Where would Morgan Klimchuk be drafted if he were in the 2014 draft?

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
He started out hot, then his production fell off a cliff despite given lots of starts in the Offensive sone against weak opposition. Potential wise, the three centers of this year simply have more talent.

Also, Flames fans, are you still happy with Poirier over Shinkaruk?

Production is not the main reason we drafted Monahan. He is projected to be even better defensively than offensively.

Furthermore, taking this year into account when trying to determine where he would be drafted is pretty dumb. Players don't play in the NHL before being drafted, so you project their draft position off their play in Junior. Monahan in Junior looked about as good as Draisaitl does now.

And yes, I'm happy with Poirier over Shinkaruk because Poirier doesn't play a completely one-dimensional game and isn't a bad-attitude ****-eater.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Production is not the main reason we drafted Monahan. He is projected to be even better defensively than offensively.

Furthermore, taking this year into account when trying to determine where he would be drafted is pretty dumb. Players don't play in the NHL before being drafted, so you project their draft position off their play in Junior. Monahan in Junior looked about as good as Draisaitl does now.

And yes, I'm happy with Poirier over Shinkaruk because Poirier doesn't play a completely one-dimensional game and isn't a bad-attitude ****-eater.

Poirier totally tore up the Q, added 26 points in 9 playoff games with Gatineau, then had 4 points in 2 games in the AHL playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a taste of the NHL towards the end of next year with that kind of progression.

Shinkaruk, the few times I saw him, looked fairly uninspiring. HockeyDB says he only played 18 games which I'm guessing means he was injured most of the season. But when I did see him, he looked pretty lazy.

We're happy with Poirier, who could very well be our next Glencross.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Poirier totally tore up the Q, added 26 points in 9 playoff games with Gatineau, then had 4 points in 2 games in the AHL playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a taste of the NHL towards the end of next year with that kind of progression.

uh... no. He had 26 PIM. In 9 games, he had 7 goals and 3 assist.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Dan Brown University. Something we came up with in the Lounge facebook group chat, don't really remember why it happened aside from it having my name in it but it's stuck ever since lol.
Regardless, it's a much better name than Duck Sauce :laugh:

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I think Klimchuk would be picked slightly higher but not much. He is projecting to be exactly what he was drafted for.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
He started out hot, then his production fell off a cliff despite given lots of starts in the Offensive sone against weak opposition. Potential wise, the three centers of this year simply have more talent.

Also, Flames fans, are you still happy with Poirier over Shinkaruk?

8th in the Q in scoring. Played solid for Abby this year. Yeah, i'm pretty happy. He can stay healthy unlike Shinkaruk. Rather have a player who could actually play.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Monahan would be top 5. Honestly the top three centers this year are similar to him in regards to high IQ, decent skill set and leadership.

Klimchuk would probably be a top 20 pick.

Poirier would go 26th. I could call that.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think Monny would be top 3 with Reinhart and Ekblad.

I think both Klimchuk and Poirier are of the same value 15-20.

BacklundtoBartschi*

Monahan would be top 5. Honestly the top three centers this year are similar to him in regards to high IQ, decent skill set and leadership.

Klimchuk would probably be a top 20 pick.

Poirier would go 26th. I could call that.

So Poirier falls, while getting drafted higher in a deeper draft, and increasing his draft stock?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He's just implying Montreal would take him for sure.

I'm also using last years stats and rankings. Clearly this year both would go higher if they were a year younger. If we remember; Poirier wasn't even ranked in the top 40 in most ranks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad