Where does Tampa go from here?

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Impossible. Trade him or keep the C on him. Taking a C off an active player - a superstar no less - simply tells everyone, teammates/players/coaches/fans/media - that you have no faith in him. That'll just hurt morale even more.

Taking the C off a player is never a good idea imo

No, it just means you have no faith (or more accurately not enough) in him as Captain, he can still be a valued piece of the team

Question is who takes the C instead?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
No, it just means you have no faith (or more accurately not enough) in him as Captain, he can still be a valued piece of the team

Question is who takes the C instead?

I'm just saying it's a bad look. It's embarrassing. All season long he'll be the guy who lost the C. He'll be embarrassed in front of teammates, media will be all over him, fans too, etc.

And I know the easy answer is "he deserves it". Maybe. But the goal is for Tampa to win next year - not to punish their players. If you want to win with Stamkos, you protect him and keep the C on him. If you decide you need to move on - than you trade him.

I just don't see any upside in removing the C. it'll just create drama

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Impossible. Trade him or keep the C on him. Taking a C off an active player - a superstar no less - simply tells everyone, teammates/players/coaches/fans/media - that you have no faith in him. That'll just hurt morale even more.

Taking the C off a player is never a good idea imo
it worked with thornton

Evergreen

Firing Cooper would be strange since they literally re-signed him to a multi-year extension just a few weeks ago. I think Stamkos has got to lose the C. He is no leader.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
There is no good answer to this question other than reboot and try again. I imagine there will be multiple references to UVA basketball in their pre-season pep talks this fall.

imfree19

Apr 16, 2012
There are really only 2 options.. Either infinite memes and being made fun of forever, or they win the cup next year. If this team has a similar lineup next, the only option they have to redeem themselves is to go all the way. Anything less and their choking legacy will always follow them

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
There is C stripping precedence. Marleau 2009 after a 1st place team lost in round 1.

But... who's the Rob Blake equivalent?

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
Make small changes don't go too crazy, i think the changes will come naturally this summer since they have a cap crunch plus i honestly think this loss will make them better.

RapidFire

Jan 3, 2007
A serious response - They don't have a system that is suitable for success in the playoffs IMO

Edit: Thread merged so my response looks weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad