Speculation: Where does Matt Benning land and for How much?

Goonitup44

Jun 22, 2019
Decent 3rd pairing dman, not good playing any higher.. would like him back but he is worth 1 million not 2

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Baring a trade before tomorrow qualifying deadline Matt Benning is hitting free agency.

Where do you think he lands and for how much?

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him on the 3rd pair in Toronto the Leafs need a couple guys at RD.

Maybe he goes to Calgary they are losing a couple key guys in Brodie and Hamonic.

Maybe Tampa or St louis bring him in as depth.

Where does Matt Benning land?

He will probably either go to the Nucks or sign in Edmonton for less than his QO.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Watching him on the Condors opened my eyes. He’s a poor skater who is undersized, panics when pressed, doesn’t make the best decisions. Lagesson was a notch better in all areas. Benning has an okay shot and is one of the few Oilers who can hit the net with the puck but that’s saying very little. Bouchard would replace him in a nanosecond.

I’d offer him $1M max and sit his ass in the press box until Lagesson or Bouchard fail in the NHL.

capttim

Nov 11, 2014
I wish Mr. Benning well. I think Toronto, or Ottawa will grab him.

No room for him in our current cap or team. We have Bouchard, Broberg, Jones, Lagesson, and Samarukov waiting for playing time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad