Speculation: Where does Kevin Shattenkirk sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Btw what's up with the hate? Shattenkirk is a great offensive d-man, awesome on the PP. He is under 30 and so on. Not even worn down as a player, as opposed to a physical, shotblocking D-man.

He was bad in the playoffs, **** happens. Caps are a bad playoff team and so on.

It was good for us. 1; **** the caps. 2: it might bring down the $.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Shattenkirk 6 years @$6.5M
Thornton 2 years @ 7M

Nash $7.8M is off the books next season. Lias Andersson joins in 2 years when Thornton is gone.

Rangers get a big guy who can pass and win draws. He replaces the loss of Stepan.

This is why we can have nice things.

Pls apply for GM job.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
My guess is Rangers, but I can see the Devils making a huge offer that might sway him away

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The lightning I'd say 6.75 cap hit for 7 years I have a feeling that's been yzermans plan clearing all this cap space.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Btw what's up with the hate? Shattenkirk is a great offensive d-man, awesome on the PP. He is under 30 and so on. Not even worn down as a player, as opposed to a physical, shotblocking D-man.

He was bad in the playoffs, **** happens. Caps are a bad playoff team and so on.

It was good for us. 1; **** the caps. 2: it might bring down the $.

He's had now 2 bad playoffs in a row.
He needs sheltering but likely is looking at 1st pair money.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
He might sign with the Rangers

True. Just about everyone hates us.

This is the first time in ages I'm not scared of signing a UFA longterm. They're often +30 years old and on the decline.

Shatty will be immense barring any majors injuries.

6-7 years @ $6.5M would be nice.

McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Skjei - Smith
Staal the cyclone - DeAngelo

That'd be nice.

Staal could use a quick player next to him that offsets his lack of vision and slow as molasses reaction-time.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The lightning I'd say 6.75 cap hit for 7 years I have a feeling that's been yzermans plan clearing all this cap space.

He wants to play closer to home, Fat chance he signs with Tampa and besides he wants to be a #1 D man and that belongs to Hedman no way do i see Shattenkirk playing 2nd fiddle to Hedman in Tampa they're not an option.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He wants to play closer to home, Fat chance he signs with Tampa and besides he wants to be a #1 D man and that belongs to Hedman no way do i see Shattenkirk playing 2nd fiddle to Hedman in Tampa they're not an option.

Per joe smith today they have reached out to shattenkirk the lightning

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

Well, he's not gonna be the #1 in NYR either soooo...

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Per joe smith today they have reached out to shattenkirk the lightning

Yeah maybe the Lightning have reached out to Shattenkirks camp, But it doesn't mean that Shattenkirk has any desire for Tampa. It takes two to tangle and Shattenkirk has said time and time again that he wants to play for the Rangers and he wants to be a #1 D man and that's so not happening in Tampa.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

If he plays with Hedman wouldn't he be a 1st pairing D? I don't see the problem with That? Wpuldnt it make Shattenkirks job easier to play with a guy like Hedman?

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Well, he's not gonna be the #1 in NYR either soooo...

True, All the more reason why i think he could end up with the Devils, They can afford the most money the #1 D man position and it's still close to home.

No, but he'd be close to home. Playing for his childhood team, they're always contending and he'd be getting top pairing minutes and a lot of time on the powerplay.

Playing with McD and Lundqvist will probably help too!

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If he plays with Hedman wouldn't he be a 1st pairing D? I don't see the problem with That? Wpuldnt it make Shattenkirks job easier to play with a guy like Hedman?

Yeah but he never just said top pairing guy, He said without a doubt that he wants to be the number 1 guy he would still be playing 2nd fiddle to Hedman and that's not what he wants. There was already speculation that he hated playing 2nd fiddle to Pietrangelo in St Louis so i doubt Tampa is an option but maybe they will be we will know in about a weeks time.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
If geographics is a major issue than so be it. However, don't know another situation much better than Tampa for him.

1) Gets to play with a team that's gonna compete for a cup for years

2) Gets to play with Hedman

3) Gets to point a PP with Stamkos and Kucherov

If he doesn't want to live in Tampa then so be it, but team wise, it's as good a situation as there is for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad