Speculation: Where does Kevin Shattenkirk sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I'd say most likely the Rangers, with a smaller possibility of going to the Devils (they could offer him a LOT of money if they wanted to).

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I wonder how much better defensively Shattenkirk is over Yandle? Just thinking about how AV used Yandle when he was there a couple years ago, and what that would mean in regards to a contract offer for him.

We all know he's going to get 6-7m over 6-7 years.
This is the part that concerns me. Not the money or term. I can still really see him in a Devils jersey too.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Islanders will trade some D for Duchene and then shock the hockey world and sign Shattenkirk! ;)

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Still want him in NJ. We have to start spending some of this cap space at some point.

Think he will get 6-7 years around what Yandle got. ~$6.5 million AAV

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Seems like a poorly kept secret he's gonna go to the Rangers, but then again this time last year it was a poorly kept secret that Yandle was gonna go to the Bruins.

Rangers make the most sense still, but whoever gives him 7 years and a nice high AAV gets him.

Heretic

May 25, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
What's the cost of the trade?

I have no idea, just asking what avenue would be better. I guess I don't know Shattenkirk or Demers all that much. It seems like shattenkirk is an offensive beast and demers is more of a defensive guy with pmd ability.

It would seem if the trade wasn't outrageous that it might be a better option, no?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Would the Sabres want Shattenkirk at the price he's asking or would they be better off trading for Demers?

Once again Shattenkirk stated at his presser when the Caps were eliminated, That he wants to go where he can be a #1 D man the Sabres have Ristolainen as their #1 guy doubt Shattenkirk has any interest in Buffalo you already have Risto and Bogo as their RD.

Heretic

May 25, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Once again Shattenkirk stated at his presser when the Caps were eliminated, That he wants to go where he can be a #1 D man the Sabres have Ristolainen as their #1 guy doubt Shattenkirk has any interest in Buffalo you already have Risto and Bogo as their RD.

I'm not fully convinced Risto is a #1 dman, I think he's as good a #2 as you can get. He's a warrior but I think his skills are complemented by having a guy like Shattenkirk if you can afford him.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Was hoping he'd sign with the Devils, but after the Rags cleared a lot of space I think those chances are over. Whatever, let them sign another useless playoff performer

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
New york rangers / Boston Philly if the move a younger d for foward help , Long shot Leafs

But i think Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad