Speculation: Where do the Bruins Finish 2023-24?

Where do the Bruins finish 2023-24?

• Top 3 Atlantic

Votes: 63 28.0%
  • Wild Card

Votes: 98 43.6%
  • Just miss the playoffs

Votes: 57 25.3%
  • Cellar dwellers

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I finally voted in my own poll and went “Just miss”.

I honestly don’t know.

They’d better bank points while the schedule is soft out the gate.
I don’t think they have the horses to dig themselves out of a hole.

We won’t know what this team looks like until we see them in action. I don’t think it’s as simple as subtracting the points contributed last season by the guys you lost and add the projected points from the guys you added.

We saw for many years how a hole at wing in the top 6 can have ripple effects up and down the lineup due to match ups.

It feels like Buffalo is knocking on the door.

Tampa is due to slide, but maybe they don’t?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I finally voted in my own poll and went “Just miss”.

I honestly don’t know.

They’d better bank points while the schedule is soft out the gate.
I don’t think they have the horses to dig themselves out of a hole.

We won’t know what this team looks like until we see them in action. I don’t think it’s as simple as subtracting the points contributed last season by the guys you lost and add the projected points from the guys you added.

We saw for many years how a hole at wing in the top 6 can have ripple effects up and down the lineup due to match ups.

It feels like Buffalo is knocking on the door.

Tampa is due to slide, but maybe they don’t?
101.5 points? Heard Zolak and Bertrand talking about it earlier.

pfw19

Oct 1, 2009
Wisconsin
I find it hard to believe that this team won’t finish at least 3rd in the Atlantic with these D and G groups. Obviously some of the FW aren’t what we’d love to see in our top 6, but the team is still solid IMO.

Reactions: Bradely

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I told my wife last year......Bergeron retires, Bruins win Stanley Cup the next year
I made a "bold prediction" on Twitter that the Bruins win the Cup, told people to bookmark it. It was a joke but if it happens, I will be a genius. I am going to hear about it, no matter what happens. Bring it on!

Reactions: NeelyDan

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Ironically now that they don't have the pressure to win "one last cup" For Bergeron and Krejci it might make it easier on them

Reactions: caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Ironically now that they don't have the pressure to win "one last cup" For Bergeron and Krejci it might make it easier on them
I agree and there is a lot of talent on this team. I much prefer the underdog role.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They are built much better for the regular season than the post season. Especially with the two goalie tandem. They’ll get in. However it’s most likely another first round exit due to their inexperience at center and relying on 3LW’s who are age 34 or older.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They are built much better for the regular season than the post season. Especially with the two goalie tandem. They’ll get in. However it’s most likely another first round exit due to their inexperience at center and relying on 3LW’s who are age 34 or older.

Yeah 'tending and the D Corp are going to have to carry them because I don't see them
anywhere near last years offense given what they lost.

TB, Florida and Ottawa all have significant injuries in Vasi, Ekblad\Montour and Noris to start the year. Detroit has questions on D beyond Seider and Walman and Buffalo has question marks in net with rookie Levi.

Any significant injuries to one of 63,74,88 and their DNQ probability definitely
exceeds 50%. Going to be interesting watching all the games amongst Boston, Ottawa, Buffalo and Detroit.

Reactions: missingchicklet

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Wished they had played Ottawa once with them a bit of a mess, instead of Chicago\Anaheim twice. Still going with Bruins in WC slot as I expect Toronto-Florida
and TB to finish ahead of Boston.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They've already banked a lot of points relative to the rest of the division. Hard to imagine they'd fall out of the playoffs or a top 3 divisional spot. But it depends on the strength of the other teams. Some years, 98 points gets you third, some years it's 110. But with what they've already banked, going a steady 40-32 the rest of the year gets them to 99 points. With Tampa having their injury concerns and Toronto scuffling out of the gates, they've got more of a collar now to secure a top 3 finish. Florida looks like your toughest competition right now but you beat them in OT to get a point off them. Detroit had a hot start but they've beaten bad teams and lost to good teams, they may be on the way up but they're not there yet.

I think as of now I'd peg us at worst #2 in the division. But no guarantees.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
“Where do they finish in the regular season?” Who gives a shit. While I naturally want the Bruins to win every single time they take the ice, we all know how much the regular season is worth.

Will they win a playoff series?
Will they win two?
Will the lose in the first round?
Will the Almighty shine upon them and they win the Stanley Cup?

Who knows.

But what I do know is that if they have a regular season anything like they had last year, they need to win AT LEAST a playoff series and probably two for the year to be seen as any kind of success.by me.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
They’re a good hockey team.

The sky hasn’t fallen.
This, in and of itself is impressive.

Whether it translates to playoff success or not remains to be seen.

Felger and Mazz hit the nail on the head yesterday. They need to win a playoff round and have a strong showing in round 2.

Reactions: HustleB

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Still sticking with just miss for consitenciy's sake, but if they are over .500 in their next ten games, will have to elevate them to a wildcard.
That take would have them being under .500 for the rest of the year. But yeah, consistency of negativity is a trait worth admiring.

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Wished they had played Ottawa once with them a bit of a mess, instead of Chicago\Anaheim twice. Still going with Bruins in WC slot as I expect Toronto-Florida
and TB to finish ahead of Boston.

Ottawa is a mess no matter what. Pinto out half the season and formenton gone. Whole team is in disarray. Shooting themselves in the foot.

Bruins should be fine regardless unless a major injury bug hits them. It’s the playoffs that’s the only concerning part for me. Especially with how old some parts of the roster are.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Ottawa is a mess no matter what. Pinto out half the season and formenton gone. Whole team is in disarray. Shooting themselves in the foot.

Bruins should be fine regardless unless a major injury bug hits them. It’s the playoffs that’s the only concerning part for me. Especially with how old some parts of the roster are.

Yet with their terrible start, after just 9 games they are just 4 points out of a WC playoff
spot. Its absolutely to early to say Ottawa's chances of making the PO are done, though losing Chabot hurts their cause.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
2 in our division is likely an easier path but I think with our insanely good D and goaltending we'll be tops.

I can't believe last year when we were on pace to have the greatest team of all time we added those absolute pukes Hathaway and Orlov so disgusting looking back. Both had historys of cheap shotting our guys Orlov on Kevan Miller and Hathaway on DK I think? I know the Mitchell Miller signing takes the cake for dumbest unneccessary move ever but those two adds really make my blood boil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad