Speculation: Where do the Bruins Finish 2023-24?

Where do the Bruins finish 2023-24?

• Top 3 Atlantic

Votes: 63 28.0%
  • Wild Card

Votes: 98 43.6%
  • Just miss the playoffs

Votes: 57 25.3%
  • Cellar dwellers

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Top 3 Atlantic is pretty surprising to me for voters. Toronto-Tampa ahead of us for me now without too much hesitation.

So Buffalo, Ottawa, Florida we have to beat all of them out. I take the Ottawa and Buffalo core over ours now 100% of the time. Florida I don't know what to think.

Buffalo and Ottawa's development arc is a bit scary.

Reactions: Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Tampa, Toronto, Buffalo, Carolina, Devils, Rangers are all slam dunk better, no contest. That's 6.

So we're gonna slug it out with the Pens, Sens, Panthers and probably a surprise team, give or take? I voted for us just outside there, but sure I could see WC2. At least they'd have no pressure there.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Bruins finished ahead of the pack by a wide margin last season. They can give up 20 points and still finish in the top 3.

They proved to be capable of winning without key players both during the season and in the PO's.

Elite goaltending and defense will be counted on more than ever.

I have full confidence in this team , I predict around 110 points regular season and I'm gonna say they will go further than last year in the PO's.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bruins finished ahead of the pack by a wide margin last season. They can give up 20 points and still finish in the top 3.

They proved to be capable of winning without key players both during the season and in the PO's.

I have full confidence in this team , I predict around 110 points regular season and I'm gonna say they will go further than last year in the PO's.
I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'm genuinely curious to why you feel like they'll go further this year than last year?

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON

Oh, I think this is gratuitously generous. I am not sure we have really equalized much through our addition by subtraction.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Tampa, Toronto, Buffalo, Carolina, Devils, Rangers are all slam dunk better, no contest. That's 6.

So we're gonna slug it out with the Pens, Sens, Panthers and probably a surprise team, give or take? I voted for us just outside there, but sure I could see WC2. At least they'd have no pressure there.
There's no way Buffalo or the Rangers are slam dunk better. Tampa and Toronto both got worse, and that's before Toronto either trades Nylander or trades/buys out Brodie. Carolina and the Devils absolutely.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Isles scored 243 goals and let in 222 last year for 7th.

So that's a 63 goal drop on GF, and 55 goal increase on GA

Do I think this team can score 243 goals, hmmm. If everyone in the top 6 gets 25 that's 150. So we have to find 93 more from the D, bottom 6, and call ups?

D gets say 30 if we're mega fortunate, that's 180 goals. Fill in guys are good for 12? 192. Bottom 6 needs to score 51 goals. Yeah ok, it's possible. That's probably the formula.

But the second we concede 250+ goals we're cooked. So we're a Charlie injury away from missing the playoffs probably.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Tampa Bay, Toronto, Florida, New Jersey, Rangers, and Carolina are better.

They’re in the tier with Pittsburgh, Islanders, Buffalo, and Ottawa fighting for the last 2 spots.

My gut right now is close miss. With the forward group this season, I think they’re relying on another historic season from their goalies. That’s a lot to ask for and I don’t expect it back to back years.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Tampa Bay, Toronto, Florida, New Jersey, Rangers, and Carolina are better.

They’re in the tier with Pittsburgh, Islanders, Buffalo, and Ottawa fighting for the last 2 spots.

My gut right now is close miss. With the forward group this season, I think they’re relying on another historic season from their goalies. That’s a lot to ask for and I don’t expect it back to back years.
This is where I'm thinking they land.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Can't vote until I see if DS has something up his sleeve in terms of trading for a top-6 center.

If two of Coyle/Zacha/Geekie are 1C and 2C I will be overjoyed if the Bs can squeak in as a WC team. Not having Bergy back is massive in terms of the loss in offense, defense, and leadership. Had Bergy come back I would feel comfortable that the Bs would make the playoffs. Now that he's gone it's going to be a battle to squeak in unless a true 1C/2C is brought in. Too much out the door this summer and not enough coming in the door.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If DK comes back a wild card. Without DK they will miss the playoffs, by how much I don't know.

I love #13 but there is no way the Bruins make the playoffs if you've got him playing 2C all the time.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I think this team will do poor in the first half and Don Sweeney will try to correct it at the trade deadline only for the team to miss out in 10th place. Unless they make another big move that results in more futures getting shipped out the door, the Bruins aren't gonna make it to the playoffs this year. And honestly? I'm okay with that. This team needs to bottom out so that Don Sweeney and Cam Neely get ejected from their spot in power. Take a little bit of pain now for a better future tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad