Speculation: When would you start considering busting up the KGM line?

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Apparently at practice today Carlyle had JVR skating with Grabo and Kulemin and Mac with Kadri and Komarov.

goleafsgo87*

If they don't want to play sit one of them and call up frattin. Atleast Frattin cares for a job with the leafs unlike mac who is ungrateful, should be thankful he is on the leafs and getting paid good money when there is ppl around the world that just wants a cup of water.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Seems time to put Kulemin down on the third line. He looks just as sluggish as he did last season.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I would demote Kulemin to a defensive role immediately until he wakes the **** up. He has been a black hole out there for 72 games now, people saying it's only been 2 must have short memories.

Thank you for agreeing

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
Except his D hasn't been that good and he's become extremely soft on the puck.
I don't care if he scores, I wanna see him use his strength and knock guys off the puck and protect it.

DaveT83*

Good for Randy. Nice to see him mixing things up already. Wilson would ride the KGM line for 30games before thinking about trying something different.

I don't like Mac. I don't know what he's doing on this team. Frattin needs to be called up. Kids full of energy. Isn't afraid to enter the dirty areas - and doesn't get pushed off the puck so easily.

JVR Grabo Frattin
Kulie Kadri Komorov

leafspring*

How could i vote when Carlyle has already busted up every single line multiple times in whatever the game situation had dictated him to. There is not one line on the team that will remain intact if Carlyle sees fit to change things from one shift to the other.

Thats just the way it will be every game because Carlyle is a game technician. He will change anything in any given game,so don't make much of changes he makes because,he will make changes after that lol.

There are no set lines with this coach.

TML g u n n e R s*

JVR-Grabo-Kulie this was the line i really hoped randy put together and within 3 games he does! 2 big body's that can shoot and a quick, crafty Centerman. Gonna do some serious Damage!

Last edited by a moderator:

leafspring*

Ya I have to say Komarov is great to watch. Kulemin hasnt been the same since that plane accident and got pushed off the puck quit easily that led to the 2nd Buffalo goal last nite. The guy should be literally impossible to move if what they say is true: always in the weight room and last to leave praccy. I dont see the results, he is turning into another Ponikarovsky, IMO.

I'm hoping its small ice adjustment,and not will.

leafspring*

If they don't want to play sit one of them and call up frattin. Atleast Frattin cares for a job with the leafs unlike mac who is ungrateful, should be thankful he is on the leafs and getting paid good money when there is ppl around the world that just wants a cup of water.

Mac your blaming for the lines woes? You better look again.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
This is what I want to be tried.

Bozak Kessel JVR
Kadri Lupul Kule
Mcclement Grabo Mac
Steckel Orr Brown

You are approaching 10000 posts and you still don't know how to write lines out? The way you wrote it you have all the centers on the wing :shakehead

I think you need to spend less time hashing out different ways to **** on Grabovski and actually learn something about the game itself..:help:

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Mac your blaming for the lines woes? You better look again.

I really don't understand where people are getting their opinions on MacArthur from. He's an solid skater who's consistent offensively, plays well defensively and hustles all over the ice. In fact, he's already made 3 excellent backchecking plays to break up an opponent's rush this year. Yet people call him lazy. :huh:

His only flaws, IMO, is his board work and hitting, which isn't surprising considering his lack of size. He doesn't do anything extremely well, but he does everything good enough.

Some people seem to even have the idea that he takes too many penalties, even though, as a Leaf, he's averaging a penalty every 5 games. :help:

I just don't get it. :dunno:

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I really don't understand where people are getting their opinions on MacArthur from. He's an solid skater who's consistent offensively, plays well defensively and hustles all over the ice. In fact, he's already made 3 excellent backchecking plays to break up an opponent's rush this year. Yet people call him lazy. :huh:

His only flaws, IMO, is his board work and hitting, which isn't surprising considering his lack of size. He doesn't do anything extremely well, but he does everything good enough.

Some people seem to even have the idea that he takes too many penalties, even though, as a Leaf, he's averaging a penalty every 5 games. :help:

I agree with you, but I think the idea is that he takes dumb/very poorly times penalties, not that he takes too many of them. That's probably an exaggeration, but it's always the worst ones that stand out in your memory.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
I agree with you, but I think the idea is that he takes dumb/very poorly times penalties, not that he takes too many of them. That's probably an exaggeration, but it's always the worst ones that stand out in your memory.

I guess. Still, I bet you could do the same with anyone on this team, even Kessel. I guess I understand the confirmation bias, but that doesn't make it right/accurate. :nod:

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I likewise don't understand why you'd dislike MacArthur. He's good but not great at just about everything (good shot, good skater, good puck handler, good cycler when the line is going), and has been consistent for us.

mikebel111*

lines switched up
JVR and mac switch spots
carlyle said, he wants to give kadri more ice time
thank you very much

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
lines switched up
JVR and mac switch spots
thank you very much

It's funny how grateful we are, after Wilson lowered the bar so low, for such an obvious coaching decision.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You are approaching 10000 posts and you still don't know how to write lines out? The way you wrote it you have all the centers on the wing :shakehead

I think you need to spend less time hashing out different ways to **** on Grabovski and actually learn something about the game itself..:help:

A deep inspiring post, thank you

leafspring*

Them same people must be really puzzling over the "A" on his shirt too i would suspect.;);)

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Them same people must be really puzzling over the "A" on his shirt too i would suspect.;);)

Well, obviously it's to make him look like a better player to other teams. I mean, of course they think a letter on the jersey makes players better, so when they scout, they count them up and put them in their reports.

:sarcasm: :help:

leafspring*

lines switched up
JVR and mac switch spots
thank you very much

Thats no knock on Mac,it just means he wants Mac to be the one getting the extra ice with Naz lol. So Naz is now our second line center,and Grabbos line just bought less ice time,and so did JVR.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles with Carlyle if your not producing,and that third line he just made isn't doing squat.

Randy votes "NOW" to the poll ha.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Thats no knock on Mac,it just means he wants Mac to be the one getting the extra ice with Naz lol. So Naz is now our second line center,and Grabbos line just bought less ice time,and so did JVR.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles with Carlyle if your not producing,and that third line he just made isn't doing squat.

Randy votes "NOW" to the poll ha.

Last night Kadri had about the same icetime as the Grabo line. I dont think this is about 'demoting' Grabo and JVR to 'promote' Kadri. I think it's more about getting Grabo and Kulemin going, and I think more icetime for Kadri likely means 1st PP unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad