Jun 14, 2011
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Orr/McLaren

nikolastojanovic

Mar 9, 2013
Kitchener, Ontario
Bozak does nothing on the first line, kadri has the same amount of assists as bozak has total points, and thats on the third line imagine if he played with JVR and Kessel that line would explode ... either trade him or demote him, last 4 years as a first line centre and has done nothing, kadri first season and is all ready impressing and showing his potenial!!!!

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Bozak does nothing on the first line, kadri has the same amount of assists as bozak has total points, and thats on the third line imagine if he played with JVR and Kessel that line would explode ... either trade him or demote him, last 4 years as a first line centre and has done nothing, kadri first season and is all ready impressing and showing his potenial!!!!

I suspect that rather than explode, they'd get pinned into their own zone by the grinding forwards and top D of the opposing team. Better to keep the scoring talent distributed.

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010

you clearly have no concept of sheltered minutes...

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin
van Riemsdyk-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Orr/Mclaren
Steckel

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Lupul-Bozak-Kessel(scoring line#1)
Kulemin-Grabo-Mcclement(shutdown line)
JVR-Kadri-Frattin (scoring line #2)
Komorov-Steckel-Mac (energy line)

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
We won't make the playoffs if we have Holzer playing 1st pairing minutes. It simply won't happen. Jake Gardiner on his wrong side would be more effective.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

This was my thought too.

Kadri is getting his chances because of where he's playing. The way Carlyle is using him has created a line that has the talent to hurt other teams, but isn't good enough to be the focus of the opposing teams game plan. Having a Lupul-Bozak-Kessel line as the first will keep opposing teams matching up their top pairings against them, and the Grabovski line is looked to for secondary/tertiary scoring and to shutdown the opposing team. That leaves Kadri's line to prey on third and fourth lines and make a real difference on the score sheet. Adding JvR to that line will only make it stronger, IMO.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
We won't make the playoffs if we have Holzer playing 1st pairing minutes. It simply won't happen. Jake Gardiner on his wrong side would be more effective.

Yepp, Holzer is an effective 3rd pairing guy who's been playing way out of his league and has gotten tired. We need to find a way to put him in a position to succeed because he's still young and has upside.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

We need a guy to pair with Phaneuf and NOBODY on the roster (Gardiner included) cuts it. If I'm Nonis I'm doing everything in my power to fill that need, first place I would call is Calgary to kick tires at Jay Bouwmester.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Kulemin
MacArthur-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Orr/Mclaren
Steckel

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010

Are you saying Bosak would produce more not playing with JVR and Kessel? Maybe Carolina should move Tluski to the third line and away from checking lines. His production would sky rocket. People seem to forget when you're on the fist line yes you play against the other teams best checkers. You also play with the most talented players and get the most PP time.

Last edited:

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Are you saying Bosak would produce more not playing with JVR and Kessel? Maybe Carolina should move Tluski to the third and away from checking lines. His production would ski rocket. People seem to forget when you're on the fist line yes you play against the other teams best checkers. You also play with the most talented players and get the most PP time.

Sorry I had to

b9c97f12_Fullscreencapture10102011125143PM.jpeg

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Are you saying Bosak would produce more not playing with JVR and Kessel? Maybe Carolina should move Tluski to the third and away from checking lines. His production would ski rocket. People seem to forget when you're on the fist line yes you play against the other teams best checkers. You also play with the most talented players and get the most PP time.

I wasn't going to comment but what the heck. I think what he's saying is Kadri would produce less if anointed as the #1 C right now.

Keeping him on a different line from Kessel gives the team the best chance to win (more threats) and continue to give Kadri a chance to succeed as a ppg player for the remainder of the season like how he's doing now, It's a team effort after all and not individual.

How about we wait until next year and not rush Kadri, please? Would it really kill anyone if we waited? Let him work on his face-offs and other deficiencies and hopefully he can be that missing piece we've been waiting for all these years.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
I wasn't going to comment but what the heck. I think what he's saying is Kadri would produce less if anointed as the #1 C right now.

Keeping him on a different line from Kessel gives the team the best chance to win (more threats) and continue to give Kadri a chance to succeed as a ppg player for the remainder of the season like how he's doing now, It's a team effort after all and not individual.

How about we wait until next year and not rush Kadri, please? Would it really kill anyone if we waited? Let him work on his face-offs and other deficiencies and hopefully he can be that missing piece we've been waiting for all these years.

I'm not saying that at all. I think Kadri would even produce more on the 1st line.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

I'm pretty sure we could still have a pretty good offensively deep line-up if we played a line-up of:

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Frattin
Komarov - McClement/Bozak - Kulemin (defensive line)
Orr - Bozak/McClement - MacLaren

Maybe switch Lupul with Frattin because then we'll have a great playmaker in Kadri, a sniper in Frattin, and a mix in Kessel...

I don't know, I think it might be worth a shot...

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
If it were up to me, I'd shake up the entire line to try something new:

JVR-Kadri-Lupul
Frattin-Grabovski-Kessel
Kulemin-Bozak-MacArthur
Komarov-McClement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Holzer-Kostka
Franson-Fraser

Reimer
Scrivens

Just trying to mix size and skill.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
If it were up to me, I'd shake up the entire line to try something new:

JVR-Kadri-Lupul
Frattin-Grabovski-Kessel
Kulemin-Bozak-MacArthur
Komarov-McClement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Holzer-Kostka
Franson-Fraser

Reimer
Scrivens

Just trying to mix size and skill.

Best wingers to have on Kadri's wing are (IMO):

1. Frattin
2. Kessel
3. JVR
4. Lupul
5. MacA

Frattin and Kadri have chemistry obviously, while Kadri would give Kessel more space, JVR is a shoot-first player which already works with Kadri-Frattin so JVR makes sense. Then Lupul who is a better shooter than passer and finally MacA who's meh-offensively IMO (good, but we have better options).

I wanna see Kadri with Kessel, two very gifted offensive players and Kadri's improved his defensive play so I think it could work out great.

Ideally:

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - - Frattin
Kulemin - Bozak/McClement - Komarov
MacLaren - McClement/Bozak - Orr

Grabovski + for playmaking Center (Try kadri for the rest of the season with Kessel and see if it works, if not than make it a big plus for a #1C).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad