Line Combos: When Lupul Returns

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
No idea what to expect when Lupul returns.

I can't think of a single winger that needs to be demoted or benched right now.

I think I agree with most that McLaren and Orr will have to take turns in the pressbox until the logjam gets cleared a bit.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Lupul - Grabovski - Kulemin
Komarov - McClement - Orr/McLaren

I think this is what we will see

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
No idea what to expect when Lupul returns.

I can't think of a single winger that needs to be demoted or benched right now.

I think I agree with most that McLaren and Orr will have to take turns in the pressbox until the logjam gets cleared a bit.

Lupul with Grabovski or Kadri would probably be the best idea. JVR is on a tear even if Kessels not (well he is but in relation to his own capabilities), you dont break that up until he cools down.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The boys on Hockey Central at Noon are saying Lupul is taking full practices (hitting and all). It's just a matter of getting into game shape now.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
First 5 games

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Grabo Kulemin
MacA Kadri Frattin
Karomov McClem McLaren (With Orr rotating)

Rest of Season

Lupul Bozak Kessel
MacA Grabo Kulemin
JVR Kadri Frattin
Karomov McClem McLaren (With Orr rotating)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters

van Riemsdyk took tumble during end of practice skating drill; left ice favouring right leg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's possible. Just depends on if he's been keeping his conditioning up.

I know he has skated a couple times on his own, and i'm pretty sure they kept him on the bike while he was out.

So hopefully he will be ready

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I know he has skated a couple times on his own, and i'm pretty sure they kept him on the bike while he was out.

So hopefully he will be ready

Yeah, he might just need a few practices to adjust to the speed and he'll be good to go.

AJ93

May 8, 2002
I see many of you want to keep Bozak with Kessel (I don't), but I'd like to see this for a change.

Lupul - JVR - Kessel
Grabovski - Bozak - Kulemin
McLaren - McClement - Komarov

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I see many of you want to keep Bozak with Kessel (I don't), but I'd like to see this for a change.

Lupul - JVR - Kessel
Grabovski - Bozak - Kulemin
McLaren - McClement - Komarov

That's too much of a change considering we just had a hell week and pulled 5 of 8 points from tough teams.

I want to keep Kadri where he is and I'd rather keep JVR on his scoring pace.

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Grabovski - Kulemin
Komarov - McClement - Orr/McLaren

I think this is what we will see

Yeah, I vote for this. Lupul's not going to be 100% when he steps back into the lineup; let him get his groove back on the shutdown line.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
20 minutes ago
@markhmasters: Carlyle says Lupul hasn't been cleared for contact yet

ignition launched

If this is true I would guess he's out for another 2 weeks. Leafs will do fine without him in the meantime. We just need him in time for the playoffs *knocks on wood*.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I'd like to see
Lupul/Bozak/Kessel - proven chemistry that opposition will have to plan against
JVR/Kadri/Frattin - potential to be a major scoring threat and give opposition two lines to worry about.
Mac/Grabo/Kulemin - has had chemistry, strong two way play and can score. can't ask for much more from a 3rd line
Komarov/McClemment/McLaren or Orr - hate putting Komarov on the 4th line but rounds out the fwd group nicely. Maybe trade of Mac is where Komarov gets the bump.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm a believer you don't fix what is not broken, Kadri/Mac/ and when Frattin gets back into playing shape, is a line you don't touch. Keep them together for the entire season.

The rest of the lines can be tweaked, Lupul did not play very well before he got hurt, it will be interesting if he can play for RC, a coach he admitted to having bad feelings with. He's going to have to prove he can to last year's high level.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Best wingers to have on Kadri's wing are (IMO):

1. Frattin
2. Kessel
3. JVR
4. Lupul
5. MacA

Frattin and Kadri have chemistry obviously, while Kadri would give Kessel more space, JVR is a shoot-first player which already works with Kadri-Frattin so JVR makes sense. Then Lupul who is a better shooter than passer and finally MacA who's meh-offensively IMO (good, but we have better options).

I wanna see Kadri with Kessel, two very gifted offensive players and Kadri's improved his defensive play so I think it could work out great.

Ideally:

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - - Frattin
Kulemin - Bozak/McClement - Komarov
MacLaren - McClement/Bozak - Orr

Grabovski + for playmaking Center (Try kadri for the rest of the season with Kessel and see if it works, if not than make it a big plus for a #1C).

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Frattin
Kulemin-Bozak-Komarov
McLaren-McClement-Orr

Trade MacArthur for a 1st.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Put Lupul in the AHL, everybody needs a little time on the Marlies. Call him up when you're ready to have him up...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad