When it’s all said and done Juraj Slafkovsky finishes as the _ best Slovak player of all time?

Where does Slafkovsky end up all time among Slovak players?

• First

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Second

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Third

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Top 5

Votes: 36 13.6%
  • Top 10

Votes: 104 39.4%
  • Outside top 10

Votes: 103 39.0%

• Total voters

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He was never known as a Slovak American,
Always a Slovak Canadian.

Just like most all other CDN players living in US consider themselves Canadian that have US citizenship.
I have friends that are Canadian Born with US citizenship, still call themselves Canadian.
Yeah, but Mikita called himself former Canadian citizen.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Gaborik's was during the dead puck era. He was top 30 in NHL scoring with his 67 points. Currently, the 30th player in scoring has more than 67 points, even though there's still about a dozen games left to play.
To add to this, he played majority of his career w the epitome of the dead puck defensive era, the wild. Minny was where offense went to die.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Mikita played for Canada because he could not play for Czechoslovakia due to rules and politics. And he was an old man by the time he could have possibly made that happen. There was no chance he could’ve no matter if he wanted to. Is Nigel Dawes no longer a Canadian even when he played for the WJC team on 2 occasions?
Mikita also lived in Canada and was raised there since he was 8 . He also played in the Ontario league. Whether you like it or not, Mikita is known as a Canadian first and foremost. Like I said, I'm sure he was proud of his Slovakian roots.

When Nigel Dawes was raised in Kazakhstan for most of his childhood, then you would have a point.

Quoting a two year post I made and arguing about it rn is odd af.

Mikita considered himself Slovak-American.
No.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: crowi

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Finishes second to Gaborik in u20 scoring in a season all time for a Slovak. U21 seasons to pass: Gaborik 65 in 81. Hossa 56 in 82. Both very attainable for next season. I wonder if you asked Slovak hockey fans about where he should be all time, how much would his Olympics elevate him?

Reactions: David Suzuki

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Statsny is pretty much untouchable IMO, and Mikita is probably too

At full potential, I'd say bottom of top 5 or top 10

I stand by this

If Mikita is considered a slovakian player, than I see Slaf getting the 5th spot, above Gaborik, maybe even overtaking Hossa

Statsny, Palffy and Mikita (if he counts) can't be touched

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Mikita also lived in Canada and was raised there since he was 8 . He also played in the Ontario league. Whether you like it or not, Mikita is known as a Canadian first and foremost. Like I said, I'm sure he was proud of his Slovakian roots.

When Nigel Dawes was raised in Kazakhstan for most of his childhood, then you would have a point.

Quoting a two year post I made and arguing about it rn is odd af.

No.
I was born and raised here and I don’t even identify as Canadian

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad