When is the 2013 qmjhl draft?

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I've heard from a few PEI hockey fans that the arena in Charlottetown seems to be part of the problem. Never actually been there myself but I've never heard anyone say anything good about it.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I've heard from a few PEI hockey fans that the arena in Charlottetown seems to be part of the problem. Never actually been there myself but I've never heard anyone say anything good about it.

It seemed fine for a Q rink last time I was there, granted all I did was walk in to the dressing room, get my gear on, go on the ice, walk back to the dressing room, walk out of the rink :laugh:

Seemed more like a CIS rink but I've been in way worse. One that comes to mind was Centre Henry-Leonard (Baie-Comeau). Even the ice in Baie-Comeau is choppy as hell, it was somewhere between a pond & a local rink that seats 106 :sarcasm: granted that's 6-7 years ago and it was near the end of the winter

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
still 7 days left.....I have a feeling something is in the works and they might stay

i asked some of the league personnel that i know, and they said there was absolutely no plans to move a team before next season. if no owner is found, the league will buy the team and try to find a buyer to keep it in PEI.

Its obvious they want Savard gone. Knowing the league will pay up, i dont know why Savard would try to find a new owner...local or not. He will just take the money from the league and run. He will become personna non grata in PEI :) If no local owners are found i expect them to move after next season.

So perhaps i get to keep my house after all.... :)

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
i asked some of the league personnel that i know, and they said there was absolutely no plans to move a team before next season. if no owner is found, the league will buy the team and try to find a buyer to keep it in PEI.

Its obvious they want Savard gone. Knowing the league will pay up, i dont know why Savard would try to find a new owner...local or not. He will just take the money from the league and run. He will become personna non grata in PEI :) If no local owners are found i expect them to move after next season.

So perhaps i get to keep my house after all.... :)

10 days just isn't enough time.

When the league wants someone out they find a way to get rid of him.

I hope that the rocket stay in PEI.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
It seemed fine for a Q rink last time I was there, granted all I did was walk in to the dressing room, get my gear on, go on the ice, walk back to the dressing room, walk out of the rink :laugh:

Seemed more like a CIS rink but I've been in way worse. One that comes to mind was Centre Henry-Leonard (Baie-Comeau). Even the ice in Baie-Comeau is choppy as hell, it was somewhere between a pond & a local rink that seats 106 :sarcasm: granted that's 6-7 years ago and it was near the end of the winter

I was referring to the arena as it appeals to fans, since they're the ones paying to go watch the Rocket. I know some people were hoping they'd move to Summerside, mainly because of their much nicer and newer arena.

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
I was referring to the arena as it appeals to fans, since they're the ones paying to go watch the Rocket. I know some people were hoping they'd move to Summerside, mainly because of their much nicer and newer arena.

45 minute drive from Charlottetown to Summerside with no divided highways not a good drive in the winter.There is 35,000 people in Charlottetown and only 16,000 in Summerside not sure if that would be a good move.

ItsSomerTime

May 7, 2013
Cornwall, PE, Canada
Drafting has been far from a strong point for this franchise. So, when someone comes in and says that they have a great scouting staff it seems like you have some kind of emotional/personal connection.

localfan

Jul 9, 2011
he was good. Not his teams best player (Janes), but certainly good. He has the tools to play at the next level, and seemed to play very well within the team system, played the point on the power play, and did everything that was asked of him. He was a leader on the ice for that team. Valley was a very well coached team, and he definetly progressed this year.

In terms of Janes, he was only in the 9-12 rounds section of the CSR...I figured he would be a lot higher with the amazing season he had!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad