When is the 2013 qmjhl draft?

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Strange, you would think they would announce that, but the Q site is awful so what would you expect lol.

It's always on a Saturday it seems, so I'd say June 8th because last years was Saturday the 9th ... it's in Chicoutimi too.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I really feel this kid is getting **** on because he's a LSL boy with a bad rep who played Espoir.

Who hold the top 5 picks ?

Saying Noel, Roy, Roy and Beauvillier are better players isn't ******** on Sprong ... It's saying they believe Noel, Roy, Roy and Beauvillier are better players than Sprong.

BigDreamer

Jun 9, 2012
Are they adding more rounds to the draft this year? I know they have to draft a certain amount of American kids rule or something.

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Are they adding more rounds to the draft this year? I know they have to draft a certain amount of American kids rule or something.

All teams must draft at least 2 Americans, and the draft has increased to 14 rounds from 12. That change was put in last year.

Call me Suds

Dec 21, 2012
I really feel this kid is getting **** on because he's a LSL boy with a bad rep who played Espoir.

Who hold the top 5 picks ?

You think CB would take Sprong #1? Or even #2? They had multiple players quit on them this year lol they're not going to take a guy who has dressed for 4 teams in two years

Flyers12

Feb 7, 2008
Next year in 2014 the draft will be May 31st to Sherbrooke, but this year I don't know if is June 1st or 8th.

Last year, the draft was June 9th because the Téléthon Opération Enfant Soleil was June 2nd and used the same giant screen that the Remparts used for the draft.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Noel is very skilled but I hear he is only 5' 8" 140 lbs

Noel was listed at 5-10, 160 at the start of this year at Shattucks. He will likely be at 5-11, 170+ by the draft. He has very good stats, against the toughest competition, by far, of anyone in the draft, seeing as he is playing with and against players getting drafted to the NHL THIS season.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Noel was listed at 5-10, 160 at the start of this year at Shattucks. He will likely be at 5-11, 170+ by the draft. He has very good stats, against the toughest competition, by far, of anyone in the draft, seeing as he is playing with and against players getting drafted to the NHL THIS season.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=952419&page=11
Noel is looking great, he had a bad all state game, and played average at a scouting thing Shattuck had this year but in most games he looks really good for the team his only problem is he is listed at 5'10/170 or something like that, but standing next to the kid he is about 5'08/135 or something small.

Scoutman has been following Noel for a while now, and given how often players sizes get exagerated online, I'd take his word over any website.
Noel's still young enough that he is expected to grow obviously, but it sounds like he has a long ways to go.

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=952419&page=11

Scoutman has been following Noel for a while now, and given how often players sizes get exagerated online, I'd take his word over any website.
Noel's still young enough that he is expected to grow obviously, but it sounds like he has a long ways to go.

They will all be measured and weighed at the Gold Cup in May , your right it is hard to trust websites I have seen players height taken with skates on.At the Mentorship Cup in July thye had him at 5' 10 " 155 , anyway he is a good player and looks like average size.

Call me Suds

Dec 21, 2012
Still cracks me up that people think Nathan Noel is a 3rd round pick based on his stats from Shattuck. They don't understand he's the first 15 year old to play prep since Emerson Etem and he only had 28pts in 58gp. Noel has 35pts in 47gp right now

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Still cracks me up that people think Nathan Noel is a 3rd round pick based on his stats from Shattuck. They don't understand he's the first 15 year old to play prep since Emerson Etem and he only had 28pts in 58gp. Noel has 35pts in 47gp right now

I think most people view him as a top 3 player for the draft, and I'm not sure I have ever seen anybody claim he is a third round pick in either the Q or even the future NHL draft.

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
Would everyone relax with this Noel kid......you are putting expectations too high. He is 5' 8" and weighs a buck 40 and is playing prep school hockey which is quite weak.

As far as Sprong he is very gifted offensively and very determined to succeed. Hi only downfall is he does not play the three zones on the ice and Q coaches will destroy him if he tries to play that way. However, not many players are more gifted offensively. And he has to be able to go in traffic which is not his forte.....but a strong scorer who also can be a good playmaker.

Not sure exactley how big Noel is but I remember the first overall pick last year was only 5' 7 1/2 " 166 pounds by the name of Audette ?

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Would everyone relax with this Noel kid......you are putting expectations too high. He is 5' 8" and weighs a buck 40 and is playing prep school hockey which is quite weak.

As far as Sprong he is very gifted offensively and very determined to succeed. Hi only downfall is he does not play the three zones on the ice and Q coaches will destroy him if he tries to play that way. However, not many players are more gifted offensively. And he has to be able to go in traffic which is not his forte.....but a strong scorer who also can be a good playmaker.

Hes in a very elite group of 15yo's (mostly future nhl players) who make the shattuck prep roster. Not quite weak at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad