Prediction Contest: When is Keefe fired?

When does Keefe get fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
He needs to be extended, he took it to game 7 and won us our cup (coming back from 3-1 down, not to win but to show we're a team and thus earn a ton of respect at the handshake line)

Good news, he already IS extended!

I'm amending my prediction to November 3rd, 2032.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Good news, he already IS extended!

I'm amending my prediction to November 3rd, 2032.
I can only imagine how many game 7's we can reach by then, we really are looking at a dynastic team here, no team in NHL history has ever gotten as much respect as we receive in the handshake line.

• Haha
Reactions: TMLAM34

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Im hoping they get rid of our assitants....our special teams were not good...

Leafs will wait to see what happens in Carolina I assume.

Keefer will get another job pretty quick IMHO

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
I noticed this as well, he must know his time here is at an end. I have never heard him refer to the team as "The Leafs", it was always "Us" "We"

Realistically he should've been fired seconds after the game was over last night. Gotta imagine everyone in the locker room felt that energy, knowing that massive changes are coming.

I can't imagine a scenario where Keefe and Marner are still on this team next season.

They'll probably let him answer the media on locker clean out day and then boot him, but real shit he should be gone already.

LOL, laughable speech.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Probably in a week. They'll want to give the impression it's not a knee jerk reaction. It's the easy thing to do, yet by itself will make no more difference than changing the color of the gatorade.
Their actions after dismissing Keefe will show us whether they're serious about change or if the plan is to put a new shade of lipstick on this pig we cheer for.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Probably in a week. They'll want to give the impression it's not a knee jerk reaction. It's the easy thing to do, yet by itself will make no more difference than changing the color of the gatorade.
Their actions after dismissing Keefe will show us whether they're serious about change or if the plan is to put a new shade of lipstick on this pig we cheer for.

Yea, it might take a little bit of time. The coaches that got fired so far, like Hakstol and Quinn, didn't get fired immediately after the season was over for them. It's ok if the front office takes time to make a final decision. Maybe it will take a week or two.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I don’t like to see people get fired BUT we need a different voice. With so many coaches available I think he will be relieved of his duties.

And I bet he ends up in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Buds17

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Management has confidence in him since he signed a 2 year extension last year that brings him to 2026.

Given the team always loses in playoffs fast seems to have no effect. If it did, he wouldn't had got the extension in the first place. It wouldnt make sense to give it to him.

So I think Keefe will get one more year. If Leafs fizzle out next year then they'll fire him with a year left on the contract.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Sheldon Keefe: "When teams play the Leafs, they set up the game for the Leafs to beat themselves"

What does this even mean? Keefe doesn't know how to coach them up to a playoff level? The team is full of mental midgets?

What does it mean?

Reactions: OddyOh

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Sheldon Keefe: "When teams play the Leafs, they set up the game for the Leafs to beat themselves"

What does this even mean? Keefe doesn't know how to coach them up to a playoff level? The team is full of mental midgets?

What does it mean?
It means he's trying to put up a brave face the team is much better than it is. But the reason why they lose in the playoffs is more about bad luck or the team shooting themselves in the foot, as opposed to just saying the other team is better.

Whether he truly believes that, or just says it to make an excuse is on him to know.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

What does it mean?
He's saying teams play a conservative style and wait til the Leafs turn it over, then pounce on the chances.

Reactions: egd27

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
He's saying teams play a conservative style and wait til the Leafs turn it over, then pounce on the chances.
Playoff hockey is boring actually. I am getting hockey fatigued this month. I like the run and gun leafs but they obviously need a coach like the avs.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I don't think there's a coach in the world who get get control of the entitled, spoiled, narcissistic, and selfish core 4.

When Babcock tried holding them accountable the media turned him into literal Hitler overnight. He was "monstrous" for yelling at some entitled millionaires, embarrassing some entitled millionaires, and not giving enough ice time to some entitled millionaires.

So "cater to the core" Dubas brought in someone who allowed the young core players and social media to determine how the team should be coached. That didn't work either.

Boston's coach called out Pasta and he responded by scoring the OT winner and then saying that he deserved the criticism. When Keefe tried that the core 4 cried and he was forced by his boss to publicly apologize to them. Like, how the f*** can a coach work with that?

I don't blame Keefe. I know I'm the minority here for it. But it's not on him. The spoiled and entitled and privileged core 4 are the problem.

Reactions: 63 others

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He’ll be relieved the morning of media day. What day is that scheduled for?

I don't think there's a coach in the world who get get control of the entitled, spoiled, narcissistic, and selfish core 4.

When Babcock tried holding them accountable the media turned him into literal Hitler overnight. He was "monstrous" for yelling at some entitled millionaires, embarrassing some entitled millionaires, and not giving enough ice time to some entitled millionaires.

So "cater to the core" Dubas brought in someone who allowed the young core players and social media to determine how the team should be coached. That didn't work either.

Boston's coach called out Pasta and he responded by scoring the OT winner and then saying that he deserved the criticism. When Keefe tried that the core 4 cried and he was forced by his boss to publicly apologize to them. Like, how the f*** can a coach work with that?

I don't blame Keefe. I know I'm the minority here for it. But it's not on him. The spoiled and entitled and privileged core 4 are the problem.
One or the two of the core should be removed along with Keefe.

Reactions: HolyCrap

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He's got 2 more years. He won't be missing any meals. In over his head like the idiot that gave him the job.

Keefe said. "I'm thankful for the support from MLSE (Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment) and its ownership along with (president) Brendan Shanahan and (general manager) Brad Treliving, who I've really enjoyed getting to know and work with this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad