Prediction Contest: When is Keefe fired?

When does Keefe get fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I could see it after the road trip at this point.

I am sure they want to be able to get through this year with him and start fresh this summer but I see the bottom falling out soon.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I could see it after the road trip at this point.

I am sure they want to be able to get through this year with him and start fresh this summer but I see the bottom falling out soon.
I feel like if they plan on firing Keefe, which they should, it’s already on their radar. Winning or losing a single game at this point is irrelevant to the decision. So they should be looking at:

-when is the best time for the team to fire him. Probably best to fire him when the team is home for a stretch
and;
-what is their replacement plan. Temporary coaches never seem to be a good option so they should be looking to hire a replacement coach right now.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I feel like if they plan on firing Keefe, which they should, it’s already on their radar. Winning or losing a single game at this point is irrelevant to the decision. So they should be looking at:

-when is the best time for the team to fire him. Probably best to fire him when the team is home for a stretch
and;
-what is their replacement plan. Temporary coaches never seem to be a good option so they should be looking to hire a replacement coach right now.
I'd assume they have a decision already made, but a home stretch may not be ideal for a coaching change.

Doing it tomorrow, press conferences Tues, game Wed then hit the road seems logical. ASG could dilute noise around the change as well.

Reactions: ACC1224

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Not sure how it’s even gotten to this point with no consequences to either the roster or coaching staff. Completely unacceptable meanwhile they’re basically saying it is acceptable with no changes happening. Past the halfway mark of the season and sitting only 2 points ahead in a wildcard spot from being out of the playoffs.

They need to fire Keefe asap.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

and;

The coach you'd want to take over permanently isn't available right now unfortunately. The other thing to is it's much more preferable to give them a blank slate. That means a training camp and time to implement their system, not taking over after Keefe.

There could be 2-3 good options this summer depending on how things shake out.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
A loss tonight and I think they put the wheels in motion to remove him after the Winnipeg games, which gives the new coach a solid week before the 1st game after the All Star break.

If who they want isn't available they will go interim until the summer.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
The coach you'd want to take over permanently isn't available right now unfortunately. The other thing to is it's much more preferable to give them a blank slate. That means a training camp and time to implement their system, not taking over after Keefe.

There could be 2-3 good options this summer depending on how things shake out.
Are you saying we ride out Keefe for the season or let another guy in the staff take over temporarily until the offseason?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad