Injury Report: Wheeler Out Indefinitely!

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Having a player like Reaves would be nice for guys like Tkachuk. Jets have lost their big/tough indenity big time after guys like Buff has left and we never replaced it

Trying with too much skill and not a lot of toughness

Lowry, PLD, Thompson, Forbort, Stanley, Poolman are tough enough. Hopefully one of them will respond ......

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Lowry, PLD, Thompson, Forbort, Stanley, Poolman are tough enough. Hopefully one of them will respond ......

I love Stanley but I have seen enough of his AHL scraps to not have too much faith in his fighting abilities. Good physical play yes, fighting no. Size alone does not a tough guy make, see: Myers, Tyler.

But that said, Lowry or Thompson could handle him. Keep PLD and Poolman out of it.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I love Stanley but I have seen enough of his AHL scraps to not have too much faith in his fighting abilities. Good physical play yes, fighting no. Size alone does not a tough guy make, see: Myers, Tyler.

But that said, Lowry or Thompson could handle him. Keep PLD and Poolman out of it.

They're there if needed, just saying ........

Reactions: GNP and 10Ducky10

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Ehlers is probably licking his chops, just waiting to be sent over the boards.

:sarcasm:

Or rubbing those hairy mitts of his ....... :laugh:

giphy.gif

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

I unno. Maybe I'm missing it, but haven't seen enough of it on ice. Lowry for sure, but the rest?

Buff killed people on the ice with legal checks and no one would think about picking scraps with him

Same with guy's like Reaves. You just don't go out of your way to pick a fight with guy's like that

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

Do we really need a new Thorburn? Just so long as a few players with size use it appropriately. That is, laying on the body at opportune times and standing up to the 'dirt-bag shaggers'out there ( Tkachuk 1, Tkachuk 2, Darnell Nurse, etc.)
Have you all noticed that since a few games after PLD 's start, some pugilists are backing off Ehlers because PLD is laying heavy hits on these goons all over the place during regular play. Subtle as he doesn't run people and keeps playing for the puck while throwing his hits when they attempt to check him. That is more valuable than a grade A fighter trying to "scare" opponents, but adds little to positive hockey skills play.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Do we really need a new Thorburn? Just so long as a few players with size use it appropriately. That is, laying on the body at opportune times and standing up to the 'dirt-bag shaggers'out there ( Tkachuk 1, Tkachuk 2, Darnell Nurse, etc.)
Have you all noticed that since a few games after PLD 's start, some pugilists are backing off Ehlers because PLD is laying heavy hits on these goons all over the place during regular play. Subtle as he doesn't run people and keeps playing for the puck while throwing his hits when they attempt to check him. That is more valuable than a grade A fighter trying to "scare" opponents, but adds little to positive hockey skills play.
We just need our big team to play big, because they are big. Not only would it keep the other team on its toes, we have always played much better when we play a physical game. Our worst games are our figure skating games.

Don’t need to fight, just be physical. Finish checks

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4