Injury Report: Wheeler Out Indefinitely!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ehlers going to the 1st PP is likely, but it is too bad for the team. Ehlers is the main cog in the 2nd unit and having 2 units that can score is a luxury most teams can't match.
I think the Jets would be better off if they moved Perreault to the 1st PP, and kept Ehlers on the 2nd PP.

Scheifele Perreault Stastny Connor
Morrissey

Ehlers Copp Dubois Lowry (or Appleton)
Pionk

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Even with it being Tkachuk, it wasnt the worst.

It sucks bad for us because its Wheeler and it happened on such an otherwise nothing play.

Silver lining is we can have our captain with some fresher legs when the playoffs roll around. And it sounds like Harkins can get back in and get some minutes again so that's great for him.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Ehlers going to the 1st PP is likely, but it is too bad for the team. Ehlers is the main cog in the 2nd unit and having 2 units that can score is a luxury most teams can't match.

Yeah, that's how I've been justifying to myself the pain of Ehlers on PP2
Hope Wheeler returns quickly and slots back in to Ehlers' old spot :naughty:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the Jets would be better off if they moved Perreault to the 1st PP, and kept Ehlers on the 2nd PP.

Morrissey

Pionk
This would keep the balance between both units and allow both to keep being threats.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
A
Even with it being Tkachuk, it wasnt the worst.

It sucks bad for us because its Wheeler and it happened on such an otherwise nothing play.

Silver lining is we can have our captain with some fresher legs when the playoffs roll around. And it sounds like Harkins can get back in and get some minutes again so that's great for him.

And the “ other “ injury can also get healing time

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Morrissey

Pionk
They did put Perreault up to PP1 in practice today.

Reactions: Nedarb and sipowicz

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I know some are thinking it's Wheeler and he hasn't played that great this year but that easily could have been Scheifele , Ehlers , Connor or Dubois. The fact the NHL is doing nothing about this shit from the Tkachuk's means it very well could be one of those players the next time we play one of those shit heads . Ya i'd much rather watch one of those Tkachuk's playing dirty shity hockey than a player with actual talent. :shakehead

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
How does it work with LTIR? Wheeler's a pretty heavy cap hit, how much room are we gonna have if he suddenly is out for the rest of the regular season?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
One thing about Wheeler is the guy is a tough SOB , he must be having some pretty big issues to keep him out of the lineup. When they showed him on the bench after the hit he had jersey burn on his cheek bone, ya that's a totally clean hockey play Tkachuk. And i'm sorry but Tkachuk is one ugly looking dude that can't grow any facial hair.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
One thing about Wheeler is the guy is a tough SOB , he must be having some pretty big issues to keep him out of the lineup. When they showed him on the bench after the hit he had jersey burn on his cheek bone, ya that's a totally clean hockey play Tkachuk. And i'm sorry but Tkachuk is one ugly looking dude that can't grow any facial hair.

As Sip quoted on here - Tkachuk looks like a lab experiment gone wrong - result of some water, a poodle, and a jolt of electricity. :laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
We'll miss Wheeler on the power play.

CapFriendly says his accumulated hit so far is $5,974,138 this season - so there's about $2.275M you could free up if he goes on LTIR? Plus whatever's left of Little's LTIR relief.

Reactions: GNP

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Hope he's okay for the playoffs. News says he's out indefinitely with concussion-like symptoms? The guy has hardly missed a game in his career here, I'm sure as soon as the doctors okay him he'll be pissed off and ready to play.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
How does it work with LTIR? Wheeler's a pretty heavy cap hit, how much room are we gonna have if he suddenly is out for the rest of the regular season?

Wheeler would have to be expected to miss 10 games and 24 days.

Significant additions could be made and Wheeler could in theory return & play the playoffs.

Highly speculative. Perhaps Wheeler simply misses this road trip.

Last edited:

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Having a player like Reaves would be nice for guys like Tkachuk. Jets have lost their big/tough indenity big time after guys like Buff has left and we never replaced it

Trying with too much skill and not a lot of toughness

Reactions: johnnyonthspot

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
They learned how to play the game from the head asshole of the family. I'm sure he would applaud the elbow.

Hated having him on Jets 1.0. Was afraid we would draft a Tkachuk until we won the lottery in '16.

It's kind of funny, old Tkachuk was a great player and a friggin 50 goal scorer with Jets 1.0 but there is absolutely ZERO nostalgia or warmth for him. Have you ever seen anyone wearing a jersey with Tkachuk on the back the same way you see all those Selanne and Hawerchuk jerseys out there? Maybe one or two local sociopaths own Tkachuk jerseys, but that's it.

It's time for the Jets to stop dicking around with the Kachooks. Call up Oligny from the Moose next time the Jets play Ottawa and administer some rough justice. Two hander home run shot across the back of the legs, whatever it takes, I don't care. Send a message.

Reactions: johnnyonthspot

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Having a player like Reaves would be nice for guys like Tkachuk. Jets have lost their big/tough indenity big time after guys like Buff has left and we never replaced it

Trying with too much skill and not a lot of toughness

And a league that says it takes head shots seriously but in actual fact really doesn’t

Reactions: WolfHouse

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
It's kind of funny, old Tkachuk was a great player and a friggin 50 goal scorer with Jets 1.0 but there is absolutely ZERO nostalgia or warmth for him. Have you ever seen anyone wearing a jersey with Tkachuk on the back the same way you see all those Selanne and Hawerchuk jerseys out there? Maybe one or two local sociopaths own Tkachuk jerseys, but that's it.

It's time for the Jets to stop dicking around with the Kachooks. Call up Oligny from the Moose next time the Jets play Ottawa and administer some rough justice. Two hander home run shot across the back of the legs, whatever it takes, I don't care. Send a message.
5'10" Jimmy Oligny is who you'd want to come up to deal with Tkachuk? We'd also have to sign him to a contract first.

Last edited:
Reactions: WolfHouse

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
5'10" Jimmy Oligny is who you'd want to come up to deal with Tkachuk? We'd also have to sign him to a contract first.

Oligny can more than hold his own, you can look up his body of work on YouTube. Besides, I would not necessarily want to burden one of the Jets' regulars with this task... I would see it as a "taking out the trash" kind of job. Give Jimmy a pat on the back afterwards and say "thanks for the solid, we owe ya one" ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Emotionally, I agree with you. The same for the other Kachook in Calgary. But I feel guilty for the thought.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
And a league that says it takes head shots seriously but in actual fact really doesn’t

It's a physical sport,it's gonna happen no matter what. But at least we can have guys on the team that'll make them pay for it instead of relying on the league to do something about it

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

As Sip quoted on here - Tkachuk looks like a lab experiment gone wrong - result of some water, a poodle, and a jolt of electricity. :laugh:

Don't forget chalk ....... :laugh:

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig