Injury Report: Wheeler Out Indefinitely!

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Unreal that Tachook gets away with concussing the captain.
What a bone head , senseless play. The NHL is a joke when it comes to player safety. The 'reverse check' is simply an accidently/on purpose accident waiting to happen.
He used his elbow as a weapon and now he gets to play while Wheeler cannot.
The rest may do him well but it is infuriating!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
If player safety were a real thing, that play would have been reviewed by the league. The league has officials watching the game, they watch reviews. The in-game refs should have been penalized by the league for missing the call (there was no penalty call, correct?) and player safety should have assessed an after the fact fine and suspension to Brady. There is exactly zero reason for his elbow to be that high, other than intent to injure. Contact was not remotely incidental unless you want to buy the rights to the bridge I'm building in Mexico.

Honestly with that kind of BS move the suspension should be equivalent to the same amount of time as the concussed player is out of games for. Extreme yes, but then the Tkachuk style nonsense goes away real fast when you're looking at perhaps the remainder of a season without pay.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
f*** those hits, f*** Nik Kronwall and anyone who liked his hits.

"Lolz I'll just skate into him at high speed turn my back and throw myself at his head, I'm da best!"

Reactions: Jets 31

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Hope every single one of you donate to Brady's charity of choice for the vile comments about him in this thread and the other Wheeler thread.

To assume Brady is causing Blake to take this time off is premature

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Wheeler it's obviously missed but it's not the end of the world. He's definitely taken a step back this year in terms of his importance to the offense. Hopefully it's a minor concussion and he can rest for a few weeks and come back.

Reactions: ulf, GNP and hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If player safety were a real thing, that play would have been reviewed by the league. The league has officials watching the game, they watch reviews. The in-game refs should have been penalized by the league for missing the call (there was no penalty call, correct?) and player safety should have assessed an after the fact fine and suspension to Brady. There is exactly zero reason for his elbow to be that high, other than intent to injure. Contact was not remotely incidental unless you want to buy the rights to the bridge I'm building in Mexico.

Honestly with that kind of BS move the suspension should be equivalent to the same amount of time as the concussed player is out of games for. Extreme yes, but then the Tkachuk style nonsense goes away real fast when you're looking at perhaps the remainder of a season without pay.

He got 2 min for elbowing.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Also, Stanimal should have tuned kachuk up and I don't care what anyone says about having fighting removed, you have to protect your top players or expect it to continue and maybe even more liberties taken with your top players.
Tune him up and he thinks twice about having his elbows up next time.
Was PLD on the ice when this happened? Where were his linemates? I missed all but the last 5 minutes of the game. Was Lowry lining up against kachuk's line?

Wheeler has stepped up for players on this team multiple times for Christ's sake not mentioning he wears the C. Letting them take liberties like that against our captain shows a weakness.
Stanimal has to step up and take on kachuk next game and then EVERY player has to finish there checks on this asswipe.
Ya, I kow a lot of people will be totally against fighting but in this instance, it is warranted.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
How crazy is it that Wheels has only missed 6 games in the history of the team?!
Hope he's back quickly and has no long-term damage

In the meantime it would be nice if Ehlers could maybe get onto that powerplay now.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Wheeler it's obviously missed but it's not the end of the world. He's definitely taken a step back this year in terms of his importance to the offense. Hopefully it's a minor concussion and he can rest for a few weeks and come back.
Are you kidding, our PP looks BRUTAL without him

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
How crazy is it that Wheels has only missed 6 games in the history of the team?!
Hope he's back quickly and has no long-term damage

In the meantime it would be nice if Ehlers could maybe get onto that powerplay now.
Ehlers going to the 1st PP is likely, but it is too bad for the team. Ehlers is the main cog in the 2nd unit and having 2 units that can score is a luxury most teams can't match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad