4 Mikko Lehtonen – 38 Juuso Hietanen

2:
25 Toni Rajala – 51 Valtteri Filppula (C) – 76 Jere Sallinen
41 Miro Heiskanen – 50 Mikael Seppälä

3:
82 Harri Pesonen – 91 Juho Lammikko – 10 Joel Armia
3 Niklas Friman – 2 Ville Pokka

4:
80 Saku Mäenalanen – 24 Hannes Björninen – 12 Marko Anttila (A)
23 Esa Lindell – 55 Atte Ohtamaa

Do we know the Slovak lineup yet?

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Húska (Tomek)

Fehérváry - Čerešňák
Ivan - Nemec
Rosandič - Grman
Jánošík - Gachulinec

Slafkovský - Tatar - Krištof
Takáč - Roman - Regenda
Lantoši - Tamáši - Liška
Sýkora - Kollár - Lunter

Reactions: FinPanda

Chara-3

May 7, 2007
5-1 easy win for Suomi.

Slovakia can beat Sweden, Russia, Canada, but not Finland. We haven't beaten Finland for 18 years.

Reactions: vladis271

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I got a weird feeling that Slovakia scores the first goal and after that it won't be easy game for Finland, but maybe Finland squeezes a tight win.

People shouldn't expect it to be easy for Finland if Finland even wins. Finland never medaled in a home tournament so it would make sense if team Finland's tournament ends here, but of course Finland is the favorite and got to think that Finland probably wins.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
:help:

373A6B4C-21E9-4486-ABDB-1DB666300EEA.jpeg

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Vatanen injured or something?

Unknown illness. They didn't want to reveal what it is, but they said that it's not covid.

Pokka played in his place in the last game and did all right and that Friman-Pokka can get small minutes so they can increase Heiskanen+Seppälä & Ohtamaa+Lindell pairs' minutes. So it's not the end of the world that Vatanen can't play in my opinion.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

Well in ice hockey every game is a new game and it starts 0-0 and if Slovakia scores the first goal as I suspect, it might become a hard game for Finland.

Slovakian Olympic squad + some NHL guys + the recent result against Denmark are some signs that confirm Slovakia being strong a team at the moment. I understand that Denmark played back to back games before the Slovakia match and beat Canada the day before but it's still a very good result against Denmark to beat them 7-1.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Unknown illness. They didn't want to reveal what it is, but they said that it's not covid.

Pokka played in his place in the last game and did all right and that Friman-Pokka can get small minutes so they can increase Heiskanen+Seppälä & Ohtamaa+Lindell pairs' minutes. So it's not the end of the world that Vatanen can't play in my opinion.
Yeah, good thing we have more than enough defensemen. I guess Armia is back in PP2 then.

Reactions: Mestaruus

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Well in ice hockey every game is a new game and it starts 0-0 and if Slovakia scores the first goal as I suspect, it might become a hard game for Finland.

Slovakian Olympic squad + some NHL guys + the recent result against Denmark are some signs that confirm Slovakia being strong a team at the moment. I understand that Denmark played back to back games before the Slovakia match and beat Canada the day before but it's still a very good result against Denmark to beat them 7-1.
We are missing 11 players from olympic squad.

vladis271

May 13, 2022
I mean, We have to beat them one day, haven't we? But this looks like so unbalanced QF. Olympic winners with the most experienced squad in the tournament against the youngest squad in the tournament. Their goalie has had 99 percent successfulness so far.

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
I mean, We have to beat them one day, haven't we? But this looks like so unbalanced QF. Olympic winners with the most experienced squad in the tournament against the youngest squad in the tournament. Their goalie has had 99 percent successfulness so far.
Anything could happen, Denmark goalie was also spectacular all tournament.

I bet $20 on Slovaks to win, them odds were just too much to pass up on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad