OT: What's your Favorite Genre of Music?

What's Your Favorite Genre of Music?

• Rock

• Hip Hop

• Pop

• R&B

• Punk

• Metal

• EDM

• Classical

• Country

• Alternative

• Jazz

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Good music, which comes in many different forms. Hip hop. House. Rock. Oldies.

Unfortunately 90% of hip hop has become complete horse shit. I mostly listen to late 90’s tracks from Nas, Rakim, WuTang, Biggy, etc.

I gotta credit video games like NHL, FIFA and Tony Hawk for expanding my music palate. They got me into rock and punk. FIFA made me realize how much exceptional music exists outside of this country. Lotta cool ass Latin music. My playlist is all over the place.

9ACA6FB3-6035-4148-91B0-4F55A643ED54.png F696D6A8-5C3B-41AC-94C2-B40AD7DBA6CA.jpeg 7B1C6581-4E1E-4B1A-B37C-C596AFA13324.png 43D94D92-3DA3-49E2-A143-B9EBDB3E1AE2.png 3C0DFA8A-2CA2-424F-B481-D06528AA1A5B.png 8E5822A5-B470-41DF-AE81-51E81DAE2DDC.png

Reactions: EdJovanovski

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I went with metal because I used to have a small indie death metal label (Rage Records) and did a fanzine back in the 80s and 90s. I still do some writing for various metal magazines.

If you're bored, here's an interview I did a couple of months ago. People thought it was pretty funny as I reminisced about the early days of the metal scene (and my times at Atlantic Records) with some funny stories.

Although I still listen to metal quite a bit, I'm really into classic rock, alternative, classical, shoegaze, punk, and pretty much everything except country (Johnny Cash rules though).

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I went with metal because I used to have a small indie death metal label (Rage Records) and did a fanzine back in the 80s and 90s. I still do some writing for various metal magazines.

If you're bored, here's an interview I did a couple of months ago. People thought it was pretty funny as I reminisced about the early days of the metal scene (and my times at Atlantic Records) with some funny stories.

Although I still listen to metal quite a bit, I'm really into classic rock, alternative, classical, shoegaze, punk, and pretty much everything except country (Johnny Cash rules though).

When did you leave Atlantic? I had several friends/acquaintances there from the early 90s til about 2002. I was at RCA from the mid 90s - early 2000s.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Classic rock. All the 70's stuff. But I was listening when that was the new stuff. Only more recent music I listen to is alt-country, Americana. None of the pop country stuff.

Reactions: egelband

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Specifically

David Bowie
Elvis Costello
Johnny Winter
Talking Heads
Clash
Four Tops
Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
Yes
AC DC
B52s
Devo (Just canceled Radio City)
BTO
Frank Zappa
Oingo Boingo
Pink Floyd
James Gang
The Pretenders
The Ventures

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Hard Rock just to name a few bands of many:

Bring me the Horizon
I Prevail
Shiendown
Motionless in white
Starset
Falling in reverse .
Linkin Park
Papa roach
Fever 333
Asking Alexandria
From ashes to new

Nice list. Crazy being a day 1 BMTH fan and seeing where they are now. They’re absolutely massive.

Add Enter Shikari and Dance Gavin Dance and we’d be pretty aligned!

Reactions: Taluss

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What is Alternative? I have heard if it but not really sure what it refers to. Is Pearl Jam considered alternative? I’d just put them in Rock.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Classic rock. All the 70's stuff. But I was listening when that was the new stuff. Only more recent music I listen to is alt-country, Americana. None of the pop country stuff.
I was thinking the same. I like Pop music but Pop music for me is probably more like Rock or Alternative for the purpose of this poll.

Not trying to nit pick. Maybe add an example with each option?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Punk ska reggae and old school rap. I saw New Found Glory and Less Than Jake tonight in Manhattan. Saw Dirty Heads, Rebelution, Green Day, Rise Against recently too

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
When did you leave Atlantic? I had several friends/acquaintances there from the early 90s til about 2002. I was at RCA from the mid 90s - early 2000s.

I started around 1986 and I left in 94, the day after the Rangers Parade. I met Robert Plant in my first week there which is one of those moments I'll never forget. I started out in the Royalties department as a temp (I have a copy of the Metallica contract - original signatures). I ended up working for the Executives, doing all kinds of things including picking up call girls for the CEO, running party favors, picking up and delivering lots of cash, buying guitars for Jimmy Page, babysitting Sebastian Bach's kid, etc. You name it. It was a lot of fun in those days.

What did you do at RCA?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad