OT: What's your Favorite Genre of Music?

What's Your Favorite Genre of Music?

• Rock

• Hip Hop

• Pop

• R&B

• Punk

• Metal

• EDM

• Classical

• Country

• Alternative

• Jazz

Results are only viewable after voting.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
For me it's Hip Hop AINEC. Favorite artist is Kanye, but I do listen to a pretty broad range of music. I also enjoy pop and R&B quite a bit, I like punk but more pop-punk kinda stuff like Good Charlotte, Blink 182, and the newer wave of trap rappers who are inspired by that early 2000's emo pop-punk sound. I even like country. The only genres I don't listen to are Metal and EDM without vocals. Cashmere Cat is my favorite EDM artist but most his songs have vocalists on it, I just can't really listen to music without vocals unless it's classical background music. I hate the really aggressive dubstep type of music without vocals. I love the 1940's style of music that they play at Disneyland. I'm also a weird person who listens to Christmas music all year round.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I'm metal, rock and pop (80s-2000s), and jazz in that order.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Jazz will always win with me.

Metal is great when you're in the gym or need to get pumped up/get ready to rip off a mother f***er's head.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hard Rock just to name a few bands of many:

Bring me the Horizon
I Prevail
Shiendown
Motionless in white
Starset
Falling in reverse .
Linkin Park
Papa roach
Fever 333
Asking Alexandria
From ashes to new

Reactions: ColonialsHockey10

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Yogi Berra explains Jazz.
Interviewer: Can you explain jazz?
Yogi: I can't, but I will. 90% of all jazz is half improvisation. The other half is the part people play while others are playing something they never played with anyone who played that part. So if you play the wrong part, its right. If you play the right part, it might be right if you play it wrong enough. But if you play it too right, it's wrong.
Interviewer: I don't understand.
Yogi: Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it.
Interviewer: Do you understand it?
Yogi: No. That's why I can explain it. If I understood it, I wouldn't know anything about it.
Interviewer: Are there any great jazz players alive today?
Yogi: No. All the great jazz players alive today are dead. Except for the ones that are still alive. But so many of them are dead, that the ones that are still alive are dying to be like the ones that are dead. Some would kill for it.
Interviewer: What is syncopation?
Yogi: That's when the note that you should hear now happens either before or after you hear it. In jazz, you don't hear notes when they happen because that would be some other type of music. Other types of music can be jazz, but only if they're the same as something different from those other kinds.
Interviewer: Now I really don't understand.
Yogi: I haven't taught you enough for you to not understand jazz that well.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
In general, I’d say rock but it runs the gamut of sounds and decades within the genre.

I like a fair amount of metal, specific types of country, particularly outlaw and ‘southern rock’ and some hip-hop, along with other odds and ends. I feel I’ve listened to less and less hip-hop the last few years. Very few artists still putting out enjoyable hip hop.

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Hard rock to metal, but it really depends on my mood. I can go from QOTSA to Slayer to Primus to Ghost to Royal Blood to Tool in an hour. Lately been a lot of Tool & Rammstein though.

(If wanna watch a rather mesmerizing drum performance, check this one out: )

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Blues, Blues-rock, Fillmore-era psychedelic bands, Soul, Funk, Reggae, Southern Soul, certain Punk and New Wave.
Really more by artist album or song then by Genre.
More recently groups like Tedeschi-Trucks and North Mississippi All-Stars.
90GB of tracks on mSD card in my phone

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Hard rock to metal, but it really depends on my mood. I can go from QOTSA to Slayer to Primus to Ghost to Royal Blood to Tool in an hour. Lately been a lot of Tool & Rammstein though.

(If wanna watch a rather mesmerizing drum performance, check this one out: )

One of if not the best drummer of all time

Reactions: UnSandvich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad