What's wrong with Kopitar?

zamo86*

Kopitar had 1G-4A in a 6-4 win over STL tonight. Maybe a turning point of the season for him.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
He was really good tonight. And Carter.

I can't believe Doughty played over 34 minutes

Kings top line was hot

Gaborik 2 goals 1 assist
Carter 1 goal 3 assists
Kopitar 1 goal 4 assists

Not surprised since Regher went down in the second period. He's been playing too much this season.

Last edited:

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Kings top line was hot

Gaborik 2 goals 2 assists
Carter 1 goal 3 assists
Kopitar 1 goal 4 assists

Not surprised since Regher went down in the second period. He's been playing too much this season.

Pretty sure they took an assist away from Gaborik to give it to Kopitar. 2 goals and 1 assist for Gabby.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Aside from the points, he LOOKED more alive tonight than he has all season (no undead jokes pls). That's a good sign.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
On paper, Gabby-Kopi-Carter should be a dominant line (obviously).

Kopitar and Carter don't seem to work together though. Tonight they did obviously but I still think carter is best at Center.

I think it's just Sutter trying to get them both going, which may have finally happened tonight.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Even if Kopi scored no points against the Blues, he was very noticable and had his best game of the year ( of the 5-6 that I watched this year) lets hope he's turned a corner.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anze Kopitar is back

I'm sure he didnt have many doubters in the first place, as this guy has been about as consistent as they come over the past number of years.

But he did have a slow start this year. Not anymore.

1G, 7A in his past two games, and the 2nd game isnt even over yet. He's been a part of every Kings goal the past two games, with the exception of one.

Great to see him back and firing on all cylinders. He's done some incredible things for hockey in Slovenia, and is one of the more classy guys in the league. Huge amount of respect for him, and now he's back playing at the level we all know he's capable of.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Hmmm, consider me blind then.

I literally scrolled through the first two pages to make sure a thread on Kopitar didn't already exist. I knew one was up about his struggles, but hadn't seen it anywhere on the first two pages so figured a new one wouldn't hurt.

Oh well, lock it up or merge it with the other thread works.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
no worries, it was just funny seeing "What's Wrong With Kopitar?" and "Anze Kopitar is back" right beside each other

DonKingKong

Dec 18, 2014
Kopi being Kopi.

The guy is and has been since he came into the league one of the top 10 centers. Nothing to see here really.

Kopi is one of the very best in the game today.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Kopitar has always been streaky
Every year there is a Kopitar thread and every year he turns it around.
Will this upswing last? No one knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad