What's the worst word/saying on this site

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
This is scaled relative to other defensemen.

so off the charts for dmen.

I'm pretty sure other dmen have had higher points per 60 in recent years. burns in 13/14 for instance. karlsson points have always been in part due to the minutes he plays.

perhaps they need to fix the y axis there too.

Reactions: Crow

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
"Hot Take"
Yeah, there are lots of "hot takes" but it just seems like such a tired and worn out buzz word. It used to be recency bias and now it is hot take. It's time to switch the term up, hot take is boring.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Haha I read through this whole thread to see if anyone said "this" and it's the two most recent posts. So dumb when people just write "this"

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
AINEC is the worst offender, even if it's becoming more infrequent now.

Generational is second.

Fully agree with the poster on the previous pages who says that the game hasn't changed that much in the last 15-20 years (almost 25 really). It's just that the majority of HF wasn't born yet when those games were being played.

Two terms mentioned here that I take issue with. Eye Test and Hockey IQ. Just because you don't understand them doesn't make them bad terms. A lot of people have actually been watching the game long enough, and watch enough different games around the league, to know what these are and how different players fit into them. Only the recent surge of kids who are into analytics (and don't actually watch many games) will refute these terms. They think that their charts (someone else's charts) are the complete answer. They even say advanced stats are better than watching a player because they don't like he way your eyes do lol

Nah, just try watching and learning instead of using your shiny new crutch. It takes time, and I guess kids now can't be bothered with anything that isn't instant.

And yes I sound like a crabby old dude. I'm fine with that even if I'm just barely out of the age group that could be called "kids"

Reactions: jimslob

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
AINEC is the worst offender, even if it's becoming more infrequent now.

Generational is second.

Fully agree with the poster on the previous pages who says that the game hasn't changed that much in the last 15-20 years (almost 25 really). It's just that the majority of HF wasn't born yet when those games were being played.

Two terms mentioned here that I take issue with. Eye Test and Hockey IQ. Just because you don't understand them doesn't make them bad terms. A lot of people have actually been watching the game long enough, and watch enough different games around the league, to know what these are and how different players fit into them. Only the recent surge of kids who are into analytics (and don't actually watch many games) will refute these terms. They think that their charts (someone else's charts) are the complete answer. They even say advanced stats are better than watching a player because they don't like he way your eyes do lol

Nah, just try watching and learning instead of using your shiny new crutch. It takes time, and I guess kids now can't be bothered with anything that isn't instant.

And yes I sound like a crabby old dude. I'm fine with that even if I'm just barely out of the age group that could be called "kids"

good points. the scary thing is the nhl is catering towards inexperienced and casual fans who don't even watch the games and seldom if ever pay money to attend.

the nhl will reap what they sow and get what they deserve, more and more hard core fans are getting fed up with being used and abused and are starting to do something about it by doing nothing.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
good points. the scary thing is the nhl is catering towards inexperienced and is catering towards inexperienced and casual fans

the nhl will reap what they sow and get what they deserve, more and more hard core fans are getting fed up with being used and abused and are starting to do something about it by doing nothing.

How do YOU know this? LOL!

And if the NHL is in fact "catering towards inexperienced and casual fans," so what? And once again how do you know that the NHL "is catering towards inexperienced and casual fans?" :confused:

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Compete level.

We used to have a word called 'competitiveness.' Also, 'competitive.' Not really a big words, you can tell just by looking. However, sounding illiterate has won the day.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
How do YOU know this? LOL!

And if the NHL is in fact "catering towards inexperienced and casual fans," so what? And once again how do you know that the NHL "is catering towards inexperienced and casual fans?" :confused:

ahh. just pay attention to what is going on. now if you don't agree that is fine, you are free to believe what you want to.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
#1)"You just lost all credibility"

- As if the person making the comment is the one to decide who is "credible" or not
- As if people care about their credibility on an anonymous online forum...

#2) HERO charts...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad