OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part II: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Having some ginger ale mixed with Jaloviina with some coworkers.

Feels drunk man

Reactions: gphr513

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Just figured out that Mosaic hops taste like stomach juice. You know, when once swallowed pukevomit is coming up again. Been trying to find a taste equivalent for awhile..

So, after several attempts, not my cup of tea. When mixed with other hops, sometimes it's ok though.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Summit put out a pack of IPAs, Wee, Saga, Experimental Hop, and Imperial. Hell of a nice 12 pack, in great packaging.

Beer outweighs the packaging in this case though....

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Just figured out that Mosaic hops taste like stomach juice. You know, when once swallowed pukevomit is coming up again. Been trying to find a taste equivalent for awhile..

So, after several attempts, not my cup of tea. When mixed with other hops, sometimes it's ok though.

In honor of this last night I had some Fulton mosaic IPA made for Game Informer. I didn't get the bile flavors or aroma, I usually get that with hops that get all grapefruity.

Reactions: W75

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Have you tasted Pyynikin Panimo Mosaic Lager? A great local beer I've tried.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland

Yeah, one of those I've tried. In my mouth tastes just acidic / grapefruity and lacks depth. While some describe Mosaic being complex and fruity.

Could be something in my sense of taste that just doesn't match. On the other hand hops like Centennial, Cascade, Citra, Simcoe etc. feels nice, tangy, floral and rich. Quite odd phenomenom though.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland

Hey, just found something! I've liked Fat Lizard's Ankle Slapper APA before, and it's actually single hopped Mosaic beer. Haven't realized it earlier. Bought a can, still tastes nice! So just need to keep trying different beers. What a shame :laugh:

Reactions: FVM

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
33cl-dubbel-combi-800x1204.png

Easter treat. I haven't had this in years, and man, this is even better than I remembered. Dates, plums, dark sweet malts, hints of spice lingering in the finish... 5/5. Exquisite.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Insight's Splendid Moose. Solid beer. Fantastic name.

Anchor's Nelson blend Brewer's Pale Ale was that bright grapefruit bile thing. It was like throwing up in a refreshing breeze on the sun.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Oooh, I'll have to try those Fulton barrel aged ones. Particularly that Imperial Russion Stout.

I have 2 more bottles of barrel aged Darkness from Surly aging in the wine fridge. Going to try it at 6 months and 1 year.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Fat Lizard Track Session IPA.

Holy f*** boys, so amazing.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Insight brews are on sale this month for 7.65 a 4 pack at my local liquor store - Brewery was founded by a local kid up in Minneapolis, and he makes 3 tasty IPAs - Splendid Moose, lower ABV, hazy in the style du jour; Dankbot, great flavor at 6.5%, and their original Troll Way, strongest of the lot, and probably my fave. Gonna have to buy many 4 packs to compare at this price.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Bad Weather Hopcromancer
Dog Fish Head 90 Minute IPA

Those are my favorites right now. Really liking the 21st Amendment Blood Orange IPA as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad