Value of: What would it take to unload the horrific, abysmal, terrible Price contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajinikanthfan1

rajinikanthfan1
Jun 25, 2006
North Delta
He sucks. Plain and simple he's just not a good goaltender.
Ive been defending Price for years and he had so many excuses for not playing well. He doesn't get enough rest or the the habs D sucks or he doesn't try because he knows the habs aren't going anywhere.

He's been awful for a few years now and I can count on two hands the amount of good saves he has made this season. Plain and simple he has 2 great saves the entire season and has let in about 15 softies that even AHL goaltenders could save.

He can't track a puck to save his life. A puck could go left and he will slide right. Every time he plays the puck it leads to the other team having a chance. If price is worth 10.5 then Markstrom should be making 100million a year and Jake Allen should be making around 80 million.

very nice joke Carey price is one of the best goalies in the NHL im sure this post is gonna close soon

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
His contract is a nightmare, no doubt; paying a 33 year old goalie $10.5 million until 2026 is pretty tough to move even to a tanking team given the sheer length of that term. Still, Price doesn't suck. If Montreal retains 50% of that salary, plenty of teams will pay a nice return for him, even if the back-end of that contract is painful even with the retention. Heck, I would love Price on Toronto for that "price", lol.

Lets not overreact here because he fell victim tonight to a scorching hot Auston Matthews. No goalie is likely to do much better right now.

Reactions: Cotton

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Actually my "team" was the team that just whopped that sad sack of pylons you call a team tonight, but nice try. Your "stab" was garbage plain and simple.

Talking about embarrassing and sad sack...

You lost to the Hens with a 4 goal lead. Last year, you lost to a Zamboni driver. The entire hockey world including non fans are still laughing over that.

Reactions: Runner77

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
According to HFBoards (January 2021) Price is the best goalie in the league so I'm sure teams would be lucky to trade for him. :sarcasm:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Actually my "team" was the team that just whopped that sad sack of pylons you call a team tonight, but nice try. Your "stab" was garbage plain and simple.
Whopped ? Wait till the playoffs and you don’t get those chintzy calls . Could have been 2 or 3 nothing in the first ten minutes for the Habs with a couple breaks . Wouldn’t get to cocky there yet

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
According to HFBoards (January 2021) Price is the best goalie in the league so I'm sure teams would be lucky to trade for him. :sarcasm:
No I think your referring to the annual poll of players who select who they think is the best . But what would the players really know , there only the ones shooting at the goalies .

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
He sucks. Plain and simple he's just not a good goaltender.
Ive been defending Price for years and he had so many excuses for not playing well. He doesn't get enough rest or the the habs D sucks or he doesn't try because he knows the habs aren't going anywhere.

He's been awful for a few years now and I can count on two hands the amount of good saves he has made this season. Plain and simple he has 2 great saves the entire season and has let in about 15 softies that even AHL goaltenders could save.

He can't track a puck to save his life. A puck could go left and he will slide right. Every time he plays the puck it leads to the other team having a chance. If price is worth 10.5 then Markstrom should be making 100million a year and Jake Allen should be making around 80 million.
Price's contract isn't a issue for Montreal.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
When the highest paid goalie in the league isn’t even top 20 in any goalie category, then you have a problem. I like Price, nothing against him personally, but he’s getting paid like he won Montreal a couple of cups. I just don’t get it.
Big difference between being overpaid and sucking.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Big difference between being overpaid and sucking.

Well, when people say things like he's still the best goalie in the league, then saying he sucks ain't that silly either. The truth is somewhere in between, but whatever.

Mtler in Toronto

Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
Overreaction thread. OP should go to bed.

Price in playoffs is where he shines. Team needs to Focus on playing better and make the playoffs. All together. Price isn’t going anywhere.

2013 playoffs say "hi"

Sub .500 record.

1 Conference Finals appearance in 14 years

Carey Price most certainly does not"shine" in the playoffs. Your statement simply isn't true.

A more appropriate statement is that Carey Price has struggled in the playoffs for most of his career.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
He doesn’t suck wtf lol
He does against the maple leafs. He can't stop Matthews if his life depended on it... unfortunately for the habs to go anywhere they will have ti beat the leafs and that seems like a distant dream.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Well, when people say things like he's still the best goalie in the league, then saying he sucks ain't that silly either. The truth is somewhere in between, but whatever.
They’re both silly comments. Best to not sink yourself to that level. But to each their own.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Honestly, the Flyers don't have the cap space to absorb him and even with sending salary back, it still wouldn't work. Thus, honestly there is nothing you could offer the Flyers for us to take on that cap hit. Even if you offered your 1st rnd pick for the next 10 years I think we say no. We'd lose too many key players from not having the cap space to resign them and we'd be stuck in constant "retool" mode to replace the players we lost each year.
So, the Flyers pass on helping you out no matter what you are offering

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I never said he sucks, so calm yourself.

Now I know why your name is shortfuze though. :D
You must be a teenager just trying to take digs at someone. Not sure how in anything I have said you think I was getting worked up. If I was anymore calm I’d be dead. Learn the difference.

oh and by the way I never said you think he sucks.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
You must be a teenager just trying to take digs at someone. Not sure how in anything I have said you think I was getting worked up. If I was anymore calm I’d be dead. Learn the difference.

What's this got to do with the topic of Price being overpaid?

You sure seem very mature. I'm in awe. :cool:

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
What's this got to do with the topic of Price being overpaid?

You sure seem very mature. I'm in awe. :cool:
It doesn’t have anything to do with price being overpaid. Just pointing out your little digs aren’t necessary. So if you’d like to get back on topic I’m ok with that. Or do you want to throw another dig my way?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Habs fans supplying the HFboards entertainment tonight.

Pens offer Matheson. Since Price is so terrible, Pens also get a 1st for taking the albatross contract.

One night it is leafs fans, the next one its the habs that take over. Can’t have one fanbase do all the hard work eh.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Not a Price hater but that contract was a mistake since day 1,if you can trade him you do it no hesitation

Seattle is the only option if MB wants to trade him

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
It doesn’t have anything to do with price being overpaid. Just pointing out your little digs aren’t necessary. So if you’d like to get back on topic I’m ok with that. Or do you want to throw another dig my way?

Maybe take your own advice: Best to not sink yourself to that level. But to each their own. :DD

Ok, back to the topic then. How about that Price. The best goalie in the world. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad