Value of: What would it take to unload the horrific, abysmal, terrible Price contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
He sucks. Plain and simple he's just not a good goaltender.
Ive been defending Price for years and he had so many excuses for not playing well. He doesn't get enough rest or the the habs D sucks or he doesn't try because he knows the habs aren't going anywhere.

He's been awful for a few years now and I can count on two hands the amount of good saves he has made this season. Plain and simple he has 2 great saves the entire season and has let in about 15 softies that even AHL goaltenders could save.

He can't track a puck to save his life. A puck could go left and he will slide right. Every time he plays the puck it leads to the other team having a chance. If price is worth 10.5 then Markstrom should be making 100million a year and Jake Allen should be making around 80 million.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
His numbers at 5v5 are pretty good:

0.921 sv%
1.93 GAA
0.61 GSAA
0.889 HDSV%

He's been absolutely woeful on the PK though:

0.815 sv%
11.87 GAA (that's not an error)
-2.37 GSAA
0.778 HDSV%

Maybe Montreal should just have Price play at 5v5 and stick Allen in net whenever they're shorthanded. :laugh:

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
OP is right, he sucks.

You can literally see he's ridding out his contract. Set for life for him, his kids and grandkids

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Habs fans supplying the HFboards entertainment tonight.

Pens offer Matheson. Since Price is so terrible, Pens also get a 1st for taking the albatross contract.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Habs fans supplying the HFboards entertainment tonight.

Pens offer Matheson. Since Price is so terrible, Pens also get a 1st for taking the albatross contract.

I would easily pay a 1st+ to get rid of that contract but that Matheson contract is even worst.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
He doesn’t suck wtf lol

When the highest paid goalie in the league isn’t even top 20 in any goalie category, then you have a problem. I like Price, nothing against him personally, but he’s getting paid like he won Montreal a couple of cups. I just don’t get it.

Reactions: crowi

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
When the highest paid goalie in the league isn’t even top 20 in any goalie category, then you have a problem. I like Price, nothing against him personally, but he’s getting paid like he won Montreal a couple of cups. I just don’t get it.
His contract sucks for sure.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
It'll be very hard to unload that. Just stick it out. He's a good goalie but your team defense isn't helping much tbh. Guys like Edmundson and Chiarot are not it.

I would say starts atleast at probably Caulfield, 1st round pick +.

Dont see Habs letting Price or Gally go. They'll be career Habs.

If Pri5e wasn't in net tonight, Leafs would've scored another 6 goals.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
He sucks. Plain and simple he's just not a good goaltender.
Ive been defending Price for years and he had so many excuses for not playing well. He doesn't get enough rest or the the habs D sucks or he doesn't try because he knows the habs aren't going anywhere.

He's been awful for a few years now and I can count on two hands the amount of good saves he has made this season. Plain and simple he has 2 great saves the entire season and has let in about 15 softies that even AHL goaltenders could save.

He can't track a puck to save his life. A puck could go left and he will slide right. Every time he plays the puck it leads to the other team having a chance. If price is worth 10.5 then Markstrom should be making 100million a year and Jake Allen should be making around 80 million.
I’m assume this isn’t your idea of a sales pitch and you’re just ranting.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad