Value of: What would it take to unload the horrific, abysmal, terrible Price contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
cause that's his contract?
honestly, he was overpaid the moment he signed that, but it feels like montreal felt like they had to overpay to keep him, and for some reason that was really important *shrug*

It just doesn't make any sense to overpay a goalie that is only good if the defense is also good. Well, maybe the owner has too much money and doesn't really care about winning. *shrug*

Anyway, he's severely overpaid and on the decline. Doubt anyone touches that contract, but there's some dumb GM's out there so maybe there's still a chance. :rolleyes:

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
He sucks. Plain and simple he's just not a good goaltender.
Ive been defending Price for years and he had so many excuses for not playing well. He doesn't get enough rest or the the habs D sucks or he doesn't try because he knows the habs aren't going anywhere.

He's been awful for a few years now and I can count on two hands the amount of good saves he has made this season. Plain and simple he has 2 great saves the entire season and has let in about 15 softies that even AHL goaltenders could save.

He can't track a puck to save his life. A puck could go left and he will slide right. Every time he plays the puck it leads to the other team having a chance. If price is worth 10.5 then Markstrom should be making 100million a year and Jake Allen should be making around 80 million.

You're trying to drum up interest in Price by listing the reasons why we shouldn't trade for him? Allow us to contain our excitement. He's going to retire with the Montreal toilet seat on his jersey, the sooner you accept it, the better.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'm sure Owners and GM's around the league are lining up in droves to take on a contract with $35 Million in signing bonuses.

Price is due a FAT $11 million bonus this July.
In this economy for owners. They would love that.
Ohh you didn't like the $11 million, well get ready to write another $7 million check the July after next.

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
I'll take a stab, Lucic + Rittich for Price at 8M + 1st in 23 + 1st 24

Well here it is folks, the most stupid thing you will see tonight.

How is the team giving up the best player also retaining salary, taking garbage players AND for the "privilege" of doing that giving up 2 firsts? Were you taking shots after every goal the oilers scored tonight because no one can be dumb enough to think this is an appropriate "stab".

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Reality sets in.

How long will it take until people realize, that this offseason MB completly destroyed any cap flexibility for the foreseeable future? The Habs are married to their current roster core or will pay deerly to unload contracts.

The best offseason in the NHL will quickly turn into the equivalent of the Price contract. And yes I know, I will get grilled now for expresseing my opinion.

Reactions: Mtler in Toronto

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Well here it is folks, the most stupid thing you will see tonight.

How is the team giving up the best player also retaining salary, taking garbage players AND for the "privilege" of doing that giving up 2 firsts? Were you taking shots after every goal the oilers scored tonight because no one can be dumb enough to think this is an appropriate "stab".

Oh no i took a "stab" at the awesome "selling" of the OP, so if you don't like it, then tell your fanbase to actually "sell" a player and not make them worse than they are, nice "stab" at a game that doesn't include your team,no worries though i wont take a"stab" at your team for one game :)

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
Oh no i took a "stab" at the awesome "selling" of the OP, so if you don't like it, then tell your fanbase to actually "sell" a player and not make them worse than they are, nice "stab" at a game that doesn't include your team,no worries though i wont take a"stab" at your team for one game :)

Actually my "team" was the team that just whopped that sad sack of pylons you call a team tonight, but nice try. Your "stab" was garbage plain and simple.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Reality sets in.

How long will it take until people realize, that this offseason MB completly destroyed any cap flexibility for the foreseeable future? The Habs are married to their current roster core or will pay deerly to unload contracts.

The best offseason in the NHL will quickly turn into the equivalent of the Price contract. And yes I know, I will get grilled now for expresseing my opinion.

This is a strange take in a thread about Price. I wasn't a huge believer at the time but virtually all of the Habs' acquisitions this past offseason have been home runs so far. If there's anything wrong with that roster, it's not Allen, Toffoli, and Anderson.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Wonder how long the Price defense: "defense in front of him sucks" goes on. Maybe one more year or so.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Overreaction thread. OP should go to bed.

Price in playoffs is where he shines. Team needs to Focus on playing better and make the playoffs. All together. Price isn’t going anywhere.
THIS . First period Montreal easily could have been up 2 or 3 nothing . A little bit of puck luck and it would have been our game . Last Saturday nite price was ok . Lol

we could use another defenseman (Ekholm,dumolin) and one more scorer/playmaker ( rakell/granlund) . No need for anyone to get their panties in a knot though .

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
This is a strange take in a thread about Price. I wasn't a huge believer at the time but virtually all of the Habs' acquisitions this past offseason have been home runs so far. If there's anything wrong with that roster, it's not Allen, Toffoli, and Anderson.
we are also talking about the length of the anderson contract, early extensions for gallagher, petry and allen, multiple nmc and ntc on the new contracts. i mean, if montreal wins a cup until 2023, the risk was well worth it. but actually i don't see it and they lack now the cap and roster flexibility to change it. if their farm system doesn't provide top 6 and top 4 help on elc's or cheap bridge deals, this will lead to the next rebuild without much success.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Price cqrried that team on his back fot mqny years when they looked like an ahl calibre lineup. thats why he got paid.

tail end of the contract signed that long never ends up satisfied
so he basically got or gets paid to keep montreal from picking at the top of the draft and having the cap space to build a true contender. :huh:

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Price cqrried that team on his back fot mqny years when they looked like an ahl calibre lineup. thats why he got paid.

tail end of the contract signed that long never ends up satisfied

He carried the team to absolutely nothing and got paid. That's some logic all right.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
we are also talking about the length of the anderson contract, early extensions for gallagher, petry and allen, multiple nmc and ntc on the new contracts. i mean, if montreal wins a cup until 2023, the risk was well worth it. but actually i don't see it and they lack now the cap and roster flexibility to change it. if their farm system doesn't provide top 6 and top 4 help on elc's or cheap bridge deals, this will lead to the next rebuild without much success.
Not as bad as you really paint the picture . Tatar is not gonna be resigned . Alzner buyout is reduced by two million . A loss in the expansion draft will be either 2.875 or 3.5 million . Weals contract is done . Plenty of prospects coming through soon on those cheap elc’s. Allen’s extension is less than his current deal by close to 1.5 million . Believe it or not the sky is not falling . Raises to Gallagher and petry is a total of 3.75 combined . Not a big deal really . Team is well equipped for playoff hockey . No need for you to troll up some bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad