Value of: What would give up to trade for McDavid?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
To Tampa: McDavid
To Edmonton: Stamkos, Killorn, Yzerman, one of my kidneys, Sustr & a 7th

Clearly need a replacement captain, Killorn to alleviate our cap hit, Yzerman nuff said, I can live with one kidney and Sustr for the laughs you'd have.

I'll go under the knife to see another cup. I can spell dedication with one kidney.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
McDavid is a very good player, but he's not head and shoulders above everyone else. You still need a team to win in this league. Giving up everything for one player probably means you'll be in the basement most of his prime career and it would be a waste.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Guessing it would take more then the lindross deal.

Would 5 1st rounders even get a sniff?

Look at your previous 5 1st round picks. What do you think?

Johansen, Samsonov, Vrana, Burakovsky, and Forsberg (Wilson also taken in the 1st in the 2012 draft).

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
They gave up about 9 NHL seasons.

bill-daly-oilers-win-lottery.jpg

Moorpheus*

|GERMAN/IDEALISM\
Apr 14, 2015
Matthews
1st
Kapanen
Nielson Or Dermott

Wouldnt be enough,but thats the best we could do. No point in adding Nylander or Marner or Rielly which just rapes us, even if McDavid is coming back.

Mashed Potatoes

Feb 14, 2015
So is Edmonton better of going into this playoff accepting Tarasenko + Pietrangelo swap or no? I think so

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
I really don't get why people can't use some very basic level logic to understand why the idea of a player being untradeable is a real thing.

What would it take to trade McDavid? Well, sure, some absolutely INSANE package like a franchise center, defensemen, goalie, 20 prospects and a billion 1st rounders would do it. But NO TEAM WOULD GIVE UP THAT PACKAGE. Therefore, the player is untradeable.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
how do you know it wasn't?

It wasn't a joke. You know why? Because all it takes is 3 words to clarify your post. "I was joking." And you still haven't said it.

Marner + 2 firsts for McDavid. LOL.

Own it and move on. It was a proposal that lacked all credibility.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
There would be another downtown riot in Edmonton if McDavid were to be traded for Matthews and Marner :laugh:

That would be a total rip off from the Leafs' POV. No one player is worth both a franchise centre (Matthews) and an elite first line winger (Marner). Not even a generational talent like McDavid.

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
Yes. That is what I meant. But you're kidding yourself if you think McDavid fetches all 3 of them. Matthews+one of them? Yes.

I wouldn't even do that.
You don't need mcdaivd to win a cup.
If Mather/nylander become elite winger...you lose that trade bad, really really bad
You need a 1C to win; Matthews will get there, so I'll take the extra top 6 player, all day, everyday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad