Value of: What would give up to trade for McDavid?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Literally nothing. There are no teams that would still be or become a contender after this trade due to the massive amount of assets it would require to procure him.

Dmv

Oct 23, 2016
Top Sixtito. But really, his potential ceiling is high enough that it would be worth it to gut your team. The kid's dragging a sub-mediocre team to the playoffs, he doesn't need much.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Yes. That is what I meant. But you're kidding yourself if you think McDavid fetches all 3 of them. Matthews+one of them? Yes.

I'm not even joking. If I'm the Oilers and Toronto calls to offer any 2 of those 3 I probably say "thanks for the offer but no thank you" and hang up.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
My left nut and an autographed Jarome Iginla rookie card. Could also hookup Chiarelli with some hair plugs and a sicccccck tattoo.

SovietWings

Feb 1, 2017
Pardubice
I would start with Mrazek + Mantha + Kronwall/Ericsson/Green. Than throw in some valuable bags of pucks.

League-wise, the obvious answer is Ryder, Halak and 2nd.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
While I would like McDavid on the Leafs I know that Edmonton would never trade him, so I would not think what players on their roster or amount of draft picks it would take.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So I was fiddling around with NHL16 trade manager and saw some interesting results in regards to what the Oilers accepted from each team to trade for Connor McDavid

What team do you support and what deal would you do to acquire McDavid straight up (no other assets), that the Oilers would likely accept?

Example:
Arizona Coyotes - Ekman-Larsson, Domi and/or Strome, and a 2017 1st rounder
Buffalo Sabres - Eichel, Ristolainen, (maybe Okposo) and a 2018 1st rounder

etc.

Coyotes do OEL, Strome, and a first and yell "no take backs!" and slam the phone down

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Yes. That is what I meant. But you're kidding yourself if you think McDavid fetches all 3 of them. Matthews+one of them? Yes.

Matthews + Marner seems like a deal that the Oilers wouldn't laugh at. The won't do it, but it's not terrible suggestion. Matthews and Nylander would need to add to even be considered.

Here's the thing, Matthews is probably the second most valuable young player in the league and Marner is probably top-10. Would the Leafs even consider doing Matthews + Marner? I doubt it.And anything less than that and the Oilers don't even bother reading the offer.

McDavid is almost untradable because he's so valuable.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Matthews has the number 2 selling jersey on NHL.com (McDavid number 5), I think he's popular enough

Swap the teams and McDavid instantaneously becomes the highest selling jersey in the NHL and the biggest money maker in the league.

It's not about Matthews, it's about the Leafs.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Even if the Oilers wanted to trade McDavid would they get more now or would they have got more had they traded the 1st overall pick in 2015 so another team would select him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad