What should be done?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory has looked like Lehtonen since we left Dallas.

But trading Cory for Lehtonen or Pavelsuck (I know they wouldn't be the main pieces to the trade) is ****ing horrific. I understand Hellebuyck but not Pavelsuck or Lehtonen's cremated remains.

Those guys are terrible, unless you wanna tank. Lehtonen has been finished for 3 years now, he's been abysmal for 3 years. Pavelec has never been any good, aside from one FLUKE season two years ago.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rask had a bad season last year, and bounced back to his usual self this year. Should Boston have just traded him away while he was slumping?

Even Rask's bad season wasn't even all that bad, only bad by his standards.

I think Cory will quite possibly finish with a .915-ish save percentage for the season. I think if he gets really hot and plays another 35-ish games, he can probably get it close to .920 or so.

He went on a tear late in 14-15, although it started a bit earlier than now.

If we're trading Cory for Lehtonen (Once again I realize Lehtonen wasn't the centerpiece in that deal and we'd just be taking him as a goalie back) you'll see how fast you want Cory back. You see how Cory has been this year? That's what Lehtonen has looked like for over 2 years now. Cory has only looked like that for 6 or 7 weeks.

Honka isn't a good enough prospect IMO to command Cory, while just giving up a pick (it MUST be a first right off the bat) and having to take back Lehtonen's long since cremated remains. I'm not saying that I think Kinkaid is a starter, but I think there's more than a reasonable chance that he'd be a better starter than Kari Lehtonen 2014-present. All you gotta do is watch Lehtonen to see how bad he is. The 1st period of game 7 vs the Blues last year sums up Lehtonen's last 3 years perfectly. But if you like tanking, Lehtonen might be the goalie for you. He's the main reason why they missed the playoffs in 2015 and frickin Ruff plays him so much, it will be costing them this year too.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Why does Kinkaid have a better winning percentage than Cory over the last few years? Smaller sample size says hello.

Not to mention generally easier competition and we've absolutely won more games in spite of Kinkaid than we've won with Cory. Just think back to last year's Nashville game in March. When Kinkaid allowed a couple bad goals and an absolute stinker with minutes left in regulation. We then tied it and won in OT. That's just one example of a game like that, as there's been quite a few.

Kinkaid probably has half as many wins when allowing 3 or more goals as Cory does in the last 3 years and Cory has played a bazillion more games.

Who was that guy in net last night? Couldn't have been Kinkaid because he only beats teams like Buffalo and Calgary, plus he's only played 50 something games in his career so why take him seriously.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Kink was nothing short of spectacular last night.

With that said, I have changed my mind and would start #35 on Saturday.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i would also start cory. we're giving the caps a lot of time to watch tapes and find a way to beat him. and if we show up on saturday with the effort we gave last night, KK is going to get shelled anyway

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
i would also start cory. we're giving the caps a lot of time to watch tapes and find a way to beat him. and if we show up on saturday with the effort we gave last night, KK is going to get shelled anyway

We were both right in our hunches.

I would send Wood and Lappin to Albany this week.

Recall Coleman to give him a taste of NHL hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad