What is your top indie game of all time?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Literally every critical voice I have ever heard talk about Destiny disagrees.

Pro-tip: don't try to talk in-depth about things you're unfamiliar with. At least Share admits ahead of time when he's ignorant about something.

I spent a lot of time playing Destiny and all of Bungie's other games so I wouldn't say I'm unfamiliar with it. I just wish I got back the time I put into Destiny.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Literally every critical voice I have ever heard talk about Destiny disagrees.

Pro-tip: don't try to talk in-depth about things you're unfamiliar with. At least Share admits ahead of time when he's ignorant about something.
For the record, I've seen God of War played through, so I'm familiar with how it looks. I just haven't played it myself, so I can't speak to the quality of the gameplay. I think it looks "good", technically impressive if you must, and better than most other AAA games-- I wouldn't call it ugly or lazy or anything, but some games I just love to look at and doing so fills me with an instinctive awe and love for aesthetic, style, and artistry, and it didn't do anything close to that for me.

There is no real distinct "art style" to God of War, at least not in the sense that I'm thinking. The models have a typical action-game style/realism, the way the camera frames things isn't all that cool/interesting, the UI is generic, the way lighting is used makes everything look very videogame-y, etc. The scenery is beautiful in an expected ambitious sight-seeing/colorful fantasy kind of way and the monsters/costumes/architecture are well designed and it looks "cinematic" in the way that movies are, but that's not really what I'm referring to.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad