Speculation: What is the missing move this summer?

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Matt Cullen's decision.

We're all waiting with baited breath.
Not sure what the sarcasm level in your post, but I actually kind of am. Sounds like he is waiting for an offer/negotiating with Minnesota and Pittsburgh. Wild could actually use him as a good #4C/PK guy. He has shown he still has plenty of hockey left. Not sure what our GM is holding out for. He says he doesn't want to tie up money, in case a trade can be made. Cully will likely sign for <$1M, fills a need for us & I'm sure he would love to finish his career at home. Not exactly a contract that will make or break our roster flexibility. Get on it Fletcher. He'll make us better for a bargain price.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I thought the Sharks were going to sign a backup, but I guess we're going to see how Dell will do

I guess there's still more time, but I wanted someone with experience behind Jones. Who knows, maybe Dell will impress

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
Flames have done most of what was expected.

Addressed the goaltending issue
Added a top 6 RW.

All that is really left is the re-signing of Monahan/Gaudreau.

oilers84

Jun 24, 2009
All that is left is edm adding a top 4 pm d man or a potential top 4 pm d man if they can bribe that out of a team

Mad Brills*

yeah, the bishop domino seems to be one that should happen, even after vasy's 3 year deal

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Seems like the Avs are due for a move. That team needs a bit of a shakeup and they have the young players to make big moves.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Sounds like just about every team "isn't done making moves" yet we're at the point in the year where very little happens between now and training camp.

I also expect Minnesota to swap out one of their young defenders - Spurgeon/Scandella/Dumba/Brodin for offensive help.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I am still expecting toronto to move some pieces for another nhl quality defenceman. Hopefully Lou pulls something off with car or min, that'd be nice.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Surprised NYR haven't made any moves. Not surprised that they haven't been able to get the returns they wanted. Just surprised they didn't make one out of desperation of stupidity.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Edmonton picking up a RH defenceman is still a move on the clock. Though there's a lot of potential fits there.

Barrie, Shattenkirk, Wideman, Wisniewski, and Boyle could all find a new home by the start of the season.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Edmonton picking up a RH defenceman is still a move on the clock. Though there's a lot of potential fits there.

Barrie, Shattenkirk, Wideman, Wisniewski, and Boyle could all find a new home by the start of the season.

Boyle is likely retiring.

1 year too late.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I'm certain that Anaheim has trade options on the table, but they can't pick the right one for them till they sign their major RFAs. I think signing Lindholm and Rakell are the dominoes, and I doubt that the free agent market figures into their plans much at this point.

I suspect that Ken Holland's remarks about waiting for a defenseman to become available around the start of preseason was referencing that - since the pressure to sign begins to mount as the start of the season closes in.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Matt Cullen's decision.

We're all waiting with baited breath.

Actually, it's not Cullen's decision to make, but the GM's of the Pens and Wild. I think he wants to go to one of those two, and cost isn't a big factor. Don't really understand the holdup....apparently Fletcher wants flexibility in order to make a trade...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad