Speculation: What is the missing move this summer?

PSGJ

May 19, 2012
Sweden
What is the missing move? Which team did you expect to address a certain need either through trade or free agency? Which player is still on a team where you expected the team to get rid of him?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Anaheim doesn't look healthy from a cap perspective. They'll have to make a move.

ForSpareParts*

Toronto isn't done. I expect a couple of trades, demotions, and a back-up goalie being signed.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ducks moving a dman? Shattenkirk being dealt?.. those two I figured woulda happened by now

Mad Brills*

Anaheim not doing much.

Really thought they'd trade a dman to help their top 6.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Edmonton still has not picked up a puck moving RHD.

This move will start the Domino's falling IMO.

Shattenkirk, Russell, Trouba and Barrie are all floating out there, so it remains to be seen what happens with them and Edm will overpay to fill needs as shown by the Larsson deal. People will say it was to much, but the truth is Edm can't even afford to keep what they have left now if they get competitive let alone adding Hall to the mix. High Draft picks equal expensive contracts.

My feeling is Edmonton will send Nurse and an unprotected 2017 1st to Winnipeg for Trouba.
This is real value as Nurse while not a good as Trouba now would be a force on the left side for Winnipeg in the future. It also allows them to protect Myers. The first could be top 10. IT also keep payroll in line short term as Trouba will likely cost 6 million.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I would have thought Boston would have acquired top 4 D (preferably a RD) by now. Going into the season with that D is painful.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
In all honesty, as much as I'd hate it, I expected the Avs to trade Varlamov.

A lot of non Avs fans expected Duchene to be moved for whatever fabricated reason. Seems Sakic is smarter than that.

I expected Subban to be an Oiler, still angry he's in the division now.

I thought the Oilers would trade RNH or Eberle as well.

I think we still see another blockbuster trade before the season starts.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yakupov is supposed to be moving. Haven't seen that yet.

I'm still waiting for Nash to be traded.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
for the Devils, acquiring another legit top 4 DMan

if they can do that without giving up anything substantial, they will be in the playoffs this year IMO

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The habs still hasnt trade to get subban back!:sarcasm:

probably gonna happen too. Subban to Montreal for Weber+3rd. In the end, Montreal pays a 3rd to have Nashville void his NTC for them.

Is a trade like that allowed? :laugh:

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
Price is .................???

My feeling is Edmonton will send Nurse and an unprotected 2017 1st to Winnipeg for Trouba.
This is real value as Nurse while not a good as Trouba now would be a force on the left side for Winnipeg in the future. It also allows them to protect Myers. The first could be top 10. IT also keep payroll in line short term as Trouba will likely cost 6 million.

Price is way too high.............Nurse for Trouba is too high.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Edmonton still has not picked up a puck moving RHD.

This move will start the Domino's falling IMO.

Shattenkirk, Russell, Trouba and Barrie are all floating out there, so it remains to be seen what happens with them and Edm will overpay to fill needs as shown by the Larsson deal. People will say it was to much, but the truth is Edm can't even afford to keep what they have left now if they get competitive let alone adding Hall to the mix. High Draft picks equal expensive contracts.

But that still leaves Edmonton without a top offensive Dman. That is what they need. Trouba is not that. While Larsson is a top notch defensive Dman he is also a very good "puck mover". They need a Shattenkirk (who won't resign there), or a Barrie (who will cost too much to acquire/sign).

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
But that still leaves Edmonton without a top offensive Dman. That is what they need. Trouba is not that. While Larsson is a top notch defensive Dman he is also a very good "puck mover". They need a Shattenkirk (who won't resign there), or a Barrie (who will cost too much to acquire/sign).

Well we can't give you a Barrie or Shattenkirk but we do have a Franson and he'll cost way less than Nurse.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Nashville replacing Ribeiro, LA unloading one of their older forwards somehow and Dallas upgrading their defense and or goaltending.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
We're desperate for wingers, we have an excess of d-men, but we can't sign anyone big because we still need to sign Lindholm and Rakell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad