What is Peyton Krebs?

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
When asked if he was a healthy scratch Granato said no. Yet we know he was scratched. I hope he is healthy as I dont remember him getting injured.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
South Buffalo rumors would be (UFA) Patrick Kane ?

what would that have to do with Krebs ?

edit - just reading the Kane rumors in the other thread, maybe need the roster spot ?
thats my guess and his poor play recently, no upside, etc. I guess we will find out soon

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
South Buffalo rumors would be (UFA) Patrick Kane ?

what would that have to do with Krebs ?

edit - just reading the Kane rumors in the other thread, maybe need the roster spot ?
If it were about the roster spot, that is no reason for him not to play last night. They wouldn't need that spot until they sign someone.

If it were an injury then why wouldn't they say so? They're already vague enough about "lower body" or "upper body" injuries so it makes no sense to be be vague. All that does is cause rumor that helps nobody.

My guess..... a family issue or something along that lines. That's a concept that is private enough that the team didn't feel comfortable commenting publicly.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
To me the question has never been "what is Peyton Krebs?" but "why is Peyton Krebs?" Never seen it with him. Ineffectual is the word.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Whatever he is, or might have become, his trade value is probably at an all-time low.

Trade him now to free up a spot to ruin Rosen.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
His career highlight (to us, not to him) has to be "fought Sidney Crosby in a preseason game," right? lmao. hang a banner

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
It's been a disappointing year for Krebs to be sure. Much like the entire team. It is clear they have assigned him to a checking / 4th line role. I can't say he has looked this year like someone who should be playing higher in the line-up, but I am disappointed he has not gotten any opportunity to do so. There were times in the past two years where his passing looked elite and you see occasional glimpses of it now. I've got no issue with his line-mates this season (Girgs, Okposo, Robinson), but it would have been nice when Quinn and others were out to see Krebs get a chance higher up.

Also, for what it is worth, at 2 weeks short of his 23rd birthday Krebs is averaging .316 points per game in his career. At the same age, Mittelstadt was at .339 and Thompson .299.

Maybe it is for another thread, but I am convinced we are too young to be consistently good. We needed to add a couple of forwards like Kerfoot and Zucker and a veteran goalie to our lineup this off-season instead of going with an 18 year old winger and a 21 year old in net. The problem is, after 12/13 years of missing the playoffs and getting so close last year, fans are understandably unprepared to be patient. Krebs will be a player in the NHL. It might take until he is 25-26 and it may likely at this point be in a bottom 6 role. We likely won't have the patience for it though.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I still think there is something there but not sending him to ahl two years ago sucks.
Putting him into the top 9 next year is like starting the season with a handicap and on the 4th line he'll wither away.
He looked his best in a long while playing with Benson and Peterka. He still makes bad decisions with the puck but I too think he still has something.

I find it interesting that after Adams presser, it sounds like he and Donny aren't on the same page when it comes to Krebs. Adams see's Krebs as a long term player but Donny keeps burying him on the 4th line..

The rest of the season is Krebs big audition for landing the 3C roll for the future. That is if Donny actually lets him audition..

Last edited:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
He looked his best in a long while playing with Benson and Peterka. He still makes bad decisions with the puck but I too think he still have to something.

I find it interesting that after Adams presser, it sounds like he and Donny aren't on the same page when it comes to Krebs. Adams see's Krebs as a long term player but Donny keeps burying him on the 4th line..

The rest of the season is Krebs big audition for landing the 3C roll for the future. That is if Donny actually lets him audition..
He's no Tyson Jost that's for sure🤪

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
It's unfortunate he didn't really take a step this year. He'll all but certain to stick around the league for a few more years baring injury, since he's established himself as an adequate makeweight.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
The hope is that Adams sees Donny as buried to the unemployment line soon..

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad