Speculation: What is Columbus up too?

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Probably not but Chris Tanev? Tortorella liked him during his time in Vancouver right? Seems like a Tortorella type player. Good veteran to add to a young team. Pens interested right? Prevent him from going to a divisional rival. I like Tanev but if he's a target, I would have kept Murray. One injury prone d-men for another.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Savard to Ottawa makes a ton of sense as he is from Quebec and the Sens could use the stability on the back end. They also have a ton of prospects to spare.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Jackets will sign Krug because they identify the Bruins as their biggest rival, and so it works as both helping their own team and hurting the B's.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Is Jarmo gonna OS someone?
Who knows what he's thinking. A week ago he said he thought about offer sheets(last year rumored to be willing to offer sheet Marner but to give up all those assets, wanted 7 years while Marner's camp wanted 4 years(or whatever years it takes him to ufa). But he also said you have to very careful when it comes to offer sheets.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Watching what Jarmo does has become must-watch TV the last few years. Guy has a pair of cast iron swingers and just does everything to the extreme. Sells the farm to load up one year and the next he's throwing guys overboard to shed cap. I'm legit excited to see what the madman is planning to do with this cap space.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
They have 14M+ in cap and 20M with Dubinsky on LTIR. They have only 4 players to sign, so I do think they are up to something
They may not want to use LTIR. If you don't NEED to use it, there's a benefit in not using it.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Really interesting interview with one of our pro scouts. Me thinks Jarmo and Co. know their butts are on the line and they need to have a Cup contending team assembled for the next two years...or at least that’s what I deduced from the commentary between the 6-8 minute mark.

Reactions: Dumais and Monk

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
What if Pietrangelo, Hoffman, Toffoli, Granlund, Krug, etc dont want to sign in Columbus?

That mean they likely offer sheet Sergachev and Barzal? Giving them 7 x 8 each. If they really want to shake things up they do that instead. Sergachev with Werenski and Seth Jones would be a great top 3. Barzal obviously becomes their top Center. Allowing Dubois to move to 2C. Id rather grab those 2 over the options in UFA anyway.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
What if Pietrangelo, Hoffman, Toffoli, Granlund, Krug, etc dont want to sign in Columbus?

That mean they likely offer sheet Sergachev and Barzal? Giving them 7 x 8 each. If they really want to shake things up they do that instead. Sergachev with Werenski and Seth Jones would be a great top 3. Barzal obviously becomes their top Center. Allowing Dubois to move to 2C. Id rather grab those 2 over the options in UFA anyway.

How many 1st rnd picks does CBJ have? lol
I love dreamers like you. Hilarious

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
If there’s a year for Cbus to go after a big name, it’s this one because the hot shot destination teams in warm climates, big cities, or state tax free states are strapped.

If they manage to nab Hall by some miracle, they could’ve just gone from pretender to contender without losing a top six forward, top four D, either goalie, any prospects, or a single draft pick.

I think Savard is safe now. The top 4 D is still excellent, but there’s a glut at wing now, so more moves may have to be made just so NHL caliber guys aren’t sitting in the press box.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am fairly certain they want to take a run at Hall but I am also fairly certain he won't even entertain the idea.

I wish he would. I don't like the idea of the NHL being NBA like in the sense that guys will only sign long term deals in the New York's and LA's of the world (and Canadian markets of course).
He is an idiot if he doesnt. I get the other moves but dont understand shopping Savard.

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
I love that no one, including the experts, have no idea what he is up to. Makes it fun to see what actually happens. Jarmo has always made moves to improve, so I have confidence. He's going after big game and that's refreshing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad