Speculation: What is Columbus up too?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Trading Murray and nutivaara for peanuts and shopping Savard. They are clearly making space for UFA:s. So, what players do they target?

Taylor Hall

Mikael Granlund

Torey Krug

Pietrangelo

Of theese 4, I`d say Granlund would be cheapest and is a columbus-like player, with defensive awareness. Also Jarmo connection is there. Pietrangelo is the least likely and with dealing so many D:s, I could imagine they would offer Krug a contract. Taylor Hall is also possible, but Colorado is more probable to get him if he is all about winning.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Dumping salary because owner is hurting financially .

Offer sheeting Barzal.

No need to go after D, even with the trades they got depth for days back there.

Reactions: Morrison

DOCHockeyGuy

Jan 8, 2019
Wisconsin
I am fairly certain they want to take a run at Hall but I am also fairly certain he won't even entertain the idea.

I wish he would. I don't like the idea of the NHL being NBA like in the sense that guys will only sign long term deals in the New York's and LA's of the world (and Canadian markets of course).

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Granlund seems plausible especially considering they just let go of Wennberg.

Just hoping for CBJ fans' sake that they actually have something cooking and this is not just the owner cutting salary.

Granlund is listed as a C, but is a lot better at wing. I`d try him with Domi on the 2nd line. I wouldnt expect them to start cutting salary, when they finally have a team could start contending. They have the D for it and pretty good forwards. They just miss 1-3 impact players to succeed. If they now start cutting salary, they will have a hard time keeping their fans.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
The most likely thing IMO = they want to get PLD locked up long term 8 years because...well, they're sick of losing their star players. So maybe it's not something super sexy after he gets a humongous pay day.

They have 14M+ in cap and 20M with Dubinsky on LTIR. They have only 4 players to sign, so I do think they are up to something

Reactions: CanuckCity

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
If someone told me yesterday we might be signing Pietrangelo, I probably would have checked myself into a looney bin.

Reactions: voxel

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Dumping salary because owner is hurting financially .

Offer sheeting Barzal.

No need to go after D, even with the trades they got depth for days back there.
I would cry of laughter if they had the balls to offer sheet Barzal or Sergachev. That would f*** so much shit up. Would be excellent drama with Lou, etc. First, he loses Pyjamas, and then he's about to lose Barzal hahahaha. But then I'd low-key feel really sad for NYI - they're, strangely enough, not a very desirable destination.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sounds like there about to sign Krug, Hall, Markstrom, Toffoli, Tanev and Brandon Prust

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
There are also a chance they could go after Haula for 3rd C option instead of Wennberg. Sami Vatanen could also be an option on D. Haula for 3x 3M would be an ok gamble

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I'm gonna say Hoffman and Krug

Or Hall

I dont see a need for Hoffman. I think Haula, Granlund and Krug would be the best fits here. Pietrangelo would be a pipe-dream and Hall is probably also.

Haula 3 x 3M

Granlund 4 x 4,5M He wants stability...

Krug 6 x 7M

Make it happen Jarmo!

Texier - PLD - Atkinson
Granlund - Domi - Björkstrand
Nyqvist - Haula - Nash
Foligno - Jenner - Bemström

Jones - Krug
Werenski - Savard
Gavrikov - Doesntmatter

Mertz
Korpi

Looks pretty good to me.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Is the Marner to Columbus thing completely dead? Marner for Savard++ would be fun.
There is no + Columbus would reasonably offer that would make Toronto do that.
You won’t trade Jones. You won’t trade Werenski or PLD and they don’t really fit on Toronto.
And bunch of lesser assets and a middle paring Dman aren’t going to get you Marner.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad