Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
Thats what I'm thinking too.
If true then he should have been sitting and healing. I could never understand when a player is obviously not playing to standard and then you hear they were injured. I think playing does more harm than good both for the players health and for the overall effect on the game.

Reactions: hn777

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
PLD has a nagging LBI, and so is a game time decision for LA.

Maybe this is a bit "tinfoil hatty" but Friedman tweeted this:

I wonder if the Jets are floating Dubois out there in the trade market and using the injury as a cover so that if the Jets can't find an appropriate partner & the trade doesn't go down, everyone can still save face without it being a circus. If I wanted to stealthily move PLD while hedging against the possibility that he may not get moved that's what I'd do.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

I wonder if the Jets are floating Dubois out there in the trade market and using the injury as a cover so that if the Jets can't find an appropriate partner & the trade doesn't go down, everyone can still save face without it being a circus. If I wanted to stealthily move PLD while hedging against the possibility that he may not get moved that's what I'd do.

yeah, this ain't it...

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Friedman hinted/wondered the same thing I've been saying about this summer being potentially a chance to start a rebuild/restructure with a few core guys with one more year team control only left. Going to be a fun and interesting summer as a Jets fan no matter what happens.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

They aren't looking to move Dubois right now.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Trade him at the TD next season.
GMs are mucho loco at this time of the year.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I am now in favor of considering moving him at the deadline for futures looking at the insane packages being offered for guys like Jeannot. I'd rather get this saga over with and move on if Chevy gets a good offer.

Glad you're not the GM... absolutely the type of move that sets the franchise back 3-4 years. Many teams have let their key UFAs walk to Free Agency and it has almost never worked out well... esp not for small market teams. Ask Nashville, Columbus, Calgary if walking Suter, Duchene, Panarin and Gaudreau to UFA status was worth it.
Loser talk.

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
Friedman hinted/wondered the same thing I've been saying about this summer being potentially a chance to start a rebuild/restructure with a few core guys with one more year team control only left. Going to be a fun and interesting summer as a Jets fan no matter what happens.
I thought last summer was going to be fun but it was awful waiting for Trotz to decide and then no improvement on the player front either.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I have always said this and now it's been somewhat confirmed for me- PLD doesn't have the natural talent to be a top line center, he relies on his work-rate and physical gifts to put up his points. And when his work-rate isn't there he can't do much. The same happened last season and this season- he starts the season out like launched out of a cannon and then drops off in the 2nd half. Whether it is because he can't sustain that level of work over the course of the season or the physical toll catches up with him, it seems that he has a difficult time sustaining that night in and night out.

This is different from guys like Scheifele and Connor who many times esp last season feel like they are just out there for a casual skate and end the night with 2 points. Contrast this with PLD who I feel has to scratch, claw and take punishment for every point. This also makes me think that this is the type of player who may have a Ladd/Lucic like aging curve who rely so much on their physical gifts that once it falls off a bit they are no longer effective.

He has got to go this summer. I actually think that if he goes to MTL he is in for a tough time as that fanbase and media is gonna eat him alive. There will be a honeymoon period for sure at the beginning but eventually the PLD we see so often in the 2nd half of the season and the PLD that Torts used to rail against is gonna come out and the local media/rabid fans are gonna feast on him.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Plays like he’s already booked his flight to MTL years in advance to save on the price.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Plays like he’s already booked his flight to MTL years in advance to save on the price.
Not true at all.

He's been really good this year outside his last couple of games where it seems he was injured.

Bias at its best

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad