• M. Geekie 4g 5 a 45% fo 18 gp

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A. Henrique 7g 6a 54% fo 25 gp

• M. Domi 9g 10 a 58% fo 24 gp

• J. Kokomiami 2g 3a 53% fo 25 gp

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other: Post name (Strome1 or Strome2?)

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
so the solution is getting an underperforming asset that we hope can turn it around instead of keeping our under performing asset that could turn in around?
why-not-both-why-not.gif

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
That's why I mentioned elsewhere a Trocheck-like move is the one to watch for: distressed asset, likely coming off injury, multiple contract years left, team trying to unload him for pennies on the dollar.

The only reason Boeser doesn't scream perfect fit is the cap hit.
I think there is a bit of difference between Boeser and Nino or Tro. Yes they had had down years but I dont think Boeser has ever been thought of as highly as either Nino or Tro. I was blown away they pulled a Rask for Nino trade. When they made the move for Tro I think they gave up more then they can affoord this time around. Maybe who knows but I think the situations are too far off to say it could happen the same way.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I think there is a bit of difference between Boeser and Nino or Tro. Yes they had had down years but I dont think Boeser has ever been thought of as highly as either Nino or Tro. I was blown away they pulled a Rask for Nino trade. When they made the move for Tro I think they gave up more then they can affoord this time around. Maybe who knows but I think the situations are too far off to say it could happen the same way.
Boeser has 45+ points in all of his 5 full seasons, something Nino has done twice in his 12 year career. He is MUCH better than Nino.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
The only reason Boeser doesn't scream perfect fit is the cap hit.
this would be a great rap about hats. but honestly, I like boeser. I think he needs a different role and to really be held to his defensive work. this is the benefit of having a coach like Rod and the same reason I would justify an inexpensive flier on a similar player in laine, we have a team culture built on hard work and leadership by example. we could surround that talent with guys who would embarrass him into better defensive effort by being more skilled than him and also harder working. I have been hoping for us to take on a case like that for some time. we dominate pace of play but we have to align everything just right to get the offense clicking. we don't have enough guys who can get us a quick one in a game we're being outplayed in.

I wonder what we'd have to add to get somebody to take KK on. probably morrow or boom. I think it would be wise to try to sell him to a western conference team that doesn't see him often. if we could offset salary and add boeser and patches that would be one hell of a forward group. they'd be too smart to take that unfortunately.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I agree. They have to much invested in him ego wise and again once the cap goes up his contract will actually be a good one. A little bit of a burn now for a reward later.

Edit to add: KoKo is the Borg playing the long game, his contract is high now but not really by that much, if he develops like they think its a huge win, if not his pay seasons 3 on of his contract will be a good one and if he doesn't getting rid of him is easy.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
KK obviously isn’t ready to fill that 2C slot yet. We can all see that. As well as he is playing defensively and good on the draws, we aren’t winning the cup with him as our 2C. That is obviously the goal this year so I think we are going to have to make a deal.

Toews I think has some life left in him and is a Rod type of player. Could see Monahan as well but his injury history is scary.

Not saying KK is done and ever going to become a 2C, but right now at this time we need more from that spot if we are serious about a cup run.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
this would be a great rap about hats. but honestly, I like boeser. I think he needs a different role and to really be held to his defensive work. this is the benefit of having a coach like Rod and the same reason I would justify an inexpensive flier on a similar player in laine, we have a team culture built on hard work and leadership by example. we could surround that talent with guys who would embarrass him into better defensive effort by being more skilled than him and also harder working. I have been hoping for us to take on a case like that for some time. we dominate pace of play but we have to align everything just right to get the offense clicking. we don't have enough guys who can get us a quick one in a game we're being outplayed in.

I wonder what we'd have to add to get somebody to take KK on. probably morrow or boom. I think it would be wise to try to sell him to a western conference team that doesn't see him often. if we could offset salary and add boeser and patches that would be one hell of a forward group. they'd be too smart to take that unfortunately.
Exactly this.

I'm surprised some of us here think Boeser is an also-ran but Nino and Trocheck set the world on fire. I think Brock is the most skilled forward of the three. To balance that, he's the worst defensively.

He's the type of reclamation project who could really thrive here, demand a higher salary, and then peace. He's only 25. The only thing I don't love about it is his 3 year term because we fall off a cliff 2 years from now. We could still probably make it work but it might be at the cost of losing a Pesce.

In short, I love the idea, but I'm not sure it will be worth the risk. I really wish he signed for 2 years.

Reactions: Vagrant

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Exactly this.

I'm surprised some of us here think Boeser is an also-ran but Nino and Trocheck set the world on fire. I think Brock is the most skilled forward of the three. To balance that, he's the worst defensively.

He's the type of reclamation project who could really thrive here, demand a higher salary, and then peace. He's only 25. The only thing I don't love about it is his 3 year term because we fall off a cliff 2 years from now. We could still probably make it work but it might be at the cost of losing a Pesce.

In short, I love the idea, but I'm not sure it will be worth the risk. I really wish he signed for 2 years.
I think that's the problem. Do we think RBA is going to allow the "skill" to show through if he's not good enough defensively (and he's not a great skater)? He's got a great shot and this team could use that type of talent, but the question would be "will" they use it.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Columbus isn’t giving away Laine.

We aren’t adding to Kotkaniemi to get rid of him. 1. His buyout is super cheap. 2. He isn’t bad.
You think someone would take that contract without us adding something?!?

Impressive. Tell me more. Please don’t say his buyout is cheap again, that’s our rationale amongst ourselves….you can’t expect anyone else to actually buy into that one.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
You think someone would take that contract without us adding something?!?

Impressive. Tell me more. Please don’t say his buyout is cheap again, that’s our rationale amongst ourselves….you can’t expect anyone else to actually buy into that one.
Why would we add something nice to get rid of him when his buyout will be less than 1% of the cap?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Why would we add something nice to get rid of him when his buyout will be less than 1% of the cap?
Why would anyone trade for someone they would buy out at all? If it’s even on the table why would they do it? He’s not a desirable player for acquisition, and he has so many years left on the contract. It’s a cap problem in a world where everyone makes everyone pay to take a cap problem. We’d have to be taking back a bad contract or paying them to take him because that’s the cost of business right now. No one takes on that contract with the reasoning they can buy it out, not without taxing us.

He has two goals playing with studs. This is our problem to deal with, I don’t see anyone raising their hands to help us unless we make them an offer they can’t say no to. We’re biting the bullet here.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Why would anyone trade for someone they would buy out at all? If it’s even on the table why would they do it? He’s not a desirable player for acquisition, and he has so many years left on the contract. It’s a cap problem in a world where everyone makes everyone pay to take a cap problem. We’d have to be taking back a bad contract or paying them to take him because that’s the cost of business right now. No one takes on that contract with the reasoning they can buy it out, not without taxing us.

He has two goals playing with studs. This is our problem to deal with, I don’t see anyone raising their hands to help us unless we make them an offer they can’t say no to. We’re biting the bullet here.
when did I say we were trading him? And we wouldnt use the buyout reason for someone to take him. We wouldnt trade him with a good sweetener knowing that the buyout is minimal. just keep the sweetener and eat his less than 1% cap hit for however long.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad