• M. Geekie 4g 5 a 45% fo 18 gp

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A. Henrique 7g 6a 54% fo 25 gp

• M. Domi 9g 10 a 58% fo 24 gp

• J. Kokomiami 2g 3a 53% fo 25 gp

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other: Post name (Strome1 or Strome2?)

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
If you wanted to maximize the short term which of these 2cs would you rather play this season to contend with the rest of the roster makeup in mind. We already have a shutdown 3c and this person gets to play between Nachos and Svech.

Some of these guys were had for cheap as FA and in Monahan's case a team was paid to take him.

Vote your top 3 and DISCUSS!!

((this is not a trade value thread. just a which of these low value players would you rather have at 2c this year between Necas and Svech))
Kotkaniemi?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Toews could be viable with double retention. Before I’m told that he sucks, sometimes a change of scenery can squeeze out one last run from a player. Marian Gaborik was on a downward trend, but made a huge impact for the 2014 Kings, as an example.
He's been better this season. If they can launder and pull it off, it'd be interesting, and probably a guy Rod would be interested in.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Double retention is going to be well outside the pay range of the canes for any acquisition.

Edit: Disregard this wasn’t supposed to be a realistic option thread

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
So GMDW admits that KK isnt a 2C but then says "nah we arent looking for one" so... wtf we gonna do? Honestly I'd prefer almost any of these guys over KK right now.

Reactions: Stickpucker

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
So GMDW admits that KK isnt a 2C but then says "nah we arent looking for one" so... wtf we gonna do? Honestly I'd prefer almost any of these guys over KK right now.
Really? Zacha is a 3C who sucks on the dot and benefitting from the best team in the league. KK >>> Geekie, much as I love him he's not better than bottom 6 at best. Henrique is alright but makes us much older and he's more expensive for 2 yrs with an M-NTC. Domi had his chance last year and was completely worthless, easy pass. Monahan is about the only one that interests me

Reactions: DaveG

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Completely random fact - my mother-in-law used to babysit Sean Monahan.

Johnny Gaudreau did too. But sincerely, Monahan would be the guy for me. I prefer a player who has done it and then lost it to a player who has never had it and can't find it. Monahan is still young enough to ask it from his body and get it if his brain can put the pieces together.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Johnny Gaudreau did too.
brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Well he better do something fast! I mean they are only 4th in the East and 5th over all, how the hell could they let it come to this. TT out for most of the year, Patches not playing until Jan-Feb. Both starting goalies out and the best they can do is 5th.

Fire them all!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think it's a fair discussion to have even with the team doing well. At least for me, the regular season isn't what it's about, it's the post season that really matters. I want to see them go deep into the playoffs and compete for the cup. I think they can, but that doesn't mean there aren't areas we need to see improvement in.

PP, PK, SH%, bottom pairing, KK's production, Jarvis's production (which seems to be coming around), and minimizing the number of break-aways/odd man rushes are all areas the team can and IMO, need to improve in. It's a testament to how good this team is and how good they can be to be in the position they are in given the injuries and special teams/SH% woes.

I don't take Waddell's comments of "nah, we aren't looking for one" so literally. I think the team is waiting to get Andersen, TT and Pacioretty back and will assess what the needs to be done after that up to the trade deadline if it's warranted.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Well he better do something fast! I mean they are only 4th in the East and 5th over all, how the hell could they let it come to this. TT out for most of the year, Patches not playing until Jan-Feb. Both starting goalies out and the best they can do is 5th.

Fire them all!
Did I say we need to do something right now?

No.

I don't really appreciate you putting words in my mouth.

I'm really asking a question about what are we gonna do to fill the 2nd line center role. As things stand right now we don't have one.

Historically teams that win the Stanley cup have 2 very good centers. Also considering that Don wandell admitted that KK isn't a second line center I think it's a perfectly valid line of conversation to be having right now.

Last edited:

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Did I say we need to do something right now?

No.

I don't really appreciate you putting words in my mouth.

I'm really asked a question about what are we gonna do to fill the 2nd line center role. As things stand right now we don't have one.

Historically teams that win the Stanley cup have 2 very good centers. Also considering that Don wandell admitted but KK isn't a second line center I think it's a perfectly valid line of conversation to be having right now.
As BBA said they need to wait until they have what they think is their full compliment of personnel before they look for anything. Any suggestion made before TT gets his legs back and before Patches at least plays in a game, is knee jerking, which is what I was insinuating. Its also a big what if knee jerk post. If you are not implying right now then your post is pointless because there is no telling how things will be in February.

Also this is a message board my friend, thicken up your skin a little. I typed nothing that should have been taken so offensively.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
As BBA said they need to wait until they have what they think is their full compliment of personnel before they look for anything. Any suggestion made before TT gets his legs back and before Patches at least plays in a game, is knee jerking, which is what I was insinuating. Its also a big what if knee jerk post. If you are not implying right now then your post is pointless because there is no telling how things will be in February.

Also this is a message board my friend, thicken up your skin a little. I typed nothing that should have been taken so offensively.
It's a perfectly valid thing to have a discussion about. It doesn't really matter what KK does for the rest of the season, His performance so far has clearly indicated his lack of ability to fill that role.

Even if Turbo and patches come back that doesn't really do anything to address the gaping hole we have at 2nd line center.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
It's a perfectly valid thing to have a discussion about. It doesn't really matter what KK does for the rest of the season, His performance so far has clearly indicated his lack of ability to fill that role.

Even if Turbo and patches come back that doesn't really do anything to address the gaping hole we have at 2nd line center.
So you do see a situation where TT or Patches coming back allows Necas to move to his natural position of C that he wants to play anyway? Also unless a robbery like Rask for Nino comes up they arent making any moves until we get closer to the deadline. So there is no way of knowing how is really going to be available the here in the first week of December.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
They arent gonna move Necas to C in the middle of the season. Especially when he is on a PPG+ season at wing.
If you say so. The Borg has never made splashy moves at the TD. keep thinking they "need to make a move" or will make one if you want. The only way they go after someone at the TD is if there is a set back for Patches or someone else gets hurt long term.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
If you say so. The Borg has never made splashy moves at the TD. keep thinking they "need to make a move" or will make one if you want. The only way they go after someone at the TD is if there is a set back for Patches or someone else gets hurt long term.

I can think that they need to make a move at the deadline and still realize and understand that there is a low chance they will actually do so.

As you said before, this is a message board. This thread exists to talk about our 2C problem. I am going to continue to do so until we have filled that role effectively.

Would I like Necas at C? I dont know, but he seems to be a very good winger. And his FO% is quite low, 2nd lowest on the team only really above Jarvis. Even Martinook is better at it than he is.

I cant see Rod starting him there until that improves, especially since it seems to be something he prides the team on doing well.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
That's why I mentioned elsewhere a Trocheck-like move is the one to watch for: distressed asset, likely coming off injury, multiple contract years left, team trying to unload him for pennies on the dollar.

The only reason Boeser doesn't scream perfect fit is the cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad