What do you drive?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Just to be different, I actually drive a 06 F150. It's mostly stock. Just headlights, tonneau cover, blacked out grill, and some gnarly tires. I used to drive a heavily modded Cobalt when I lived in Vancouver

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
'05 Saab 92x (Subaru WRX platform)
Turbo back exhaust, headers, intake, protune. 325HP and 260 ft/lb of torques.

That's sweet. I've always liked that era of Saab

06 Mitsubishi Evo RS. Only stock when I have to smog. ;)

That's gotta be a pain in the ass. I always got around the emission testing in Vancouver by doing the insurance from my hometown (no emission testing) and then telling them I'd be driving in Vancouver

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
That's gotta be a pain in the ass. I always got around the emission testing in Vancouver by doing the insurance from my hometown (no emission testing) and then telling them I'd be driving in Vancouver

That's a great idea. :laugh:

Oh man, in California anything you slap on your car that doesn't have a CARB certification is illegal - from headlights to mufflers. Thankfully police will mostly only ticket you if you and your car are being obnoxious. The smog testers cannot test your engine with anything that isn't OEM or CARB, so that's the real pain in the butt.

Takes me a weekend every two years to get my car ready for smog. I don't doubt it would pass with a lot of upgrades, but I'd rather not take the risk.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Oh man, in California anything you slap on your car that doesn't have a CARB certification is illegal - from headlights to mufflers. Thankfully police will mostly only ticket you if you and your car are being obnoxious. The smog testers cannot test your engine with anything that isn't OEM or CARB, so that's the real pain in the butt.

Takes me a weekend every two years to get my car ready for smog. I don't doubt it would pass with a lot of upgrades, but I'd rather not take the risk.

what's the risk? Here you just come back later with the issue "fixed" and re-test. I don't think they even charge you for the second test.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Ya you guys get screwed pretty hard with that stuff compared to us. I can't imagine how much crap all the people up here rolling coal would deal with if they drove down there :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
'13 Honda CRV

My wife has a '15 Kia Sorento. Both black. Both with AWD. We live firmly in a part of Canada with at least 6 months of snowy roads. I'll never own another vehicle that isnt AWD/4WD.

I think next up will be a truck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad