What do you drive?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
2017 JKU. Not a Rubicon or anything.

Own '93 Dodge 1 ton with a Cummins Turbo Diesel. Got it for a handle of Jameson .... and paying the $2,200 mechanic bill.

Also have a 76 CJ5, AMC 304 v8 with some ******* of a five speed I haven't been able to identify. She's stripped from he firewall back.

Am looking for a late 40s CJ2A if anyone knows anyone in the northeast (US)

Virtual jeep hand gesture

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What was the lift brand you went with? Did you like the km2s or did you go with different meats when you put on 35's?

Duratrac obviously, since we have these stupid winter regulation in Montreal for tires. They were cheap, great in mud, not too noisy, didnt have big treads so good enough for a lot of road, they have a stupid sidewall guarantee and i love the tread on them. Theyre 34.65 if i remeber well enough. Sold the MT KM TA (very different from KM2, those are beasts.) For good bucks right when I got the duratracs, which is at about 300 kms. :laugh:

The lift is a teraflex 3" with arms and shocks. Its expensive, but i guessed what the hell its a 60k vehicule, i aint putting crap on it.

I had 35s on my 08 jku, just needed a 2.5 budget boost, from teraflex again.

And 2.5 inch spacers, because I love the regular Rubicon rims.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Tough to give up a car like that. Those things were such good deals for so long.

And continue to be. They're just such great little cars. Mine's got about 230k on it; fully maintained and still runs like new. You just can't go back to an American car after having one of these. Build quality is just night and day different. Love it to bits. I've named it Hiroshi. :laugh:

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
2016 Jeep Cherokee Limited. Drive 200KM a day and needed something that could handle the roads in the winter that are hardly plowed when I'm driving. Enjoying it so far.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I have a 2013 Toyota Corolla sport, in the very rare orange color. All the Honda and Subaru kids around town try to race me all the time. It looks fast but it's not. Really nice car though and very practical.

my other car is a 2008 Volvo V50 in gray. It is turbo and all wheel drive. Racer kids never give it a second look but if somebody ever wanted to go I'm pretty sure it would smoke them easily. It goes 0-60 in under 6 seconds.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback with 114k miles. Living the dream, but it's had no problems in 7 years other than putting a new battery in it once. :laugh:

also 2013 Ducati Monster Anniversary edition, but I've mostly just kept that garaged. Should sell it.

I look at new cars and trucks all the time, and can definitely afford one on an Engineer's salary, but meh, after the first few months it just gets you from point A to point B just like the Versa.

probably the smartest guy here. cars are a lousy investment.

I had a 09 Versa hatchback and it was a wonderful car. Lasted 8 years and all I ever had to do to it was new battery, tires and headlight bulbs. Somebody pulled out in front of me one day on a wet road and I hit him broadside at 40 mph. Totaled it naturally, but the car did its job and kept me safe.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
This is a new section. Cool.

We used to drive BMW 4-series Coupe (the three door version). Few months back we changed to BMW 3-series GT 3 litre straight-six Xdrive. Beige full leather interior. It's substantially more equipped model than our previous BMW.

Honestly, can't find anything else negative to say about it other than it's turning circle is rather large and it took some getting used to to fit it in our garage. It drives smoothly and Sport/Sport+ gives you an excellent feel for the road and corners while the Comfort is great for relaxing drive.

Currently it already has about 16 000 kilometers in it. Fiancee drives a lot!

bmw-3-series-gran-turismo-gets-two-new-diesel-engines-no-word-about-a-facelift-yet-95977_1.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I had a 09 Versa hatchback and it was a wonderful car. Lasted 8 years and all I ever had to do to it was new battery, tires and headlight bulbs. Somebody pulled out in front of me one day on a wet road and I hit him broadside at 40 mph. Totaled it naturally, but the car did its job and kept me safe.

Except he has a Ducatti Monster :laugh:

One of the lousiest inverstment one could make especially if hes in Canada or northern us.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
This is a new section. Cool.

We used to drive BMW 4-series Coupe (the three door version). Few months back we changed to BMW 3-series GT 3 litre straight-six Xdrive. Beige full leather interior. It's substantially more equipped model than our previous BMW.

Honestly, can't find anything else negative to say about it other than it's turning circle is rather large and it took some getting used to to fit it in our garage. It drives smoothly and Sport/Sport+ gives you an excellent feel for the road and corners while the Comfort is great for relaxing drive.

Currently it already has about 16 000 kilometers in it. Fiancee drives a lot!

Did any of your BMWs emit a smell inside? It never bothered me but when my wife became pregnant she couldn't drive it.
I thought it was the leather at first.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

They're not supposed to be. They're toys or tools.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

One of the lousiest inverstment one could make especially if hes in Canada or northern us.

Ducatis aren't too bad actually. Resale value on those things is crazy high compared to the Japanese bikes. I've seen 10-year-old 1000cc Ducatis going for like $7K.

Compared to the Japanese bikes that's great. Even a really good mid-level bike, something like a Yamaha R6, loses about half its value within 2 years.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ducatis aren't too bad actually. Resale value on those things is crazy high compared to the Japanese bikes. I've seen 10-year-old 1000cc Ducatis going for like $7K.

Compared to the Japanese bikes that's great. Even a really good mid-level bike, something like a Yamaha R6, loses about half its value within 2 years.

Well in that case my JK the criteria because the resale value is crazy. (It really should not though.)

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
03 RSX Type-S:
3" headerback exhaust, cai, Kpro, coilovers. Valvetrain, cams and clutch are next and hopefully some boost next year

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Did any of your BMWs emit a smell inside? It never bothered me but when my wife became pregnant she couldn't drive it.
I thought it was the leather at first.

No, at least I haven't noticed anything.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
2016 Mazda CX-5. Don't mock me for joining the cuv craze, I picked the best looking and best driving one at least.

Last edited:

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa

I'm in California, and yeah Motorcycles are bad investments. At least with this one, they only made 300 of them and each one is numbered, so it should retain a fair amount of value, and it wasn't ridiculously expensive to begin with. That was my dumb purchase after landing a good job, got it out of the way.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm in California, and yeah Motorcycles are bad investments. At least with this one, they only made 300 of them and each one is numbered, so it should retain a fair amount of value, and it wasn't ridiculously expensive to begin with. That was my dumb purchase after landing a good job, got it out of the way.

Not blaming you at all, id love a ducatti, but my point still stands, motorcycles are stupid :laugh: at least in cali you can ride them more than 3 months every year.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

There's your problem. People don't buy cars as an investment. If you simply want a vehicle to get you from point a to point b, you but something cheap and reliable like a Versa. Not everyone shares your outlook though. I spent $2400 on tires alone on my last car and don't regret it for a second

Point being he has the dispensable income but isn't out there blowing it on a new car when his old one does the job. I honestly wish I had that kind of restraint.

It's not about a car "doing it's job". If that was the case, everyone would be driving old beaters. To you, it's "blowing it". To others, it's getting joy from a vehicle. I'm sure you have lots of expenses others would see as wasting money. Everyone does

Last edited:

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Duratrac obviously, since we have these stupid winter regulation in Montreal for tires. They were cheap, great in mud, not too noisy, didnt have big treads so good enough for a lot of road, they have a stupid sidewall guarantee and i love the tread on them. Theyre 34.65 if i remeber well enough. Sold the MT KM TA (very different from KM2, those are beasts.) For good bucks right when I got the duratracs, which is at about 300 kms. :laugh:

The lift is a teraflex 3" with arms and shocks. Its expensive, but i guessed what the hell its a 60k vehicule, i aint putting crap on it.

I had 35s on my 08 jku, just needed a 2.5 budget boost, from teraflex again.

And 2.5 inch spacers, because I love the regular Rubicon rims.

We need a wrangler thread. 2012 jku with 2.5" teraflex lift with 35" nitto terra grapplers. Do you ever check out the wranglerforum?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
It's not about a car "doing it's job". If that was the case, everyone would be driving old beaters. To you, it's "blowing it". To others, it's getting joy from a vehicle. I'm sure you have lots of expenses others would see as wasting money. Everyone does

I like cars. I enjoy them. Otherwise I would not be posting here. I'm just saying, saving money is smart. I love music too, but I can't say I don't feel some regret after spending $40 on a record I don't really need. All I'm saying is, dude's self-restraint is admirable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->