What did Ovechkin and Malkin do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IkeaMonkey*

J17ster said:
Well all i can say is Malkin has about 50million angry Yanks who want him dead.

There arent even 50 million "yanks" who know what hockey is.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Regarding taunting, who cares. BUT, anyone who played the game their whole life, starting as a 5yr old, Was taught ( or should have been) to act in a classy way after scoring a goal. I personally never took part in any over the top taunting, but if another team did it, we would be that more motivated to beat that team. The USA got beat by a better team, get over it, I do not beleive the Russians will be too cocky vs Canada !

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Bennysflyers16 said:
Regarding taunting, who cares. BUT, anyone who played the game their whole life, starting as a 5yr old, Was taught ( or should have been) to act in a classy way after scoring a goal. I personally never took part in any over the top taunting, but if another team did it, we would be that more motivated to beat that team. The USA got beat by a better team, get over it, I do not beleive the Russians will be too cocky vs Canada !

Whats wrong with celebrating a goal. Alright if you taunt the opposition thats not right but heh it is hockey and a lot more serious stuuf has happened than that.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
grow up?

DynamoAO said:
Hold on, Let me find my Phil Kessel avatar. I'll still then say I dont see a problem with what the Russians did. Judging someone's opinion from a picture near their username...come on, grow up.

It's not the picture....in fact I like the picture. You can read right?

Munchausen

shanwon said:
It is. Obviously you think taunting is OK, part of the sport, whatever. Good sportsmanship buddy.

Well taunting IS part of the game. You don't have to like it, I personally don't care much for it, but if you just realized this you need to wake up. Just look at any NHL game. There's guys that are paid millions to make the players on the other team lose their minds and go beserk by taunting them.

So yes, it is a definite part of the game, and will not go away. Taunting, intimidating, trapping, all tactics to put the victory on your side. Whether we like or not is an other debate, but it is there to stay. Maybe now the US will have revenge on their minds more than winning the next time they play Russia... You can find a purpose for everything.

I've seen a lot of passionate comments about those little game ending incidents and honestly I cannot understand why. Maybe it's easier to let it go when you're not cheering for either team.

Like I've said in an other thread, I think it could have been much worse considering those players are basically just a bunch of emotional kids figthing for personal pride. In light of this, I think it's fair to say it could have been much uglier than that.

IkeaMonkey*

shanwon said:
It's not the picture....in fact I like the picture. You can read right?

You said, "Don't even waste time on this guy. Look at his avatar. Speaks volumes for his thought process." meaning you are judging because he has a Russian player in his avatar. Are you going to retract your statements THAT fast?

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
DynamoAO said:
You said, "Don't even waste time on this guy. Look at his avatar. Speaks volumes for his thought process." meaning you are judging because he has a Russian player in his avatar. Are you going to retract your statements THAT fast?

Dude, we thought the COLD WAR was over.
:lol

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
lol

DynamoAO said:

You crack me up. Are we losing something in the translation here? I was referring to the "words" above the avatar.

Exactly....the cold war is over....GO CANADA!!!

two out of three*

Taunt all they want to people like Dan Fristche, and Patrick O'Sullivan. WOW you guys are better than them get over it. We'll see how much taunting you will be doing against Canada, and when you get into the NHL. I hope they get dropped numerous times.

BUT.. Theres no denying that they are two great hockey players. And you know what you can taunt when you are going to win the game 7-2, but maybe you should show some class once in awhile.

This seems like it good lead to a few exciting rivalries in the NHL when it starts back up. With Ovechkin-Malkin-Crosby, and Kesell all going at it.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Plager05 said:
The US team played kind of dirty the whole tournament. They get what they deserve IMO. I'm from America too so...

Sadly, after all the dirty hits I saw the US dishing out I felt the same way....and being American that's a pretty sad thing.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
b-mad said:
Sadly, after all the dirty hits I saw the US dishing out I felt the same way....and being American that's a pretty sad thing.

How many were dirty hits? How many Russians were taken off the ice from dirty hits? Id love to hear your take on what a dirty hit is.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Gord Miller just said it best after shirokov's hulkster move.

"You pull that stuff in the NHL they'll be sticks and gloves all over the ice" "They'll take you home in a bucket" lol

I'd like to see him do that with Pronger on the ice.

usmhuskies

tommi462 said:
Wow. How obvious, I've only said that in 3 or 4 threads today.

I guess it's just me, but I consider taunting a lesser evil than slashing, , cross checking, high sticking and all those other things the US players have been doing more and more as the tournament progresses.

:lol what do you think brought on theses slashes and X-checks, couldn't have been taunting could it??? No way right!!! :shakehead

IkeaMonkey*

USM, budddddddddddddyyyyy, the checks and high sticks came WAYYYYYYYY before the taunting even came about.

Reilly311

DynamoAO said:
USM, budddddddddddddyyyyy, the checks and high sticks came WAYYYYYYYY before the taunting even came about.

You're right, the checks and high sticks came after the dislodging of nets and constant diving.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
usmhuskies said:
:lol what do you think brought on theses slashes and X-checks, couldn't have been taunting could it??? No way right!!! :shakehead

Oh, I forgot, taunting gives you permission to do physical harm. Sorry about that, my mistake.

:rolleyes:

Say what you like about taunting being them "asking for it", but taunting is legal, assault is not. Taunt back, beat them in the game, whatever, just keep it legal.

And the second thing: The Americans were doing their thing before the Russians even started their taunting.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
Americans and Canadians play hardnosed hockey

Russians and Euros play a finesse game and find diving to be acceptable to draw a penalty.

2 different takes on hockey, so would you guys get over your pissing matches and move on. You arent solving anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad