What can we do to get Keefe fired.

TMLisSRYinGerman

Aug 4, 2020
Miss the playoffs might do IT, but I don't think getting rid of Keefe is enough. Everyone needs to go: Shanahan,Tre, Keefe, some big money players too (Marner, Nylander, maybe even Matthews,...). This team will never win a cup as it is right now. We need to start completely new IMO. Get a new identity, find a matching GM, coach, matching players through the very good draft picks or trading away some big names. This is just how I feel. I'll still watch the games come Playoff time, but so many fans losing interest in their team is alarming. I know it's unrealistic, but I wish they we would start new at zero.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Miss the playoffs might do IT, but I don't think getting rid of Keefe is enough. Everyone needs to go: Shanahan,Tre, Keefe, some big money players too (Marner, Nylander, maybe even Matthews,...). This team will never win a cup as it is right now. We need to start completely new IMO. Get a new identity, find a matching GM, coach, matching players through the very good draft picks or trading away some big names. This is just how I feel. I'll still watch the games come Playoff time, but so many fans losing interest in their team is alarming. I know it's unrealistic, but I wish they we would start new at zero.
The Leafs aren't going to miss the playoffs. Keefe is safe for another day.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I think the job is his to lose in the playoffs. He becomes the excuse. The Leafs never do the right thing, so Keefe must stay and then playoffs dictates his fate.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think the job is his to lose in the playoffs. He becomes the excuse. The Leafs never do the right thing, so Keefe must stay and then playoffs dictates his fate.

He's also under contract until 2025 so an offseason firing means the team would be on the hook for less money (if it happens)

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Money never seems to be the issue with them.

Mirtle has said a couple times that after firing Babcock mid contract ownership has become more concerned about sunk/dead cash.

Now, since the pandemic has come and gone in terms.kf it's league impact maybe they've lessened their concern a bit

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Mirtle has said a couple times that after firing Babcock mid contract ownership has become more concerned about sunk/dead cash.

Now, since the pandemic has come and gone in terms.kf it's league impact maybe they've lessened their concern a bit

Considering David Clarkson, Nathan Horton, Jared Cowan, Matt Murray, Jake Muzzin, Joffrey Lupul, Stephane Robidas on the player front, kind of surprised to hear that money actually can be an object for MLSE.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Very weird of Keefe to follow up the St. Louis Blues all team all depth effort with stacking the Big 4 minutes, turning the forward group into 4 super first liners and 8 4th liners last night. There was a gap of more than 8 minutes between the 4th highest minutes played (Tavares 20:54) and Knies (12:44).

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Keefe's biggest flaw is that he is a slow learner. Makes the same mistakes over and over instead of adjusting quickly. Hopefully he'll work on that weakness.

Reactions: Jmo89

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Keefe's biggest flaw is that he is a slow learner. Makes the same mistakes over and over instead of adjusting quickly. Hopefully he'll work on that weakness.

I like that he seems to have some free rein though.

He’s speaking his mind more freely to the reporters and on-ice he seems constantly pissed off whether it be at the refs, his own team, or anything and he lets emotion show.

This is a good thing to have a bench boss who’s displaying some passion to get players into the fight.

Keefe wasn’t a soft player by any means, and it’s good to see some of his old school nature come through on the bench finally.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Barring a huge multi game melt-down they have missed the boat for this season I think. He will sink or swim based on the playoffs and whether he has learned anything from all those failures. I think he takes the fall for a bad playoff whether or not he gets visibly outcoached. Only so many kicks at the can and Shanny will need a scapegoat.

This lineup plus a RD can do some damage with decent goaltending and provided they stay healthy. They aren't big teams the club has been knocking off lately but the wins were convincing. A big test coming up with the western teams and Rangers. Winning four of six will earn him some fan love and get the team back some street cred.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Barring a huge multi game melt-down they have missed the boat for this season I think. He will sink or swim based on the playoffs and whether he has learned anything from all those failures. I think he takes the fall for a bad playoff whether or not he gets visibly outcoached. Only so many kicks at the can and Shanny will need a scapegoat.

This lineup plus a RD can do some damage with decent goaltending and provided they stay healthy. They aren't big teams the club has been knocking off lately but the wins were convincing. A big test coming up with the western teams and Rangers. Winning four of six will earn him some fan love and get the team back some street cred.
I would take

W Arizona
L Vegas on the back to back,
W Avs Saturday night
W rematch Vegas to start

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
After they beat Arizona then lose the next 3, they'll be calling for his head again. :laugh:

He's safe now until the off season at the earliest

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Looks like off season firing as the Leafs surely will be out in first round, especially if its Florida.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Looks like off season firing as the Leafs surely will be out in first round, especially if its Florida.
That's the spirit!

1708453989975.png

Reactions: nuck

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I think you’re right. We should just close up the team. Scotiabank Arena can be sold, MLSE can focus on all the other sports, why even bother.

Reactions: Jojalu

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Considering David Clarkson, Nathan Horton, Jared Cowan, Matt Murray, Jake Muzzin, Joffrey Lupul, Stephane Robidas on the player front, kind of surprised to hear that money actually can be an object for MLSE.
oh, my god, the Leafs is the rich man version of Arizona.

Now, I have a feeling that letting Keefe go cannot fix the problem after the current run. The Leafs just has too many similar superstars (4 F) in the core.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Guys. I’ve changed my mind. THIS IS THE COACH OF THE FUTURE! He’s taking us all the way I can feel it in my bones!!

Go Keefe Go!!!

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
It took way too long, but Keefe finally broke up Willy and Tavares. The forward lines are more balanced now and hopefully, they continue to succeed

He has also shown more confidence in guys like Lily, McMann, Robertson, etc. after having them on short leashes for a while.

Reactions: OddyOh

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
A 5, 10, or even 20 game heater mid-season means nothing when your career playoff series record is 1-4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad