What can we do to get Keefe fired.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
There's really nothing we as fans can do. They aren't going to fire someone because a handful of fans show up with signs or if there is a chant in the arena (which is doubtful based on the makeup of our home games and the general lack of interest from most people at games). They aren't going to do anything emotional or rash, IMO anyway. If anything they will fire him if the team misses the playoffs or we get bounced in the first round again.

I maintain that any other team would have fired Keefe and potentially Dubas after blowing the series vs. Montreal in 2021.

Emotional and rash would have been after the Columbus series and still would have been the right decision to fire the coach. That time has long since passed.

Now we are deep into the "resting on their laurels" territory.

There are copious examples within recent NHL history that prove that the changing of a coach can absolutely improve team success. In many cases a complete 180 - (see Canucks, Oilers etc etc) The Canucks were absolute dogshit until Tocchet took over, now look. And on that note, how anyone can look at Boudreau as an answer for this team is beyond me - and I like Bruce.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Emotional and rash would have been after the Columbus series and still would have been the right decision to fire the coach. That time has long since passed.

Now we are deep into the "resting on their laurels" territory.

There are copious examples within recent NHL history that prove that the changing of a coach can absolutely improve team success. In many cases a complete 180 - (see Canucks, Oilers etc etc) The Canucks were absolute dogshit until Tocchet took over, now look. And on that note, how anyone can look at Boudreau as an answer for this team is beyond me - and I like Bruce.
I agree with you, I was more speaking matter of fact about MLSE in that I doubt they fire Keefe in the lead up to the playoffs (hopefully anyway) like this. Maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: CincoHolio

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I agree with you, I was more speaking matter of fact about MLSE in that I doubt they fire Keefe in the lead up to the playoffs (hopefully anyway) like this. Maybe I'm wrong.
At some point if your going to love your core

Shouldn't u bring in a caoch that has won ?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
is he gone yet? lol
ive probably watched a dozen games this year and prefer watching scottie barnes and the rebuilding raptors than this team.

so sad that i dont even care about a team ive watched for 40 years.
Yeah, if they are both on the same night, I typically watch the Raptors as well. I’ve lost a lot of interest in the NHL in general

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Yeah, if they are both on the same night, I typically watch the Raptors as well. I’ve lost a lot of interest in the NHL in general
i became a hockey fan due to the intensity of the sport, i loved it and the adrenaline that came along with it. this team has taken the identity of its captain, and its boring and frustrating and not even an entertaining product to watch, yet all they do is double down. oh well, ill come back when they make watching worth while again.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He's now the 5th longest tenured head coach.

View attachment 814099

3 of the guys ahead of him have won a Cup or two, and Brind'Amour has made the Conference Finals twice, won a round every season he's coached, and has led the Canes to Division Titles three times, and only one of those was during the fake Covid Divisions.

Keefe's accomplishments, or rather lack thereof, pale in comparison to the men ahead of him. Why this franchise is so loyal to him and hesitant to move on is beyond me.

You think MLSE actually care about this sort of thing? If you think they do. I say actions speak volumes.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
There's really nothing we as fans can do. They aren't going to fire someone because a handful of fans show up with signs or if there is a chant in the arena (which is doubtful based on the makeup of our home games and the general lack of interest from most people at games).

Ron Wilson says hi.

Reactions: Wrong Wilson

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Apparently that it is now Feb 13th we just got toasted by Ottawa and Keefe is still coach, nothing we can say, or pray for will have Keefe unemployed. This team leadership appears to understand something greater is rotten, let's just send them a mirror.

Reactions: thewave

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Apparently that it is now Feb 13th we just got toasted by Ottawa and Keefe is still coach, nothing we can say, or pray for will have Keefe unemployed. This team leadership appears to understand something greater is rotten, let's just send them a mirror.
If the Leafs miss Reilly at all the desperate move would be to can him
They just can't give away assets for marginal defenseman

Reactions: Niagara Bill

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
If the Leafs miss Reilly at all the desperate move would be to can him
They just can't give away assets for marginal defenseman
I hate the idea of wanting anyone to lose their job, and I certainly don't believe this all falls on Keefe.

But what are the other options at this point? You are correct. I don't want them to give up anything for any UFA, that we might just be able to sign in the offseason.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I hate the idea of wanting anyone to lose their job, and I certainly don't believe this all falls on Keefe.

But what are the other options at this point? You are correct. I don't want them to give up anything for any UFA, that we might just be able to sign in the offseason.
I don't think Keefe would have much trouble getting another head coaching job. Like him or not, a guy with his career record is not going to stay unemployed for long.

Reactions: Jojalu

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Not sure what pizza boy is waiting for. We’ve played 50 games and look like mediocre trash. Might as well of made a street cone GM.

Reminds me of the Nonis or a Potato article. BT or a Potato next up. They probably hire based on agreeability.

So true though.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I’ve come to accept the fact he’s not going anywhere this season. And honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s here all next season as well even if we bow out in round 1 again.

I’ve just lost all faith in management caring about building a winner. It makes no difference who is standing behind the bench.

Reactions: supermann_98

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I don't think Keefe would have much trouble getting another head coaching job. Like him or not, a guy with his career record is not going to stay unemployed for long.

He will definitely get another job based on that but I also think it's fair to question just how much of that career record is the fact you have 5 supremely talented game breakers vs his actual coaching ability.

He walked into a great position.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
So his reason for not giving Lily a shot on pp1 in reilly’s absence and instead putting McCabe on pp1 (ffs) is that Lily is a RHD. Can’t even make this shit up, Keefe would rather give a career loser, (sorry but McCabe’s previous teams’ track record ain’t exactly rosey), a golden opportunity over a guy who was drafted and developed by team. Cannot wait until Keefe’s fat ass is run out of town

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So his reason for not giving Lily a shot on pp1 in reilly’s absence and instead putting McCabe on pp1 (ffs) is that Lily I’d a RHD. Can’t even make this shit up, Keefe would rather give a career loser, (sorry but McCabe’s previous teams’ track record ain’t exactly rosey), a golden opportunity over a guy who was drafted and developed by team. Cannot wait until Keefe’s fat ass is run out of town
Makes perfect sense from a Coach that rarely does.
The goal is to try and not disrupt the PP, not what the fans think is best for Lilijgren.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Makes perfect sense from a Coach that rarely does.
The goal is to try and not disrupt the PP, not what the fans think is best for Lilijgren.
Makes perfect sense to put an error prone, risk taking, inferior player into an important position? I don't follow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad