What can we do to get Keefe fired.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
We got rid of a coach years ago by fan outrage, including picketing outside the arena.

Keefe has to go. He has proven time and time again he can't handle this team.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I can't do it because I am in NS.

It would only take 3 or 4 guys with signs saying "fire Keefe".

And if Tre won't do it, then maybe he has to go. The team is not good enough, its not coached well enough. Someone needs to be heard.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
What he said post game about Sammy made me ill .. no coach worth his salt says that crap .. you stand in front of mike and say da truth .. our team sucked in every respect and let our tenders down HUGE .. even Matty said it was worse level of embarrassment he has seen since he arrived .. and Matty was one of our best guys .. that is freakin leadership .. i know keefer is not da brightest tool in da drawer but that made him look like an *SS .. he will suffer from what he said last night

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
After it got to 9 goals last night I was hoping for an even dozen because it needs to become so bad that even Shanny in his silver tower needs to be rocked awake, or even better Shannys boss needs to wake up

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
He should have been canned a while ago. But it’s not all on the coach. We’ve done that before. There’s something rotten and it’s part core and part Shanahan. Crap runs downhill and it starts from the top.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This thread is over the top. I've been critical of Keefe too in the past, but he has done nothing to justify firing him at this point of the season. The team was steadily improving up until last night, and that was mostly on Samsonov.

As for his post game comments, the worst thing he could have done was to pile on Samsonov publicly. There are certain comments that are best left behind closed doors, especially in this city.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
We got rid of a coach years ago by fan outrage, including picketing outside the arena.

Keefe has to go. He has proven time and time again he can't handle this team.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I can't do it because I am in NS.

It would only take 3 or 4 guys with signs saying "fire Keefe".

And if Tre won't do it, then maybe he has to go. The team is not good enough, its not coached well enough. Someone needs to be heard.
If that's all it takes then he would have been fired after the David Ayers debacle. It's a good thing bitter fans don't run the team. In no way am I saying Keefe is a good coach, but the timing of this is odd.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
This thread is over the top. I've been critical of Keefe too in the past, but he has done nothing to justify firing him at this point of the season. The team was steadily improving up until last night, and that was mostly on Samsonov.

As for his post game comments, the worst thing he could have done was to pile on Samsonov publicly. There are certain comments that are best left behind closed doors, especially in this city.
Improving what exactly?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

He's done nothing to justify why he was hired in the first place, or why he's kept the job this long. Should've been an interm tag and dumped after the play-in loss

NMacrules

May 30, 2021

NO. Woll has kept Keefe's chestnuts out of the fire. If it wasn't for Woll going lights out for a bunch of games, Keefe would be gone now. And there would likely be 4 more losses in the loss column.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Our defensive play (with a depleted blueline), offensive output, consistency of effort, and our record in regulation.
The defence looks as bad as its ever been in this era, and scoring across the league has gone up since Keefe was hired.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
The fans don't have to do anything to get Keefe fired.

He's doing the job just fine himself. This guy won't ever learn. He keeps making the same stupid mistakes over and over and over and over.

Some things never grow old.

Watching Keefe sweat like a stuffed pig on tv while his team is getting spanked by a low level loser is one of them. Hearing his stupid excuses for why his team played like crap is another. Seeing him implode is like rubbernecking a wreck on the highway.

You can't keep your eyes off the carnage.

Coaches are hired to get fired. Keefe is well past his best before date. It's only a matter of time before he joins his good buddy in Pittsburgh.

Assuming Crosby fires Sullivan first that is.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Really?
He doesn’t have a clue when his goalie is out of it and pulls him way too late. He has a nasty habit of putting out the 4th line right after a goal, does he try to give it back on purpose. Has no idea about going with the hot players in any given game. So many too many men penalty, he has to take blame there it can’t be just our players who can’t count, seems other teams are not as bad at it as us.. Some of the guys he chooses to play in the last minutes of a close game are mind boggling.

Last edited:

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
As fans, we can't do anything but wait......however
  • They continue to be undisciplined and poorly execute fundamental hockey plays
  • They've been blessed with being able to LTIR Murray, Klingberg, and Reaves for major cap relief and a theoretically improved roster
  • This is supposedly a Stanley Cup contending team with 50% of their 30 games ending in ties.
It's just a matter of time before Keefe is given the boot

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
NO. Woll has kept Keefe's chestnuts out of the fire. If it wasn't for Woll going lights out for a bunch of games, Keefe would be gone now. And there would likely be 4 more losses in the loss column.
its the case with every coach in NHL... when your #1 goalie suck like Samsonov did this season, youre better hope to have a great #2 to get the job done or youre in trouble...

name me a good coach, i will name you a good goaltender...

Really?
He doesn’t have a clue when his goalie is out of it and pulls him way too late. He has a nasty habit of putting out the 4th line right after a goal, does he try to give it back on purpose. Has no idea about going with the hot players in any given game. So many too many men penalty, he has to take blame there it can’t be just our players who can’t count, seems other teams are not as bad at it as us.. Some of the guys he chooses to play in the last minutes of a close game are mind boggling.

put an energy line after a goal, a lot of coach doing it... sorry

• Haha
Reactions: danny90 and andora

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Well we got Dubas fired but ended up with a buffoon like Treliving.

Hopefully there is a better coach available when Keefe is fired.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I doubt Keefe gets fired considering our record and the adversities we've faced with injuries to start the season...but I will say that Keefe just doesn't seem like a Treliving guy to me when its all said and done

Even if Keefe finishes through this whole year as the leafs coach, I dont see Keefe being the guy down the road

Someone like Berube seems more like that dude

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lecce vs Udinese