What can we do to get Keefe fired.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Really?
He doesn’t have a clue when his goalie is out of it and pulls him way too late. He has a nasty habit of putting out the 4th line right after a goal, does he try to give it back on purpose. Has no idea about going with the hot players in any given game. So many too many men penalty, he has to take blame there it can’t be just our players who can’t count, seems other teams are not as bad at it as us.. Some of the guys he chooses to play in the last minutes of a close game are mind boggling.
Plus he's very stubborn and doesn't switch up the lines when things go south.

Reactions: arso40

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Good news though, Matthews and Marner are back together at practice!

Problems. Solved.
This really is all Keefe has in his bag of tricks isn't it...flipping Marner and Willie.

1622397316724.gif

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I get the criticisms of him, but the reality is that within two or three weeks, once the Leafs catch up to other teams in games played, they will be second or third in the conference. No coach in that spot gets fired. Whether he is the right guy for the job is a different story (and I'm not sure he is), but Treliving won't fire a guy whose team is that high in the standings.

Mar 26, 2010
What he said post game about Sammy made me ill .. no coach worth his salt says that crap .. you stand in front of mike and say da truth .. our team sucked in every respect and let our tenders down HUGE .. even Matty said it was worse level of embarrassment he has seen since he arrived .. and Matty was one of our best guys .. that is freakin leadership .. i know keefer is not da brightest tool in da drawer but that made him look like an *SS .. he will suffer from what he said last night
What did Keefe say that was so bad about Samsonov? I watched the post game and he said nothing out of conduct.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Firing a coach during the regular season feels like playing with fire - in terms of having subsequent team success - more often than not.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I get the criticisms of him, but the reality is that within two or three weeks, once the Leafs catch up to other teams in games played, they will be second or third in the conference. No coach in that spot gets fired. Whether he is the right guy for the job is a different story (and I'm not sure he is), but Treliving won't fire a guy whose team is that high in the standings.
A team that is expected to be 7th-8th in the standings but underperforms and finishes 10th has their coach fired but a team that should be 1st place but underperforms and is 4th never seems to get fired. I don’t care where we are in the standings, we are under performing. He can’t figure out the lines to save his life. The talent on this team is historic.

Reactions: TMLife17

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
After it got to 9 goals last night I was hoping for an even dozen because it needs to become so bad that even Shanny in his silver tower needs to be rocked awake, or even better Shannys boss needs to wake up
I love the idea of having sequential and progressively taller towers populated by various levels of slumbering management

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
We got rid of a coach years ago by fan outrage, including picketing outside the arena.

Keefe has to go. He has proven time and time again he can't handle this team.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I can't do it because I am in NS.

It would only take 3 or 4 guys with signs saying "fire Keefe".

And if Tre won't do it, then maybe he has to go. The team is not good enough, its not coached well enough. Someone needs to be heard.
Step 1: Don't include me in the "we".

Reactions: Buds17

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This really is all Keefe has in his bag of tricks isn't it...flipping Marner and Willie.

View attachment 789062
It's actually not a bad idea. Matthews and Marner have both gotten their mojo back and Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander was our best line before they were broken up.

I'm fine with giving that a look for a couple of games to kickstart the team after a bit of adversity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A team that is expected to be 7th-8th in the standings but underperforms and finishes 10th has their coach fired but a team that should be 1st place but underperforms and is 4th never seems to get fired. I don’t care where we are in the standings, we are under performing. He can’t figure out the lines to save his life. The talent on this team is historic.
The difference being that team finishing 10th after expecting to be 7th or 8th will definitely be missing the playoffs. While the team might not be sitting too comfortably in 2nd at the moment, it's important to note that the teams trying to catch us are also grappling with a disadvantage in GP. Don't necessarily take all of the aforementioned as an endorsement of Keefe though since I'm still not overly sold on him.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Not sure what needs to happen but try to implicate Mike Tomlin with him.

Maybe the common denominator is Dubas being in Pittsburgh…….? Dubas could use them both. His history with Keefe and the fact that Tomlin wants to win every game 3-0. Could translate better to the Penguins.

:)

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I’m not a Keefe fan but how is the team supposed to be on their game when Samsonov is letting in unscreened shots from the blue line. I thought we were really starting to play better in the second and then a weak wrist shot, from almost the blue line beats Samsonov’s glove. I’d assume most of us on here have played the game and know how deflating it is when the goalie lets in those. It wouldn’t have mattered how good of defence we played last night when you don’t get saves, you lose generally.

Keefe doesn’t have many options in net unfortunately and that’s not in him. I get nervous every time a shot goes towards Samsonov and I’m just a fan. When you play scared because of the goalies, you can’t play your game. I really don’t know how a new coach can magically get Samsonov’ stopping pucks so I can’t see a it helping us

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Why does Keefe have the third highest winning percentage in history?

Was he handed a great team or is he a good coach? One shows support of Dubas and Shanny and the other supports Keefe. Which side is everyone on?

Reactions: Ciao

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
What he said post game about Sammy made me ill .. no coach worth his salt says that crap .. you stand in front of mike and say da truth .. our team sucked in every respect and let our tenders down HUGE .. even Matty said it was worse level of embarrassment he has seen since he arrived .. and Matty was one of our best guys .. that is freakin leadership .. i know keefer is not da brightest tool in da drawer but that made him look like an *SS .. he will suffer from what he said last night

No coach is going to bury a guy in the media unless you wanna lose the room. Keefe knows he’s got pressure. Internally I think he probably was more candid. We saw in the Amazon documentary Keefe isn’t afraid to say it how it is.

Reactions: Jojalu

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Why does Keefe have the third highest winning percentage in history?

Was he handed a great team or is he a good coach? One shows support of Dubas and Shanny and the other supports Keefe. Which side is everyone on?
Neither, Dubas and Keefe both inherited this stupidity of wealth and both have failed to capture glory with it.

Shanahans plan to suck ass and draft worked, but after that we should’ve fired him and found a whole team of people who have a history of building a winner. It’s easy to lose and draft high.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Neither, Dubas and Keefe both inherited this stupidity of wealth and both have failed to capture glory with it.

Shanahans plan to suck ass and draft worked, but after that we should’ve fired him and found a whole team of people who have a history of building a winner. It’s easy to lose and draft high.

Id say the plan worked a little bit. But again in 2015 he trusted Dubas and Hunter & they made pivotal mistakes. Hunter screwed up that 2nd round for us in 2015. He also screwed up that 2nd round for us in 2016.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

I am not in favour or opposed to Keefe.

I do wonder why the same people argue that it is impossible to win with 50% of the cap gping to 4 forwards, then blame Keefe for not doing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad