Music: What are you listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Never really heard of this guy before, and what I did assumed he was some useless Jonas Brother type. Then saw him on SNL last night - and delivered. Lip syncing? Nope, got this video feed of mic only. Guy has talent, and seems like a really likeable kid.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

The Beatles - I Feel Fine

Day I heard I was going to be a Dad, I rearranged the lyrics of all the song to being "So glad... she's my little girl... she's so glad... she's telling the whole world... her Daddy buys her things, he buys her diamond rings..."

Turns out he was a boy. I still sing it to him if I break out the guitar. Gender and toys changed. 4 years later, occasionally my son will go "I'm so glaaaad that you're my Daddy too!"*Mission accomplished.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Jayo Felony - True'd Up

Everything is a terrible sound of the original unless you own the album and can hear it proper. Bass knocking and hard sounding West Coast rap of the late 90s. Battling JayZ before Jay Z was a real deal. This song was legit. And shots fired.

Battle rap days.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

This kid is only 20 and a born natural with an amazing blues voice. Just saw him last night and he played for 2:20 for only 15 bucks. If he has yet to come to your town go see him. You likely won't see him in that sized venue again.

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
^ listened to a couple songs, sounds good. Will have to investigate further. Been a blues kick lately myself.
Good stuff. The Blues and Soul is all I listen to anymore. There is a song on the NBA2K17 soundtrack that I like. It's the second lyric in my sig and it may be by Jay Z.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Trifold backlash:
1. I think she's actually talented
2. I think she's hot as f
3. Mainstream or not, catchy song

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
^^Woah, two real classics right there.

mmfood-4fe9a15a52659.jpg

artworks-000046904102-0iwr24-t500x500.jpg

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn

This kid is only 20 and a born natural with an amazing blues voice. Just saw him last night and he played for 2:20 for only 15 bucks. If he has yet to come to your town go see him. You likely won't see him in that sized venue again.

Thanks for this. I just saw that they're playing a bbq competition in one of my favorite cities New Orleans at the end of March. Might have to take a road trip down south and see that.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Irma Thomas - Anyone Who Knows What Love Is

55 years later. What a song. Just like listening to a dream.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Thanks for this. I just saw that they're playing a bbq competition in one of my favorite cities New Orleans at the end of March. Might have to take a road trip down south and see that.

You won't be disappointed.

If you are into blues you should make a trip down to KC sometime and visit Knuckleheads Saloon. It's a very unique venue and the owners have drummed up tremendous local support.

You know those places you go and say "man, it just feels like I'm supposed to be here". This is one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad