What are the Jets doing for the fans?

Beazley

Duke of the Dale
Oct 2, 2008
Winnipeg
Did the Leafs offer interest on the missed games for their STH's? There's our free game.

You asked for it.

Dear Season Ticket holder

As you are aware, the current NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement expires September 15th, 2012. We are hopeful that an agreement will be reached, and as such have scheduled your season ticket package to be delivered later this week. However, we ask that you do not distribute your tickets until a new NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement is reached, as the original Pre-Season and Regular Season schedule may be impacted. If the schedule is impacted, we will follow up with further instructions.

In addition, as previously communicated, you will have two options available in the event that games are cancelled.

Option 1: Loyalty Program – As games are cancelled, you may elect to keep your money on account with us until hockey resumes and a credit will accrue in your account at an annual simple interest rate of 5% on Toronto Maple Leaf payments. Your credit will be applied to future renewal fees or playoff games. Note that your account must be paid in full to select this option. In the event games are cancelled, interest will begin to accrue on September 15th, 2012.

Option 2: Monthly Refund – We will refund you on a monthly basis for all games cancelled in the preceding month. You will also receive, on a monthly basis, an interest payment payable on all funds related to Toronto Maple Leaf games held in your account during the applicable month. The interest amount will be calculated at an annual simple interest rate of 1%. In the event games are cancelled, interest will begin to accrue on September 15th, 2012.

If you have not already done so, please confirm your preferred option by clicking here. The deadline to select your preference is September 15th, 2012. If we do not receive your selection, we will assume that your preference is to receive a monthly refund.

We thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. As always, we will be sure to keep you informed and aware of any related developments. If you have any questions, your Service Team is available at 416-703-LEAF (5323) to assist you.

Your Account Service Team

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I'm suprised with the attitude of alot of people around here.

Personally, I'm not upset at all about the lack of offerings from TNSE but it does suprise me that they're not doing anything when so many teams around the league are bending over backwards to make a statement.

I get that alot of it seems hollow and a desperate grab at bringing the fans back (which obviously isn't necessary in Winnipeg) but it doesn't have to be free cokes or tickets; even something simple in the community goes a long way towards acknowledging that the situation should never have happened and putting it behind you. There was alot of businesses in this city that lost alot of business because of this thing. Maybe something to acknowledge them and get people out in the downtown area again?

Who knows maybe they'll suprise everyone at the game tomorrow... I sure hope they do.

Edit: For the record, something like what Nashville is doing with the discounted tickets for firefighters, EMTs, etc. seems like a good gesture.

The Jets did something unlike the Rangers, Flyers and Coyotes. They did absolutely nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad