What are the Jets doing for the fans?

KingSalamon

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
As Noel would say... give me a golden 2 points on Saturday afternoon. That'll make me happy. No overtime just a regulation win... those are going to be huge wins for a team with all play be inter-conference.

Go Jets Go!

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I think I'm giving the wrong impression here. I'm not saying that I won't watch hockey again if they do nothing...it's just surprising.

The guy that said they should subsidize some of the bars that encircle the MTS centre has it bang on I think. I also think that they should waive the cost for the Jets channel for all those that aren't lucky enough to be able to get tickets.

I'm sure that I will forget about all of this soon, I just find it surprising that the only thing they have done is 25% off.

Every other Canadian team, none of which need to do anything to keep the fans coming, have all done more then the Jets have.

I'm just saying that they should so something for their fans, to show that they do appreciate them.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Ottawa Senators and Molsons are giving away free beer at their home opener Monday.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Not every team is doing something. Seems it's mostly the struggling teams. Not entirely sure why the Leafs did anything. It was pointless.

The Jets gave a dsicount at the team store, and had an open pratice where they gave free popcorn and a drink plus some free hats. Plus the jets are building a strong team picking up ahl players through the waiver wire. Can't ask for more than that.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Not every team is doing something. Seems it's mostly the struggling teams. Not entirely sure why the Leafs did anything. It was pointless.

The Jets gave a dsicount at the team store, and had an open pratice where they gave free popcorn and a drink plus some free hats. Plus the jets are building a strong team picking up ahl players through the waiver wire. Can't ask for more than that.

Agree to disagree ;)

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Plus the jets are building a strong team picking up ahl players through the waiver wire. Can't ask for more than that.

Agree to disagree as well. Can't see how the waiver pickups will make a fart in a windstorm's difference. Mind you, if we were to pick up Redden or Gomez for say $1M this season, that wouldn't be quite so bad.

With the injury holes and the importance of flying out of the gate in such a short season, it would be nice to see a bit more happening outside of some AHL pickups who likely won't make a dent in anything.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Agree to disagree as well. Can't see how the waiver pickups will make a fart in a windstorm's difference. Mind you, if we were to pick up Redden or Gomez for say $1M this season, that wouldn't be quite so bad.

With the injury holes and the importance of flying out of the gate in such a short season, it would be nice to see a bit more happening outside of some AHL pickups who likely won't make a dent in anything.

I fail to see your logic.
Picking up young players who are being reassigned to their AHL team=bad.
Picking up older, potentially washed players that are being paid to go away=good?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I fail to see your logic.
Picking up young players who are being reassigned to their AHL team=bad.
Picking up older, potentially washed players that are being paid to go away=good?

Agree.....the Thrashers farm system sucked.....we will be trying to build that up for the next 5 years into a decent feeder system like the Moose were...

It's a long road folks this ins't going to turn into a successful franchise in 3 years just because it is in Winnipeg now.....

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Agree.....the Thrashers farm system sucked.....we will be trying to build that up for the next 5 years into a decent feeder system like the Moose were...

It's a long road folks this ins't going to turn into a successful franchise in 3 years just because it is in Winnipeg now.....

Kid = Jets fans
Bon bon = Stanley cup

Warhead77

Jets4Life
Jun 28, 2011
The River City

25% is hardly a discount.

Let's talk 35-40%. THAT would've been something.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I just got my new Lexus!!!!
Has any other season ticket holder gotten theirs!??!
Thanks Winnipeg Jets, I forgive you!

Chronos1337

Jun 23, 2011
I just got my new Lexus!!!!
Has any other season ticket holder gotten theirs!??!
Thanks Winnipeg Jets, I forgive you!

I'm so upset all I got was a Lexus. I mean c'mon I think we fans deserve a Porche, right?

I'm boycotting now.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
25% is hardly a discount.

Let's talk 35-40%. THAT would've been something.

The entitlement of people in this thread amazes me.

Yes the leafs gave free tickets out to their STHs and 1000 or so other fans in Toronto.
So as a fan if you aren't a STH you have a minuscule chance of getting one of these 1000 tickets.
There is probably a good chance that a lot of those 1000 tickets will be handed to people that don't really want to go to the game and they end up scalping them.

If you are a Ottawa STH or were lucky enough to get a ticket to the opening game you will get discounted food and perhaps a free beer.

Both those teams are "giving back" to a very small minority of their fans.

The Jets offer 25% of merchandise at their store and that is available to every fan in the city.
There will also likely be some giveaway at the home opener for people that are lucky enough to be going.

Which of these three franchises got it right?

To give more than a 25% discount would have been completely foolish. Jets merchandise is still selling well and if they offer this huge discount everyone would buy everything they want and the sales would be flat for the foreseeable future.

spicy

Aug 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Clearly the LOCKOUT was for the fans of the Winnipeg Jets. If you think about that... HONESTLY for a while, you will understand it.

If the Jets play in an environment where they can sign and keep marquee players, and have the chance to win the Stanley Cup, I am happy.

I'll take that over some mea culpa giveaway any day of the week.

Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but it's become quite evident that there are some who are just itching to find fault in an org that worked for many years to bring the NHL back here. If you choose to turn on them any time you think something isn't perfect, so be it.

I will stay loyal to the org that stayed loyal to my city.

amen to that. Where are your seats? ill buy you a beer for that. :cheers:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
As Noel would say... give me a golden 2 points on Saturday afternoon. That'll make me happy. No overtime just a regulation win... those are going to be huge wins for a team with all play be inter-conference.

Go Jets Go!

This. Especially after those losses we suffered to the Sens last year, man oh man did those leave a sour taste in my mouth.

I hear Jet sits in section 117 row 5, you should buy someone claiming to be Jet a beer!

Haha. I see what you did there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad