Post-Game Talk: What A Run: Thank you, 2013-14 New York Rangers

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Is he that desperate for hits? Each article was terribly off-based. You could find about 100 users here who could do his job better.

Edit: Some guy actually called Lundqvist, Flukeqvist in the comment section. Lol. That's a new one.

Yes, the same guy who was really proud of the fact that the Isles only had 4 less road wins than us. :laugh:

Cobra Jack*

“I don’t want to say this series was the easiest, but it was the least physically demanding without a doubt,†said Kings defenseman Drew Doughty. “The other series were more physical and tougher on the body. It was still a good series, but the other ones were tougher.â€

Truly a classless comment from Doughty. He's lucky the Kings won Game 5, otherwise he'd be hearing an earful right about now from all those "loyal" Kings fans about how Boyle completely undressed him on the Rangers 2nd goal.

I'll take McDonagh over this clown any day of the week. He's better on defense and can score just the same, minus the flash.

And of course the other series were tougher. You didn't have the refs hand you 2 games in the other rounds, Drew. Unreal how he's talking about an "easy" series when 3 games went to OT and 2 went to double OT. The 2 that went to double OT should have never gone there, and the Rangers should be up 3-2 right now.

Wonder if Drew would still think this was an "easy" series if the refs weren't in L.A.'s pocket those 2 games. Doubt it. He's a punk.

BlaqICE

Apr 10, 2007
N.Y.
Everyone still keeps saying "west was too dominant, the real SCF was the kings/blackhawks".

I know it shouldn't bother me, but I keep thinking to myself "how stupid can these people be?"...did no one watch the games? Did everyone just see "kings win in 5" and make assumptions? I'm at a loss here. I care, because I want my team to get the recognition it deserves.

Kings were better but they weren't THAT much better. It's amazing how the human mind works, though, isn't it? The power of suggestion is an amazing thing. EVERYONE kept hyping up how "west is best" and despite WATCHING the Rangers go neck and neck with L.A. people STILL cling to the notion that the series was a blowout because that's what they were told it was going to be beforehand.

:shakehead

I agree, and along with that came the notion that the Rangers play "boring" hockey while the Kings are so fun to watch. In my mind there is not a more boring team to watch than the Kings. For the most part, they pound the crap out of you with their forecheck and capitalize on the mistakes that you make in your zone. I think if more people actually watched the Rangers they would realize that this idea that they play boring hockey is mostly a remnant from years past.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I was actually listening to the radio at that point and Maloney was flipping out on this call. He was livid. It's pretty clear why.

Anyone have a link to the radio broadcast, would like to hear Maloney in that moment :)

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
The Kings managed to win one single game in regular time, and all three home games went to OT. And they talk about an easy series....

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
The Kings managed to win one single game in regular time, and all three home games went to OT. And they talk about an easy series....

I think the comment was easy in a physical manner, and only Doughty knows how his body felt after the Rangers series compared to the other series. They won in five games, compared to 7 in the other series. That there was 3 OT games matters little; it still was five games to them and that's how they're going to look at it. To me, he made a comment that I wouldn't want a member of a team I'm rooting for to make, but again, perhaps the series was easier on the body since he doesn't much by saying the Rangers are soft compared to the Hawks.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We unquestionably overachieved. Our progression, nay, evolution was tremendous. We'll sort out a few roster/cap issues this summer -- maybe make a few interesting trades. But, tonight, the better team won the Cup. Well-deserved.

Better team?......yes, but not by much.
More fortunate? Yes, by miles.
More deserved? No! Emphatically NO!

To think I rooted for LA when down 0-3 vs Sharks (had Sharks in 6 in bracket challenge) makes me sick now knowing I was rooting for the team that would deny us from possibly winning it. Who'd of thunk it?

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
We overachieved and it was a great run but let's face it, the Kings are much better.

If we play 3 more OTs, the Kings will probably win them too. It's not luck when you are able to come back from 2 goals down over and over again. Remember they did that to Chicago in game 7 in the UC. I bet Chicago fans were saying the same and the Bs fans were saying the same for their series vs the Habs that they were the better team but posts and bounces did them in. No, the better team won. End of story.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I agree, and along with that came the notion that the Rangers play "boring" hockey while the Kings are so fun to watch. In my mind there is not a more boring team to watch than the Kings. For the most part, they pound the crap out of you with their forecheck and capitalize on the mistakes that you make in your zone. I think if more people actually watched the Rangers they would realize that this idea that they play boring hockey is mostly a remnant from years past.

Yes, the "Tortarella years". Anyone thinking that, apparently haven't watched the Rangers much this year under AV (and its not even a finished product yet). It's "night and day" from those years. I'll bet anything we had at least 1/3 more offensive chances this year than in any year with Torts.

Must be coming from the "casual fan".

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I was actually listening to the radio at that point and Maloney was flipping out on this call. He was livid. It's pretty clear why.

Not sure if anyone said this already, but here it goes.
How does it make sense that Zuccha would "trip" Muzzin when he had an opportunity for a breakaway?
Seems to me the "stationary" player (Muzzin) would trip to impede the moving player. Oh and btw, the puck was already past him. Just saying.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I hate basketball fans, I'm having a 12 hour argument with a friend who's trying to compare Lundqvist to Lebron. He said Lundqvist's only finals appearance and he couldn't win I'm like he can't score goals dude what more do you want. I just.......I can't argue with some one who's trying to compare apples to oranges

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I hate basketball fans, I'm having a 12 hour argument with a friend who's trying to compare Lundqvist to Lebron. He said Lundqvist's only finals appearance and he couldn't win I'm like he can't score goals dude what more do you want. I just.......I can't argue with some one who's trying to compare apples to oranges

Henrik Lundqvist is like Felix Hernandez. Arguably the best at his position and carries his team, but loses 1-0 or 2-1 games because they get no consistent offensive support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad